Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bills vs Titans game day thread

Iím going to be a homer today and say the Bills will win. McCoy, Allen and Benjamin will have a good game. I havenít been overly impressed with the Titans defense, even though they are 3-1.

My only worry today is our Defense. A one legged Aaron Rodgers ran all over us. So McDermott either made no adjustments and allowed that to continually happen, or we donít have the personal on defense to stop a mobile QB. Mariota can run a lot better than Rodgers. If this team canít stop a QB sneak for a third down conversion today, weíre gonna get blown out.

Take this for what itís worth, but Iím hearing the Bills will be signing a new QB this week and if Allen loses today and looks miserable doing so, whoever we sign will be the new QB.

Curious how you'll flip this win into a McDermott bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Curious how you'll flip this win into a McDermott bashing.
    You saying this shows how crazy you are, for thinking this was a well coached game. It was far from that.

Do you actually think we won that game because of McDermottís prowess? Do you actually think he will be here next year or even in two years? The one thing we know for sure is that the Pegulas are not married to their coaches in any sport. Iíll be surprised if he is still here next season. Especially when the Pegulas see that the new QB on this team is once again a Carolina scab. Last year it was Yates from Carolina, now Alexander. McDermott has proven over and over again, he canít identify talent. Donít think for a second the Pegulas are proud that Bean and McDermott drafted Allen. Only homers in Buffalo, who have been dreaming of a QB, are in love with Allen. The overall consensus around the league is that Allen sucks. Just watch any NFL round table, drafting Allen is considered a mistake by the overwhelming majority amongst the so called expert analysts on TV.

But letís talk about todayís game. We needed a last minute FG to win. Mcdermott struggled to put a game plan together, to win a game against a team that kicked four FGs. And thatís after being shut out last week. So good job on working with offense McDermott this week.

Then we have our punter nearly cost us the game by screwing up the hold on our previous FG. Isnít that on McDermott to make sure the holder knows the plays and can distinguish if the team is going to fake a FG or kick it. All that confusion on that play falls on our coach.

Then later on, as we are getting ready to go for it on 4th and 3, once again, another false start. Again, a coach works all week preparing players for game day situations and scenarios at practice. This confusion again falls right on McDermott.

Then we have another game, another wasted first half timeout with a bogus red flag challenge. Wasting time outs and challenges cost us a play last week and as we have seen for two seasons, McDermott is a fool when it comes to challenges. Just because it didnít cost the team this week, doesnít mean he shouldnít get ridiculed for another rediculous challenge.

As I said before, ďtrust the processĒ is just his way of saying ďdonít criticize me now, everything I do is for the greater good.Ē Then by the time the homers realize he is a failure, he will be fired and he will be long home without ever being criticized.

Now he is talking about building a culture a lot at post game conferences. McDermott has said it so much now, that even Sal copacio of WGR is starting to have concerns. Having fans believe that he is looking for ďcultureĒ is McDermotts way to disillusion the fanbase. McDermott is trying to convince people that the only reason we donít have talent is because the only players available are headcases and will hurt the team. As if we are suppose to think this team is better of with Andre Holmes at WR, rather than making a call to the unemployed Dez Bryant. Or calling Cleveland and giving them a better deal for Gordon than what the Pats gave up. Iím not amazed that most people here have fallen hook, line and sink for his speel.

Now McDermott signs QB Alexander. Are you ignoring what McDermott put us through, these past two seasons with Peterman? Nearly costing us the playoffs last year and sacrificing an afc game this year. Now he brings in Alexander and now weíre suppose to forget he put so much faith into the Peterman expirement. McDermott got rid of two NFL winning QBs for Peterman.

I just donít get how you all have so much blind faith in him. Iíve pointed out a million reasons to say good bye to him and you guys canít even think of a couple reasons to keep him. And before you say playoffs, remember, players play and coaches coach. Tyrod and McCoy out played the coaching staff last year. They won despite of all the trades they made before the season started. Despite the benchings. Despite their horrible roster pickup and draft picks and despite their plan to tank last season.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-07-2018 at 10:19 PM.

So he gets no credit for holding the opposing team to 4 field goals, but gets full blame for players making mistakes. Got it. Makes sense /s

Players play, coaches coach right?

I told you all last year and I have said it this year, McDermott has not been impressive at all. I could name a million reasons why he should be fired and you all cant name one play one reason to keep him here. All you guys can say is, "he is a first time coach, give him a chance and experience".

He has failed to bring in talent. His drafts have been well below par. With all the options the past two years at QB we could have had, He picks Allen, who in his senior year, had 3 games of under 100 yards throwing and 3 games between 100-150 yards. Yet those are credentials that McDermott feels is NFL worthy, over Watson who won the national championship or Maholmes, who has a family pedigree of being professional athletes.

And don't blame the teammates for Allen's inefficiencies. If you guys didn't believe me when I said Taylor would have been a lot better with a line or WR's, then you absolutely cant say Allen would be better. McDermott cant use that excuse either. He thought Peterman would be a better QB on two different occasions before realizing he is wrong, and now look at what we are seeing from Allen. McCarron, Tyrod, in his eyes werent worthy of a spot on this team. Allen, Alexander, Peterman may have his culture, but not the NFL talent that is needed to win. McDermott probably looks like the stupidest coach amongst his peers throughout the league.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-09-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So he gets no credit for holding the opposing team to 4 field goals, but gets full blame for players making mistakes. Got it. Makes sense /s
    Did you really watch that game and think to yourself, "wow, thank god for McDermott, that is why we won that game"? Can you tell me any game last year on our playoff run, that you thought "wow, thank god for McDermott's coaching prowess". You tell me which games those were and then I will tell you about the 6 games we lost solely because of him.

Based on talent, this team has no business being 2-3.