Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 464 of 502 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 7522
  1. #6946
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Maybe. Although, you have two players that really wanna wear pinstripes, if it were any other 2 FAs I'd feel the same...

    Having said that, I do agree they don't need either . but the man, it would be fun...
    Yankees talking to Harper after Phillies.

  2. #6947
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Yankees talking to Harper after Phillies.
    But your source just told me the Yankees were getting trout for Jake.

  3. #6948
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    You really think they just gave him 12 mil a year for depth? Just like they gave slappy 7.5 mil to be a leader in the clubhouse?
    Actually yeah, I do. For a player that can play EVERY infield position, who won multiple GG's and won a batting title? With Didi being out and TT a hope more than a sure thing? It's a great move for many reasons.

  4. #6949
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,893
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Yankees talking to Harper after Phillies.
    Where is this coming from? Nothing reported that I can see.

  5. #6950
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Yankees talking to Harper after Phillies.
    Why would they need to talk to him when you already said they had an offer in weeks ago?

  6. #6951
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    37,138
    Would you pay $350m for a guy who batted .259 with a .310 OBP?

    Cause that was Manny in 2017.

  7. #6952
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    29,403
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBomb51 View Post
    Why would they need to talk to him when you already said they had an offer in weeks ago?
    The guy is an absolute joke and a terrible troll. Not one thing he mentioned has even been right and every player they've signed or traded for, this guy knew nothing about.

  8. #6953
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBomb51 View Post
    Why would they need to talk to him when you already said they had an offer in weeks ago?
    Lol he canít keep track of his lies

  9. #6954
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    37,138
    Is funny how people wreck Sonny Gray but he had splits about as equal to Judge. Sonny was excellent on the road.

    Same w DJ. Splits just like Judge.


    Itís also funny how we assume a .190 hitter will be an all star again in Gary.

    And we just discount Mannys awful 2017 and horrendous playoffs last year.


    Yankee Fan Glasses are entertaining.

  10. #6955
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeewarrior View Post
    I didn't mean it offensively towards you, if it came out that way, my apologies. I just wanted to point out my change of perspective.



    I disagree. An ace would help, definitely. It doesn't guarantee number 28 for us. Astros had arguably the best starting five in the league, the Sox opened up a can of whoop *** on them.

    If they can have starters that can limit the damage (they do), a bullpen capable of locking it down, and improve their situational hitting, along with hitting better with RISP, they can win. I believe there is no single way to guarantee a championship. Increase your odds by making smart moves (obviously).
    I never said getting an ace will guarantee a championship. Not sure where you read that one. My point is they need an ace if they want to beat the Red Sox. They have improved the team with Paxton, but went backwards with the Didi injury. They have the lineup to beat any team any time already. Their area of need is an ace.


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  11. #6956
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    DJ is GREAT depth; doesnt take em outta Manny. People in here are so jumpy it's ridiculous .

    The offseason is a game of chess, not checkers, when will people realize that....
    Indeed you are correct, however, we continue to add to our payroll... There is a limit to what Hal is willing to spend, and to think otherwise would be absolute denial. We are officially over the first tier... Adding one of the big names now, will put us over the 2nd, and dangerously close to the 3rd. Leaving us little to no wiggle room come trade deadline... If we are down a pitcher, which is a very good possibility, we will have no money to add a quality arm. Unless Cash pulls some super ninja move, sheds some payroll in the dead weight areas, I believe we are done with the big names.

  12. #6957
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Here is the latest info I heard this morning, for those who are interested:

    1. Machado - They are livid with him. They thought they had a deal and he came back looking for more money. They are officially out. However, they are willing to get back in it, if he comes back to them begging. However, they will not increase their offer.

    2. Harper - Machado has to drop first. They are interested in him. However, like Machado, they have a firm offer in mind. No 10 years. Would be willing to do both. However, the thought is that the Nationals will go to 10 yrs and drastically over pay.
    You said the deal was done weeks ago. Stop trying to cover your tracks.

  13. #6958
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I never said getting an ace will guarantee a championship. Not sure where you read that one. My point is they need an ace if they want to beat the Red Sox. They have improved the team with Paxton, but went backwards with the Didi injury. They have the lineup to beat any team any time already. Their area of need is an ace.
    My mistake regarding needing an ace for championship, but you said needing an ace to beat the sox, and my point still stands. Houston had several, and one can argue that they rolled over easier than we did (minus the blowout game, all others were close for us). I don't see how an ace is needed to beat the sox, while it definitely does help, so would a Machado, Harper, or any other significant addition to the team.

  14. #6959
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    97
    Sumthins brewin'

  15. #6960
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeewarrior View Post
    Indeed you are correct, however, we continue to add to our payroll... There is a limit to what Hal is willing to spend, and to think otherwise would be absolute denial. We are officially over the first tier... Adding one of the big names now, will put us over the 2nd, and dangerously close to the 3rd. Leaving us little to no wiggle room come trade deadline... If we are down a pitcher, which is a very good possibility, we will have no money to add a quality arm. Unless Cash pulls some super ninja move, sheds some payroll in the dead weight areas, I believe we are done with the big names.
    NYY09 agrees while he eats his popcorn, laughs at over reactions and follows the offseason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •