Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 212 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think so.
    If you are chasing a bat, chase harper. The other interesting thought I saw was, can Andjuar play LF? I personally think he will get better at third. With his bat, all he needs to be is a middle of the pack defender.
    I tend to agree. If FO believes his future is at 3B, have him work and work hard on his deficiencies all winter.

As we discussed earlier. Is another big bat what is needed? They have ample fire power. They need to play smarter BB. I guess that would be Boone's responsibility and domain. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I'm more inclined to spend big on pitching, a clear gaping hole.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

i dont mind singing CC sabathia as a 5th starter, We dont really need 5 aces, we have tanak, severino, they could patch up the other 2 with happ and corbin but not be complacent with them. they must focus on one more elite starter, sabathia as a 5th starter is ok, if he falters you still keep him and plug in Jordan mongomery who i totally forgot existed lol thats an ok rotation until an ace becomes available , but they should have the financial flexibility as well as the prospects stack piled so the next time a cole is available or a sale is available they are all in to make the trade

as to the machado vs andujar subject, to me its a no brainer to add machado, his SLG, OPS numbers are better, he has a little more speed, he adds star power to sell to the fans and marketing and above it all he brings in elite defense, yes the hitting numbers arent that far off each other but whats not to say that andujar doesnt regress? they are only 3 years apart in age and to top it off they can have both if they wanted

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...ayroll-to-use/

Interesting article on our payroll situation since we stayed under the tax.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It really sucks we're paying Jake $22M/yr

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...ayroll-to-use/

Interesting article on our payroll situation since we stayed under the tax.

Great article. The reset was worth it for them. They can spend as much as they wish.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    our rotation sucks we need arms
    our pitching was so bad this season how can we be content with going with 4 of the same 5 guys. we need a true torp
    the same lineup plus Machado will be good
    then add 2 REAL PITCHERS
    worst case scenario

Well, when there's 25 teams worse than the Yankees staff, you can't say they suck. So you're not content going with Severino, a 19 game winner? Tanaka? Happ? CC is tough one. He's still a decent NUMBER FIVE pitcher. but could just as easily be replaced. It's a tough choice. I won't argue with the fact they do need to pick up a quality pitcher this winter, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

How about this stat. The Rays starters only allowed 255 earned runs this season. Then next closest was Houston at 335. Amazing!!!
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 10-11-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    as to the machado vs andujar subject, to me its a no brainer to add machado, his SLG, OPS numbers are better, he has a little more speed, he adds star power to sell to the fans and marketing and above it all he brings in elite defense, yes the hitting numbers arent that far off each other but whats not to say that andujar doesnt regress? they are only 3 years apart in age and to top it off they can have both if they wanted
    3 years and $30M apart! Machado glove worth that much more? He committed 13 errors at SS (147 games) this season, granted a more difficult position he hasn't played in quite some time, to Andujar's 15 in 136 games. Andujar is only 23.

I wouldn't call it a no-brainer. If you or I were writing the check I think we would need to think long and hard on the decision. Manny is a great player. I've called him a generational talent that should be acquired when the opportunity presents. However things have changed. The youngs bucks have performed well. Too easy spending other peoples money.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    3 years and $30M apart! Machado glove worth that much more? He committed 13 errors at SS (147 games) this season, granted a more difficult position he hasn't played in quite some time, to Andujar's 15 in 136 games. Andujar is only 23.

I wouldn't call it a no-brainer. If you or I were writing the check I think we would need to think long and hard on the decision. Manny is a great player. I've called him a generational talent that should be acquired when the opportunity presents. However things have changed. The youngs bucks have performed well. Too easy spending other peoples money.
    the yanks lost last year because of there offense scoring 3 runs in 4 games in houston.. and in game 1 and game 4 vs the redsox the offense killed this team...why can't the yanks both sign harper and machado they can afford it....

if you sign manny and he goes back to third base he is worth it he is a great defensive 3b..and he had his best overall year with the bat.. and he is a clutch hitter.. something lacking on this team...

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on Machado, but barely any on Harper....if we could convince Bryce to play 1B, I think I'd rather him than Manny. We could use another LH bat and he would terrorize the RF stands at Yankee Stadium

yes its not my money, but the marketing alone would pay most of this scenario, i believe getting stanton was a dumb move but i understood it because they couldnt take the risk that either machado or harper or both were off the table come this offseason, but going in now and marketing harper-stanton-machado-judge.... in their prime? and possible comebacks from Sanchez? marketing alone makes this worth it

im all for not throwing money and staying under the cap only for the right purpose, the yankees really didnt need to get under the cap to make a profit, they make a lot more than they waste on tax

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Well, when there's 25 teams worse than the Yankees staff, you can't say they suck. So you're not content going with Severino, a 19 game winner? Tanaka? Happ? CC is tough one. He's still a decent NUMBER FIVE pitcher. but could just as easily be replaced. It's a tough choice. I won't argue with the fact they do need to pick up a quality pitcher this winter, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

How about this stat. The Rays starters only allowed 255 earned runs this season. Then next closest was Houston at 335. Amazing!!!
    stat

isn't 'rays starters' pretty much an oxymoron how do the innings compare

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Done. Harper at 1B, Machado at 3B. Happ and Kerschaw for the Rotation. Trade Andujar, Frazier and Bird for Realmuto. Stanton plays left. Sign CC, as a long man out of the bullpen if he wants it and Gardner (or McChutchen, but he would cost more) as the 4th outfielder.

Hicks - CF
    Judge - RF
    Harper 1B
    Machado - 3B
    Didi - SS
    Realmuto - C
    Stanton - LF
    Sanchez -DH
    Torres - 2B

Gardner
    Voit
    Hecheverria
    Romine

Severino
    Tanaka
    Happ
    Kerschaw
    Sheffield

Sabathia
    Losoiga
    Kahle
    Tarpley
    Green
    Betances
    Chapman

Those who you pass on Machado, based on money. Yikes.

Yanks are a freaking cash cow. If they don't spend the money, they will pocket it. I can understand wanting to use it if there was a pitcher who was worth 30 million a year and it was either or, but that's not the case.

CC and Gardner alone if off the Books are close to 30 million. Plus they're already still under the tax threshold without those two off the books.

Andujar may only have x amount of errors, however; there are a ton of what should have been outs at first because he double clutched it, which were not charged as errors. He also finished with the worst defensive metrics of any 3rd baseman. His range is poor.

The fact that he couldn't be trusted at 3B in a playoff game, is concerning.

Page 6 of 212 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast