Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 466 of 502 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7522
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Bill Simmons, on Fatcesa, was laughing at the Yankees ‘budget rebuilding winter’. Ouch. That one hurt to hear.
    Bill Simmons is whiny a hack. Zero talent. Have forever hated him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BWilliamsfan51 View Post
    @BarstoolHubbs tweeted an old quote from Hal last night. Apparently 3 years ago Hal said "We're still the New York Yankees, all you guys know that. We know what the fans expected. We know what the town expects. We're not going to be afraid to spend money."

I wonder what happened? Either way I'm not abandoning the Yankees like Johnny is. Hopefully he abandons this forum.
    Jake happened. Ruined it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, Obama doubled-tripled the deficit during his 8 years. But that is ok for the Dems....

Sevy has no more excuses anymore with innings and workload issues.....we can’t be babying this guy anymore with that.....200 innings and Oct dominance is now expected....hopefully we get Kluber and the pressure will come off of him..I highly doubt the prior workloads are the reasons for his pitiful postseasons.....Maybe he is one who crumbles under pressure...The Twins game kind of said it all with his failures with pressure.....
    You’re now an equal of cucumber boy.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jon Heyman @JonHeyman

Verified account

Following Following @JonHeyman

Sonny Gray settled st $7.5M. Important for the reds and other potentially interested teams to know.
    Might as well keep him for insurance with CC and his heart issues....I don’t expect him to last past June before he retires....We spent specs on Gray, might as well see what you can get out of him...
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I think we all read into the "fully operational Deathstar" comment wrong. The Yankees are, and have always been, a fully operational Deathstar. They always will be. The problem, at least currently, is that the officers manning the Deathstar are unwilling to blow up anything, especially the budget.
    I think Hal wants 6-7 homegrown players in the lineups.....A lot of saving with that for NOW...
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Here's an idea. NOBODY should increase the deficit.

Anyway, can we stop with the ****ing political ********? It's a ****ing sports forum.
    No ****! Slow offseason, the worst ever.....A few political jabs is no biggie as long it is quick......
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Might as well keep him for insurance with CC and his heart issues....I don’t expect him to last past June before he retires....We spent specs on Gray, might as well see what you can get out of him...
    A terrible pitcher at home and an above average pitcher on the road. Old news.

If they don't land another SP then going CC/Gray home/away is an interesting option, dunno how the time off between starts will work but hey, openers are a part of the game now so ...

Quote Originally Posted by WHOCARES? View Post
    Because we don't understand why the Yankees were so in on him and now they're not, because of this worth, knowing he was gonna ask for a lot.

I mean...he's a 26-year-old, all-star.
    Who lacks character. Hence the disinterest. End of story.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the DJ signing. I don’t get what their plan is. Do they plan on just patching the infield together? Sort of like the mentality of “throw enough sh** against the wall and hope something sticks”? Part of me wonders if this means Andujar is going over to first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Who lacks character. Hence the disinterest. End of story.
    Harper must lack character too then.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

You mean all the times Harper doesn't bust it down to first? I thought only Machado did that. Or the dug out fight because his teammates didn't appreciate his lack of effort? Or him throwing a hissy fit when he gets an IBB? That guy?

No! Hogwash!

I laugh looking at the ramblings of you guys... I fall off my chair laughing at you whiners about the yanks NOT getting Manny/Harper...Keep up the entertainment... Leo, You're correct that Trump is giving great entertainment.. but it's nothing compared to you guys complaining about no Manny...

Here are a few things that I've thought about.. Some I'm sure YOu'll agree with... Some could be in left field... but some of it is what's giving me the laughter at you whiners...

Questions:
    1. If revenues (league not Yankee) are at an all time high... Why has the Luxury tax threshold not risen with them? Every other league (NHL, NBA, NFL) has their salary caps tied to revenue.. Yet MLB's revenue continures to grow while the threshold raises only about 5% total over 10 years.

Observations:
    1. We know that the Yankees don't want to do anymore 10 year deals and really don't want to go past 7... and would rather stay ~5 year deals. We know this from the issues back 5 years ago now when Robbie left because the Yanks would not go 10 years. I get the feeling that this is the real problem with Manny. The yanks I expect would have no problem going with the expected $$$/year... They just want to stay at 5 years and Manny wants more... I can't blame Hal on this one. And I can't blame Jakes deal for this... because like it or not.. It was this very policy why we got Jake instead of Robbie in the first place. But I can say that Jakes deal completely proves why they shouldn't.
    2. Manny is stringing this process along because the Yanks won't bend on item 1. I expect that the yankees are getting sick of this being jerked around and are getting ready to just move on. If Manny wants to be a Yank.. he better make up his mind as I don't believe the yanks are low-balling him.. just keeping the duration shorter.

