Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 507 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 7603
    And when Didi comes back.....heís our 1996 version of Wade Boggs, Cecil Fielder and then Tim Raines.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    You guys are worried about giving a seasoned vet a shot at SS but youíre fine with Slappy in LF and our 1b tandem and Fatty with a bad heart?

If you gave me a choice to keep one guy out of Tulo Bird Voit Fatty and Slappy for this year.....I bet on Tulo every time.

Dont underestimate the passion to reesrablush himself and win as a Yankee.

No way. In order of people I would keep:

CC
    Gardner
    Bird
    Voit
    Tulo

Hopefully they all do well. But Iíd buy Tulo stock at that price all day.
    Totally agree, Tulo was a no brainer with no downside. He might not make it out of spring training because of injury or poor play. If so, so what.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    No way. In order of people I would keep:

CC
    Gardner
    Bird
    Voit
    Tulo

Totally agree, Tulo was a no brainer with no downside. He might not make it out of spring training because of injury or poor play. If so, so what.
    At the salaries they paid Slappy and Bacon? No chance i choose either. Bird or Voit I can agree.

Watch Tulo crush it for a short spurt til Didi comes back. Thatís all we need.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

And if Tulo does well, this city will embrace him big time cause everyone knows his Dream was to follow Jeter.

Manny will be public enemy number one from the minute he has the press conference.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

And if Tulo does well, this city will embrace him big time cause everyone knows his Dream was to follow Jeter.

Manny will be public enemy number one from the minute he has the press conference.
    I donít agree, Manny would be fine. Whatís different about him vs any other big FA. People would be fine once we pencil in his 35-40 hr and 100 rbi

As far as Tulo, 100% agree it would be a feel good story. And him at the bottom of the order chipping in with some decent ABs and a bit of power will be fine

Tulo is essentially taking Walker's spot. It's a no brainer

No risk in signing Tulo at all. But thereís great risk in making him our starting shortstop. Those two things are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Tulo is essentially taking Walker's spot. It's a no brainer

is he ? or is he taking didi's spot in the 1st 1/2

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít agree, Manny would be fine. Whatís different about him vs any other big FA. People would be fine once we pencil in his 35-40 hr and 100 rbi

As far as Tulo, 100% agree it would be a feel good story. And him at the bottom of the order chipping in with some decent ABs and a bit of power will be fine
    Hope you are correct. Just my gut feeling based on how many fans donít want him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    No risk in signing Tulo at all. But thereís great risk in making him our starting shortstop. Those two things are very different.
    No downside difference in Torres at 2B and Tulo at ss vs Wade at 2B and Torres at ss.

The latter would be a train wreck.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

At the salaries they paid Slappy and Bacon? No chance i choose either.
    CC for sure. That's a great deal for who will likely be the best 5th starter in baseball. That was a no brainer signing.

Gardner was a bit of an overpay for a 4th OF, but he can play al three spots, and is a clubhouse leader. You are guaranteed to get production from him.

Tulo is a gamble. Better then 50% chance we literally get nothing from him. But its a great bet for the cost.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

i expect nothing from tulo it would be a miracle he either hits or does not get injured in spring training...

manny will sign elsewhere tulo gets injured or does not hit.. yanks have no ss for 4 months...yanks could have just signed manny make him our ss.. but no they are cheap...

no risk in signing tulo at all. But thereís great risk in making him our starting shortstop. Those two things are very different.
    bingo!
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin