Jake Story

@TalkinJake

In my lifetime I’ve had to defend:

“The Yankees only buy their championships!”

and now I have to defend

“The Yankees don’t spend any money to get players!”

I can relate.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I guess Carrasco is no longer a trade option.

Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal
    Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal

#Indians exercise RHP Carlos Carrasco’s $10.25M option for 2020 and sign him to two-year extension for ‘21 and ‘22 with vesting option for ‘23, sources tell The Athletic. The extension covers Carrasco’s age 34 and 35 seasons. The vesting option is for his age 36 campaign.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Carlos Carrasco extension with the Indians. Sounds like its either Kluber or Bauer for us. Hope we get one of them.

Think about this for a moment:

Corbin 6yr/140mill
    Eovaldi 4yr/68mill
    Paxton for Justus Sheffield

the most important deal the yanks need is to get themselves a new gm cashman been here 20 years about time the yanks went in a different direction...

After Patrick Corbin signed with the Nationals on Monday, a rumor floated that the Yankees had offered the left-hander a deal for five years and $100 million. The Phillies were said to have made an offer around that number too. Well, according to Jack Curry, the Bombers never made an official offer at all.

“They told him they’d be comfortable [with] 4 or 5 years for $17M to $20M per year. So $100M was floated. When Corbin said he was seeking ‘[Yu] Darvish money,’ NY didn’t make offer.”

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    After Patrick Corbin signed with the Nationals on Monday, a rumor floated that the Yankees had offered the left-hander a deal for five years and $100 million. The Phillies were said to have made an offer around that number too. Well, according to Jack Curry, the Bombers never made an official offer at all.

“They told him they’d be comfortable [with] 4 or 5 years for $17M to $20M per year. So $100M was floated. When Corbin said he was seeking ‘[Yu] Darvish money,’ NY didn’t make offer.”
    They failed to make an offer to Eovaldi too. But yet there are still those on here who think they have a shot at machado or Harper.

In a way this is very heady negotiating tactic. In years past agents, like Boras, would take a Yankee offer and then go shopping it to drive the price for his clients. Employing the above mentioned accomplishes two things, you get a real feel for where they are at while not presenting a "formal" offer that can be used to your disadvantage.

ps. I think we can all agree formal offer or not 5/$100M was the market, not the $140M over pay.
    Last edited by drt1010; 12-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Think about this for a moment:

Corbin 6yr/140mill
    Eovaldi 4yr/68mill
    Paxton for Justus Sheffield
    All well, good, and very true but we needed to do far more than Paxton to upgrade and options seem to be fast dwindling.

Any Questions?

Great job posting something I did two pages ago. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    All well, good, and very true but we needed to do far more than Paxton to upgrade and options seem to be fast dwindling.
    I think cash is working the trade market, real hard. Maybe Kluber or Bauer, heck maybe even Carrasco, even tho he just signed an extension. Just my own speculation. However I thought they were the favorites for Corbin. So, what do I know.

It’s like Bizarro World where deals are happening and just passing us by while we sign Slappy and Fatty only and pray a 36 year old who got wrecked in the playoffs comes back til he’s 39 Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    True and I agree.

You grasp the gist and essence of intended.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Great job posting something I did two pages ago. Well done.
    i live for the present not in the past....

if the yanks bring back happ... except for paxton the entire starting pitching staff will be the same..do the yanks gm...figure paxton will be the difference maker come playoff time?