3. Harper vs Stanton... What is it with this Man-love for Bryce Harper? With the exception of 2015 when Harper was out of this world.. G has been the better overall player in every way. The main thing keep Bryce even decent in WAR is his walks.. and that's mostly because pitcher recognize he's the best hitter in a poor lineup.. don't let him beat you.. walking him is not that bad.. In this yankee lineup.. He'd have to hit his way on and with the exception of a few HR's... he's not been very good at that. Not to mention, Harper is looking for a record deal and See observation 1 and you should know.. that won't happen.. Get over it already.. so he's Left-Handed.. That means he's subject to the shift and can get shut down pretty quickly by that. In today's game, that's a liability.. Yes YS has that short porch... but you're not going to hit 200 HR's or even 50 out of there.. when you have to hit all or nothing.. nothing becomes the majority ending. Giancarlo has been the better player most every year.. so you guys who advocate moving G to get Harper.. You are really saying.. I want the Yankees to spend more money for an inferior player so the Yankees are a worse team... Just shows how little you think things through. (2012 to 2018.. G has had a 32 WAR vs. Bryces 30.7... )

4. When You guys heard that the Yanks will get below the threshold so that they can spend... Many of you made the mistake of ASSUMING that mean... DRUNKEN SAILOR.... I don't remember Hal saying anything more than they COULD spend again without the hit tax rate. As in, no guarantees that he would spend big in the UFA market this year. So they are spending, as had been noted they appear to be over the threshold. They just have not thrown the $$$ around like they don't care.. That's not Hal's fault.. That's your expectations... Get over it..

5. UFA signings are not like the draft. In the draft, you should always draft the best player available. When it comes to UFA signings, You have to look at your team and determine what you need. Oh, you can improve a position that you don't need, but you have to be smart about it. Manny is good, but he's not ~$30M/year better than Andujar... Oh, yeah you could flip Miggy for a torp.. if ones available.. but right now.. that's not the case... Still rumors about Kluber.. But I would not trade a 23yo future star for any pitcher already on the wrong side of 30... Syndergard maybe.. Kluber.. not just no, but Hell NO... Neither Manny or Bryce makes this team that much better that I'd cry over it.. simply put.. neither one pitches.. and that's what this team really needs.. pitching.

6. Generational Talent.. sorry.. neither Bryce nor Manny qualify.. Oh, they are very good.. but that term has got to be for the best of the best... and just to compare some numbers:
    Mike Trout.. 2012-2018: War 64.7
    Bryce Harper 2012 - 2018: 30.7
    Manny Machado 2012 - 2018: 30.2
    Giancarlo Stanton 2012 - 2018: 32.0

Mike IS a generational talent.. and he's more valuable than both Bryce and Manny COMBINED by their WAR numbers.. That means, they are very good players who got lucky early in their careers by being brought up when they were young. What term are you going to use for Mike in a few years when his contract comes up? It can't be GT... because if these guys are it.. and he's worth 2 GT's combined.. Well, you do the math...

At some point, some of you will start to see things for what they are... right now, you just want what you want... Bryce has not helped himself since his MVP year.. he's been anything but great.. good yes.. but not great.. He just don't deserve the deal he's looking for.. I expect that he won't sign until the middle of ST at the earliest...

Manny... who the bleep knows... but I expect if he wants to be a Yankee.. he'll have to call Brian and Co very soon..

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around the DJ signing. I don’t get what their plan is. Do they plan on just patching the infield together? Sort of like the mentality of “throw enough sh** against the wall and hope something sticks”? Part of me wonders if this means Andujar is going over to first.
    According to Jack Curry the plan is to use DJ around the infield (twitter), 1B, 2B and 3B.

I don't get it. He's been a 2B most of his career. He's piled up tons of accolades as a 2B, obviously his best and preferred position. In 8 seasons he played a total of 4 games at 1B, 4 games at SS, and 41 games at 3B and 892 games at 2B! He hasn't played a position other than 2B since 2014.

My gut, he's the 2B, Torres to SS, Tulo to the bench utility role and Andujar stays at 3B, Bird at 1B with Voit waiting in the wings.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You mean all the times Harper doesn't bust it down to first? I thought only Machado did that. Or the dug out fight because his teammates didn't appreciate his lack of effort? Or him throwing a hissy fit when he gets an IBB? That guy?

No! Hogwash!
    Perhaps, but only Manny was dumb enough to admit it. Maybe it is simply that the Yankees just didn't want a moron on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Nah, some stuff may have went down when he was younger (not last year like Manny), but truth is Harper is charismatic and enjoyable to watch. You see him kill that HR Derby? That is star power!
    Harper will be a king in this town and sell lots of tickets and jerseys (more than Dirty). Yankees know this.