Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 547 of 563 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 8440
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Agreed.. there are too many who mistakingly think that Manny or Bryce will be HUGE upgrades... but sadly... they won't be..
    this team won 100 games despite:
    -Torres spent ~4 weeks on the dl
    -Judge Spent 6+ weeks on the DL
    -Sanchez Spent a bunch of time on the DL, and then played with an injured shoulder that would have impeded his ability to receive the pitch, hit for contact and depending upon the hitter, even hit for power.
    -This team went half the season with Minor league pitchers filling in for Monty in the 5 hole.. the better ones even spent time on the DL
    -Sevy started tipping pitches
    -Giancarlo played the last 3 months on injured legs
    -Bird started the season on the DL and never did round into the form we've seen flashes of.

You fix the injuries and Sevy's pitch tipping alone.. you are probably looking at 8-10 or more game swing. Adding Paxton over the minor league pitchers will be a big upgrade.

Adding Manny or Bryce... as nice as they are, you have to subtract a pretty good player to add those guys... Miggy would not be a good subtraction in my book.. Harper is not enough better to warrant the contract over Gardy... even worse if Frazier steps up...

No, this team can improve just by staying healthy... much more than they would by adding Manny or bryce
    Cool. Iíll make sure Boone tells the guys to stay healthy this year. Iím sure that never crossed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    :rimjobs:

FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Iím waiting for KJs source to report Mannys wife shaved Harperís balls while FaceTiming with Hal.

Until that happens, no one signs anywhere.
    Iíve been saying that exact thing since the DH was invented.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post

Keuchel sucks and we don't need him.

Machado is a cancer and would be an albatros within 2 years he would be the most hated figure in NY sports.

Hard Pass, glad the Yankees agree..
    keuchel does not suck.. cc sucks should have let cc go and sigh keuchel...machado is a great ballplayer this is nonsense about him being a cancer the yankees have had controversial people play for them in the past arod reggie jackson etc etc etc... all i care about is what they do on the field...yanks have to win it all this year.. they cannot let the sox win another world series...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    keuchel does not suck.. cc sucks should have let cc go and sigh keuchel...machado is a great ballplayer this is nonsense about him being a cancer the yankees have had controversial people play for them in the past arod reggie jackson etc etc etc... all i care about is what they do on the field...yanks have to win it all this year.. they cannot let the sox win another world series...
    Exactly. People get to caught up in spending (or not spending) Halís money. All fans should care about is the team winning. Being ďloyalĒ to guys like CC and Gardner is BS. Where do you draw the line? These guys were well compensated for what they did during their time here to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Exactly. People get to caught up in spending (or not spending) Halís money. All fans should care about is the team winning. Being ďloyalĒ to guys like CC and Gardner is BS. Where do you draw the line? These guys were well compensated for what they did during their time here to begin with.
    Yes, the loyalty theory is foolish. Thatís exactly how businesses fail. They were already paid absurd amounts when they were useful. Paying them triple what their open market price would be is terrible business.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Well...looks like Kap was a waste....setback for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Yes, the loyalty theory is foolish. Thatís exactly how businesses fail. They were already paid absurd amounts when they were useful. Paying them triple what their open market price would be is terrible business.
    So in essence rewarding a player for years of good service is foolish. Acknowledging you respect and appreciate his commitment to pinstripes and never having worn any other uniform in minors or majors is foolish. Yes BB is a business, fortunately Yankee ownership has the insight to understand the value of a player spending his entire career with one organization and rewarding the effort. A rarity in todays game, where it appears most players are hired guns that chase the money. Maybe you would prefer they reinstate the reserve clause, treat players like chattel, property to to be bought, sold and traded at ownership's discretion?

CC was a workhorse for 6+ seasons before injuries slowed him down. Last two seasons he's regained some form and gone 23-12, averaging 150 innings. His 3.66 ERA for the two seasons was below his carreer average of 3.70. His SO/9 was near a career high at 8.2 last season. Granted he's near the end, but $8M, considering his recent numbers is in line with the market.

Gardy will likely be the starting LF. Had a horrid season at the plate last season, the worst of his 11 year career, save his rookie season. Despite the decline at the plate, Gardner remained reliable on the bases and in the outfield. He produced 11 defensive runs saved, down from 20 a year ago but right in line with the 12 he had in his Gold Glove 2016 season. In fact, his 8.4 UZR/150 was actually better than 2016, although still a little down from 2017. His Outs Above Average declined from five to zero. Hard to argue with a glove that good for $7.5M and if his bat returns to career norm we can expect .261 with a .740 OPS.

You claim to be a business exec and entrepreneur who has hired at least 400 people. Just wondering how do you reward them for longevity and a job well done? Do you expect loyalty from an employee? Your hero Trump demands it.

Could you explain how showing some compassion for an employee and rewarding their loyalty leads to business failure? In my experience employees who feel valued tend to work harder, remain on the job longer and are generally more positive in their approach to work environment and ownership.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Well...looks like Kap was a waste....setback for the kid.
    At first I thought you meant Kaepernick.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Sauron loves Leo as well but is Mussina really coming out of retirement to get that ever elusive ring he so desperately wants??
    I believe Incarcerated Bob more than I believe Leo or KJ. And as I am typing this my phone alerts me that the Indians are keeping Kluber, so I guess I am right. Game. Set. Match.

Cool. Iíll make sure Boone tells the guys to stay healthy this year. Iím sure that never crossed their minds.
    That would be great.. except Boone is the weakest link on the team..

I completely agree. And I have my doubts on how successful Paxton will be. I donít think the team has improved as greatly as Hal would like you to believe it has.
    How much greater do you think they could improve? They won 100 games. How often does that happen?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Halís quotes are disturbing. He is saying he is happy because we have a better roster than last years Opening Day.

What heís not answering is ĎDo we have a better roster than last years Closing Dayí?

And Iím not sure we do.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Halís quotes are disturbing. He is saying he is happy because we have a better roster than last years Opening Day.

What heís not answering is ĎDo we have a better roster than last years Closing Dayí?

And Iím not sure we do.
    Thatís what the measuring stick should be.

So it looks like Cleveland is keeping Kluber and Moose is very close to a deal with the Brewers.

I think that the only people that really have any legit info are Hal and Cashman, everything else seems to be a smoke screen.

I though last yrs FA market was bad and it doesn't even come close to how weird this off season has been. It amazing to be 4 of the top 6 FA remain unsigned the week ST is starting