Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Tank watch

2019 Tank watch

The lottery rules have flattened a little and now 4 teams are selected instead of 3, and so many teams tanked last year and fewer bad teams have traded lottery protected first round picks this year so there should be far fewer teams tanking this year than last.

Conditional tanks:
    Cavs, 1-10 protected pick to the Hawks. They guaranteed to Love that they were not going to tank, but I suspect if everything goes wrong Love will understand, so there is a small chance they go into a tank late

Mavs, 1-5 protected pick to the Hawks. Things would have to go VERY bad for the Mavs to try to tank again.

Nugs: 1-12 protected pick to the Nets. Only in a disaster.

Griz: 1-12 protected pick to the Celts. The 2nd most likely team to tank on conditions.

Kings: 1st overall protected pick to the Celtics. They are so bad they could try hard for that pick but they are the Kings so ...

Raps: 1-20 protected pick to the Spurs. If things go moderately wrong they could drop a few games to keep the pick, but I doubt it.

Coming soon, teams with a straight tanking plan.

I hope my bulls are on this train

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Teams that may tank without the pick protection incentive:

1st tier:
    Hawks: not a good team, a young team, not much reason not to tank.
    Nets: in need of talent.

2nd tier:
    Bulls: Young with some talent, but not ready to win, could use some more top talent, but may be unwilling to go full tank.
    Suns: Talent and some veteran depth, but not ready to challenge for a playoff spot yet.

3rd tier:
    Magic: When are they not considering tanking?
    Hornets: Sounding more and more like they want to reboot.

2019 Tank watch

I was hoping the Knicks would follow the Sixers plan and keep KP out for the year plus sit Knox til his sophomore season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-06-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The lottery rules have flattened a little and now 4 teams are selected instead of 3, and so many teams tanked last year and fewer bad teams have traded lottery protected first round picks this year so there should be far fewer teams tanking this year than last.

Conditional tanks:
    Cavs, 1-10 protected pick to the Hawks. They guaranteed to Love that they were not going to tank, but I suspect if everything goes wrong Love will understand, so there is a small chance they go into a tank late

Mavs, 1-5 protected pick to the Hawks. Things would have to go VERY bad for the Mavs to try to tank again.

Nugs: 1-12 protected pick to the Nets. Only in a disaster.

Griz: 1-12 protected pick to the Celts. The 2nd most likely team to tank on conditions.

Kings: 1st overall protected pick to the Celtics. They are so bad they could try hard for that pick but they are the Kings so ...

Raps: 1-20 protected pick to the Spurs. If things go moderately wrong they could drop a few games to keep the pick, but I doubt it.

Coming soon, teams with a straight tanking plan.
    Kings do not have a pick next season even if it's #1.

Fire Luke Walton

Hypothetically, if they banned pick protections, does anyone think that would reduce the amount of tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Kings do not have a pick next season even if it's #1.
    Did I miss read that? I thought they got it if it was #1. Or does it go to Philly then?

Jeez the Kings are terrible. Sorry Kings fans.

Tank watch? I just watched Khabib run through Conor like a tank

Did I miss read that? I thought they got it if it was #1. Or does it go to Philly then?

Your sympathy is much appreciated.

Fire Luke Walton

They should just resign mike bibby

Yea the correction here is that the Kings pick is owned by the Sixers. It is owed to the Celtics, unless it's #1. If it's #1 then the Sixers pick goes to the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea the correction here is that the Kings pick is owned by the Sixers. It is owed to the Celtics, unless it's #1. If it's #1 then the Sixers pick goes to the Celtics.
    LOL, okay.

Id like to see MN tank hard for Zion

Lakers should tank..

The new rules are dumb. Sure, now teams don't have to tank to be the absolute worse team for the best odds, but now they can be 3rd worse (which is easier to get to). Teams will now be "soft tanking" to be the #3rd worse team because there is no incentive to tank further than that as there is no odds improvement being 2nd to last or last place.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast