Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 464 of 502 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 7522
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Maybe. Although, you have two players that really wanna wear pinstripes, if it were any other 2 FAs I'd feel the same...

Having said that, I do agree they don't need either . but the man, it would be fun...
    Yankees talking to Harper after Phillies.

Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    But your source just told me the Yankees were getting trout for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    You really think they just gave him 12 mil a year for depth? Just like they gave slappy 7.5 mil to be a leader in the clubhouse?
    Actually yeah, I do. For a player that can play EVERY infield position, who won multiple GG's and won a batting title? With Didi being out and TT a hope more than a sure thing? It's a great move for many reasons.

Where is this coming from? Nothing reported that I can see.

Why would they need to talk to him when you already said they had an offer in weeks ago?

Would you pay $350m for a guy who batted .259 with a .310 OBP?

Cause that was Manny in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBomb51 View Post
    Why would they need to talk to him when you already said they had an offer in weeks ago?
    The guy is an absolute joke and a terrible troll. Not one thing he mentioned has even been right and every player they've signed or traded for, this guy knew nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBomb51 View Post
    Lol he canít keep track of his lies

Is funny how people wreck Sonny Gray but he had splits about as equal to Judge. Sonny was excellent on the road.

Same w DJ. Splits just like Judge.

Itís also funny how we assume a .190 hitter will be an all star again in Gary.

And we just discount Mannys awful 2017 and horrendous playoffs last year.

Yankee Fan Glasses are entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeewarrior View Post
    I didn't mean it offensively towards you, if it came out that way, my apologies. I just wanted to point out my change of perspective.

I disagree. An ace would help, definitely. It doesn't guarantee number 28 for us. Astros had arguably the best starting five in the league, the Sox opened up a can of whoop *** on them.

If they can have starters that can limit the damage (they do), a bullpen capable of locking it down, and improve their situational hitting, along with hitting better with RISP, they can win. I believe there is no single way to guarantee a championship. Increase your odds by making smart moves (obviously).
    I never said getting an ace will guarantee a championship. Not sure where you read that one. My point is they need an ace if they want to beat the Red Sox. They have improved the team with Paxton, but went backwards with the Didi injury. They have the lineup to beat any team any time already. Their area of need is an ace.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    DJ is GREAT depth; doesnt take em outta Manny. People in here are so jumpy it's ridiculous .

The offseason is a game of chess, not checkers, when will people realize that....
    Indeed you are correct, however, we continue to add to our payroll... There is a limit to what Hal is willing to spend, and to think otherwise would be absolute denial. We are officially over the first tier... Adding one of the big names now, will put us over the 2nd, and dangerously close to the 3rd. Leaving us little to no wiggle room come trade deadline... If we are down a pitcher, which is a very good possibility, we will have no money to add a quality arm. Unless Cash pulls some super ninja move, sheds some payroll in the dead weight areas, I believe we are done with the big names.

Here is the latest info I heard this morning, for those who are interested:

1. Machado - They are livid with him. They thought they had a deal and he came back looking for more money. They are officially out. However, they are willing to get back in it, if he comes back to them begging. However, they will not increase their offer.

2. Harper - Machado has to drop first. They are interested in him. However, like Machado, they have a firm offer in mind. No 10 years. Would be willing to do both. However, the thought is that the Nationals will go to 10 yrs and drastically over pay.
    You said the deal was done weeks ago. Stop trying to cover your tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I never said getting an ace will guarantee a championship. Not sure where you read that one. My point is they need an ace if they want to beat the Red Sox. They have improved the team with Paxton, but went backwards with the Didi injury. They have the lineup to beat any team any time already. Their area of need is an ace.
    My mistake regarding needing an ace for championship, but you said needing an ace to beat the sox, and my point still stands. Houston had several, and one can argue that they rolled over easier than we did (minus the blowout game, all others were close for us). I don't see how an ace is needed to beat the sox, while it definitely does help, so would a Machado, Harper, or any other significant addition to the team.

Sumthins brewin'

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeewarrior View Post
    Indeed you are correct, however, we continue to add to our payroll... There is a limit to what Hal is willing to spend, and to think otherwise would be absolute denial. We are officially over the first tier... Adding one of the big names now, will put us over the 2nd, and dangerously close to the 3rd. Leaving us little to no wiggle room come trade deadline... If we are down a pitcher, which is a very good possibility, we will have no money to add a quality arm. Unless Cash pulls some super ninja move, sheds some payroll in the dead weight areas, I believe we are done with the big names.
    NYY09 agrees while he eats his popcorn, laughs at over reactions and follows the offseason