Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Well sure, the professors work for free and the buildings are built for free with free materials on free land, right? It would be no different than if the government just handed 100k to kids at age 18 and they used it to pay for their own college. (of course most would blow it on drinking, drugs, cars and computers).

    Players are not clustered into a handful of degrees, they select degrees. Usually taking whatever is easiest, because they're stupid and have no intention of learning.
    it amazes me how people choose to just live in ignorance like this. smh.

    free college tuition leads to more people with degrees and higher earning power, which can be taxed instead of having to support them with welfare because they cant afford to live on less than $10 an hour.

    the benefits are pretty clear to see, but because Americans are so up in arms about helping people get their lives started we'll get anywhere.
    Last edited by basch152; 10-10-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,585
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    it amazes me how people choose to just live in ignorance like this. smh.

    free college tuition leads to more people with degrees and higher earning power, which can be taxed instead of having to support them with welfare because they cant afford to live on less than $10 an hour.

    the benefits are pretty clear to see, but because Americans are so up in arms about helping people get their lives started we'll get anywhere.
    There is no such thing as "free college tuition". Enjoy the McJob.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    There is no such thing as "free college tuition". Enjoy the McJob.
    You were the first in this thread to use the term "free education".

    So why are you criticizing others for using it?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    4,402
    I'm pretty sure Brady was referring to playbooks, offensive trends, and emphasis on passing in the NFL as being similar to college football, not what gets called a personal foul.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,585
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You were the first in this thread to use the term "free education".

    So why are you criticizing others for using it?
    Because I said they were getting paid with a free education, which means it clearly isn't free?

    Then you replied with some off topic politics about how you love socialism.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Because I said they were getting paid with a free education, which means it clearly isn't free?

    Then you replied with some off topic politics about how you love socialism.
    So what's the difference between the free education a college football players receives on a scholarship and the free education I received simply for applying to an university in my country of birth? (Not a socialist country, by the way.)

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,482
    Everyone who doesn't realize what he was saying is the real moron imo

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So what's the difference between the free education a college football players receives on a scholarship and the free education I received simply for applying to an university in my country of birth? (Not a socialist country, by the way.)
    You took classes with people who were also getting a free education while college athletes take classes with people they know had to pay for theirs? You took your classes more serious despite the fact they were free? Other than that.......
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You took classes with people who were also getting a free education while college athletes take classes with people they know had to pay for theirs? You took your classes more serious despite the fact they were free? Other than that.......
    I don't know either; that's why I asked Bullseyed.

    The difference to me is that one form of "free education" is provided because people enjoy college football, while the other form is provided because a society as a whole decided it is worthwhile/cost-effective to grant everyone access to higher education.

    I'm constantly baffled that people, who supposedly want meritocracy, oppose granting everyone equal opportunities.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    There is no such thing as "free college tuition". Enjoy the McJob.
    aaaand you choose to continue to live in ignorance about how much better countries than the US handles it rather than actually reading what I said.

    btw, k-12th grade is socialism, police, fire trucks, ambulances, all forms of socialism, but suddenly it's horrible when we're talking college.

    because kids who grew up in poor households? **** those guys, hope you enjoy working 60 hours a week for the next 5 years and piling up 50k in debt to get your degree.

    we should absolutely in no way put any effort in helping them out so they can actually contribute to society instead of burning out dropping out and being on welfare their whole life.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,482
    Why is this forum some SJW vs non SJWs forum now? Seriously, the title could be QB goes to IR and inside it's talking about Kavanaugh's allegations. So and so passes away, inside it's about Roe vs Wade.

    I mean, I know who's to blame, but jesus it gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Why is this forum some SJW vs non SJWs forum now? Seriously, the title could be QB goes to IR and inside it's talking about Kavanaugh's allegations. So and so passes away, inside it's about Roe vs Wade.

    I mean, I know who's to blame, but jesus it gets old.
    Not just on this forum it's every where in life

    Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I mean, I know who's to blame, but jesus it gets old.
    it's Trump, right?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Why is this forum some SJW vs non SJWs forum now? Seriously, the title could be QB goes to IR and inside it's talking about Kavanaugh's allegations. So and so passes away, inside it's about Roe vs Wade.

    I mean, I know who's to blame, but jesus it gets old.
    Not every political issue is SJW vs non-SJW. Certainly it should be possible to talk about college tuition without throwing that term around.

    If your upset about politics in an NFL thread, then yeah, I can see your point.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,196
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So much wrong with this comment; won't even bother.
    Don't think you'd get anywhere either

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •