Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Coach Budenholzer

Early returns for Brook Lopez‘s fit with the Bucks have been promising, as Jim Hoehn points out for The Associated Press. Lopez will provide a vast majority of his value on the perimeter as a floor-spacer to draw defenders away from the paint as Giannis Antetokounmpo looks to attack the rim. With the Bucks also adding Ersan Ilyasova and coach Mike Budenholzer, they are also looking to modernize their offense and become a true contender in the conference.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/...unn-casey.html

During the last preseason game against the Wolves, we saw many different tactics alternatives thay coach Bud tested, all with much success...

We saw Giannis getting minutes at 3 with Wood at 4 and Lopez at 5... We saw Giannis and Wood together on the floor with no other big present, we saw Middleton playing SG after a long time, we saw Brogdon getting even more minutes at playing PG... All of those worked... all proved to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Exactly right! We have a roster with Middleton playing SG there, Giannis at 3, Ilyasova at 4 and Henson at 5... The coach also tested the same but with Wood instead of Ilyasova and Lopez instead of Henson (Giannis at 3 in both cases)... That's why I'm insisting that there should be another (real) forward that can play SF in the roster...

If we would have signed Beasley instead of Ilyasova for instance (or if we would have kept Jabari), we could then have Beasley/Giannis/ Lopez, or Giannis/Wood/Lopez, or Beasley/Wood/Henson, or Beasley/Giannis/Wood, or Giannis/Wood/Lopez and play a "2guards +2 forwards" tactics on the floor for as long as it is required... Now we can only play this if we use Giannis at 3 and we have to play "3 guards on the floor" in all times that Giannis is benched and takes breaths...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Exactly right! We have a roster with Middleton playing SG there, Giannis at 3, Ilyasova at 4 and Henson at 5... The coach also tested the same but with Wood instead of Ilyasova and Lopez instead of Henson (Giannis at 3 in both cases)... That's why I'm insisting that there should be another (real) forward that can play SF in the roster...

If we would have signed Beasley instead of Ilyasova for instance (or if we would have kept Jabari), we could then have Beasley/Giannis/ Lopez, or Giannis/Wood/Lopez, or Beasley/Wood/Henson, or Beasley/Giannis/Wood, or Giannis/Wood/Lopez and play a "2guards +2 forwards" tactics on the floor for as long as it is required... Now we can only play this if we use Giannis at 3 and we have to play "3 guards on the floor" in all times that Giannis is benched and takes breaths...
    EDIT: IMO, (and I know I'm right on this) Ilyasova is not needed in the roster anymore after Wood merged... having a forward that can play SF instead (Mirotic?, Morris?) would contribute much more in the roster... even Deng would be more valuable... Perfect would be if we could have Butler and play him at SF....
    Last edited by buckalis; 10-14-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Parker back? You noticed he gained weight and seems to have mailed in his career right? $20M per is also a no no. We dodged a bullet there.

I haven't heard Bud talk about Maker much. Curious if he's in the plans yet. I know he can hit the three. But if he's not hitting the three he's a lousy rebounder. Henson should be on the hot seat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Parker back? You noticed he gained weight and seems to have mailed in his career right? $20M per is also a no no. We dodged a bullet there.
    I'm talking about a forward that can play SF and PF, which we had on Parker... Forget about the names... it's all tactics I'm talking here, names are used only as an example... I certainly don't suggest a SF/PF that would cost ...20M coming from bench!

But... if we can land Butler, the benefit will be much more than none may think with the roster we have... because Butler has the advantage that can play as a real forward and a real guard depending on what the roster requires...

Coach Bud interview before the game, explains it all!

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/team...181012-2292763

Under the circumstances & the time pressure as to clear a roster spot by today, T.J Warren in a deal with the Suns, for M. Dellavedova + D.J. Wilson + a 2nd seems like a logical move because:

1. The Suns are looking to add a veteran PG (although Delly might not have been their first choice) and they have added Ariza and Bridges in their roster, both of which push Warren's presence deep in their roster.

2. The Bucks do solve the need for a true forward that can play SF, but Warren lucks the long shot ability that coach Bud requires from players... There will therefore be special effort and coaching needed as to assist Warren's game to expand and improve his long shot.

EDIT: Never the less, both Delly & D.J Wilson seem not to be in the Bucks roster plans, while Warren would be a valuable roster addition looking from the tactics respect POV to our roster...
    Last edited by buckalis; 10-15-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast