Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

McCoy going home?

A lot of talk now, since Ajai is on IR, that McCoy or even Bell might be going to Philly. Pitts asking price may be to high which will leave McCoy ripe for the taking. The Bills would probably love to get rid of all the off the field news involving McCoy. If it happens, it will happen quickly.

Nevermind the off-field issues, hes a 30-year old RB and we have a chance to get back some decent picks for him. Do it!

I hope Bean doesn't get greedy here. Josh Reed from WIVB reports that he heard Philly offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He doesn't know which one, but he has heard from a reliable source that the Bills have countered to wanting both, a 2nd and 3rd.

McDermott and Bean have no choice but to trade him. McCoy being here contradicts every single thing McDermott and Bean tries to feed the fans and you all believe hook line and sink. You cant claim your building a culture, with the Antics of McCoy lingering every single off season. Calling the old coach racists, fighting two cops, now all the assaults on his girlfriend. Then he tells everyone this is a rebuild, yet a huge trading commodity is still on the team. McCoy being here shows that the coaching staff and front office are still just winging it. There is no master plan as everyone so firmly believes.

But trading him will explain all the extra touches we have seen Ivory get. Incase some of you weren't paying attention, Ivory was on the field for half of the teams 1st downs and nearly all the teams 3rd downs. And it wasn't because of McCoy's ribs. Final drive, with the game on the line, It was nearly all Ivory. My buddy joked it was Ivory's addition for another team at the deadline, looks like he may have been half right.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-10-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I hope Bean doesn't get greedy here. Josh Reed from WIVB reports that he heard Philly offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He doesn't know which one, but he has heard from a reliable source that the Bills have countered to wanting both, a 2nd and 3rd.

McDermott and Bean have no choice but to trade him. McCoy being here contradicts every single thing McDermott and Bean tries to feed the fans and you all believe hook line and sink. You cant claim your building a culture, with the Antics of McCoy lingering every single off season. Calling the old coach racists, fighting two cops, now all the assaults on his girlfriend. Then he tells everyone this is a rebuild, yet a huge trading commodity is still on the team. McCoy being here shows that the coaching staff and front office are still just winging it. There is no master plan as everyone so firmly believes.

But trading him will explain all the extra touches we have seen Ivory get. Incase some of you weren't paying attention, Ivory was on the field for half of the teams 1st downs and nearly all the teams 3rd downs. And it wasn't because of McCoy's ribs. Final drive, with the game on the line, It was nearly all Ivory. My buddy joked it was Ivory's addition for another team at the deadline, looks like he may have been half right.
    Everything I'm reading says that the Bills aren't interested in trading McCoy. If this is a negotiating tactic then I hope it doesn't backfire on them. If this is actually the team's position then my faith in their decision making ability just took another major hit.

You're spot on about McCoy not being a good fit for the "culture" they're supposedly trying to cultivate. He's also a 30 year-old RB, which is ancient by today's NFL standards. Ordinarily I'd buy into the idea that he's a safety net for a struggling rookie QB trying to learn the ropes but that argument rings a little hollow when the team surrounded that same QB with arguably the worst O-Line and receiving corps in the entire league.