Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    That's not the point that you told me a few weeks ago. You didn't tell me anything. As I said anyone could jump on that bandwagon at that point. 'Hey the Brewers can win the division'. Well yeah they're like 1 game out of first place. My point is you said this when they got hot in September not way back earlier or even in August in the season. This is not hard to understand.

And of course I thought we had the division in the bag. Based off of what I said has happened previously why wouldn't I. I'm confident in my team. I would say it again if the same situation came up next year.
    Nope not hard to understand at all. You thought we had the division in the bag. You were quite obviously wrong about that, and I tried to warn you at the time not to assume anything.

Interesting that you're anticipating making the same mistake again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Nope not hard to understand at all. You thought we had the division in the bag. You were quite obviously wrong about that, and I tried to warn you at the time not to assume anything.

Interesting that you're anticipating making the same mistake again next year.
    A lot of people thought we had the division in the bag. This is not news man. You keep driving this point home like you had it all figured it out and no one else did. You didn't you stated the obvious when there was a chance it could happen. Seems like it is hard for you to understand.

I'm always willing make the same mistake again when I believe in my team.
    Last edited by bootsy; 10-10-2018 at 01:46 PM.

A lot of people thought we had the division in the bag. This is not news man. You keep driving this point home like you had it all figured it out and no one else did. You didn't you stated the obvious when there was a chance it could happen. Seems like it is hard for you to understand.

I'm always willing make the same mistake again when I believe in my team.
    I don't have it all figured out, but I did figure out that when you were declaring the division locked up, there was something like a 1-in-4 chance that you'd end up looking really foolish. And here we are.

I don't have it all figured out, but I did figure out that when you were declaring the division locked up, there was something like a 1-in-4 chance that you'd end up looking really foolish. And here we are.
    You figured it out? LOL. Yeah you figured out it when it was convenient. That's not figuring out. That's taking a stab at something just like I did in saying we would win the division. There is nothing foolish about that at all. That's called a bold prediction. Sometimes you get them right and sometimes you don't. I'm almost positive you've made a bold prediction that you got wrong, so I'm sure in your mind you looked 'really foolish'. Like I said and will continue to say I will make that same prediction again if the Cubs are in the same exact position again next year, so get over it.
    Now I'm done going back and forth saying the same thing over to you about this topic of you bragging about the Brewers catching the Cubs when it was down to a 1 game lead like you are some genius. You aren't close to that. If you want to continue then you will be doing it on your own. I suggest you move on.
    Last edited by bootsy; 10-11-2018 at 10:10 AM.

You figured it out? LOL. Yeah you figured out it when it was convenient. That's not figuring out. That's taking a stab at something just like I did in saying we would win the division. There is nothing foolish about that at all. That's called a bold prediction. Sometimes you get them right and sometimes you don't. I'm almost positive you've made a bold prediction that you got wrong, so I'm sure in your mind you looked 'really foolish'. Like I said and will continue to say I will make that same prediction again if the Cubs are in the same exact position again next year, so get over it.
    Now I'm done going back and forth saying the same thing over to you about this topic of you bragging about the Brewers catching the Cubs when it was down to a 1 game lead like you are some genius. You aren't close to that. If you want to continue then you will be doing it on your own. I suggest you move on.
    I replied to your comments about the division being in the bag at the time you made them.

If you were saying that when the lead was down to 1 game, then you're even more foolish than I realized.

I replied to your comments about the division being in the bag at the time you made them.

If you were saying that when the lead was down to 1 game, then you're even more foolish than I realized.
    Here's a couple of instances where according to you making a statement that turned out to be wrong makes you look 'even more foolish' and I'm sure there are many more.

13 games left (7 Cubs, 6 Brewers); Cubs need 5 of the 13 to go their way to clinch the division.
    Let's beat down Wainwright tomorrow. it gets tougher after that with Mikolas and Flaherty.

I'm not going to feel good about it if the Cubs need a win on Sunday with Monty going.
    My goodness man you are going on and on about some bold prediction that most Cub fans and most non-Cub fans made and that is they felt the Cubs would still win the division even though the Brewers were closing in. This is not foolish this is a prediction. You get some right and you get some wrong just like you did in the two posts above. If you are going to have some sort of obsession because I specifically made it you have some serious problems. Goodness MOVE ON.

Here's a couple of instances where according to you making a statement that turned out to be wrong makes you look 'even more foolish' and I'm sure there are many more.

My goodness man you are going on and on about some bold prediction that most Cub fans and most non-Cub fans made and that is they felt the Cubs would still win the division even though the Brewers were closing in. This is not foolish this is a prediction. You get some right and you get some wrong just like you did in the two posts above. If you are going to have some sort of obsession because I specifically made it you have some serious problems. Goodness MOVE ON.
    I made a total of zero predictions in those posts.

You made two and were wrong both times. you see how that works. You make a bold claim, turns out not to be true or go the way you thought. That's called a prediction. That makes you looks 'foolish'. I'm done man. You are ridiculous.
    Last edited by bootsy; 10-11-2018 at 12:39 PM.

You made two and were wrong both times. you see how that works. You make a bold claim, turns out not to be true or go the way you thought. That's called a prediction. That makes you looks 'foolish'. I'm done man. You are ridiculous.
    What were the two predictions in those posts you quoted?

Have not watched the playoffs at all but hoping for a Red Sox - Dodgers WS and a Red Sox victory in the WS.

11. 10-12-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Have not watched the playoffs at all but hoping for a Red Sox - Dodgers WS and a Red Sox victory in the WS.
    Same here. I didnít watch any of the LDS, I guess I was preoccupied with something else. I will probably watch the rest of the way though, stress-free of course. I want either a humiliating brewers World Series defeat or a Kershaw defeat in the World Series. Either would do me just fine. It is not even that I dislike Kershaw (whatís to dislike?), I just dislike the notion that he ďdeservesĒ a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    He has the literacy and reading comprehension of a desk lamp.
    At least you didnít say that he is as bright as a desk lamp.

14. 10-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Why don't you go look up the definition of a prediction. Those are predictions. You made a claim that the Cubs need to have 5 of 13 go their way, that's a prediction. That didn't happen, that's a wrong prediction. I know you are in denial of that because your so obsessed about me saying the Cubs will win that your clouded view won't allow you to think yes you can be wrong too.

Why don't you go look up the definition of a prediction. Those are predictions. You made a claim that the Cubs need to have 5 of 13 go their way, that's a prediction. That didn't happen, that's a wrong prediction. I know you are in denial of that because your so obsessed about me saying the Cubs will win that your clouded view won't allow you to think yes you can be wrong too.
    Thatís not a prediction. The Cubs did need to have 5 of 13 go their way. He didnít say (in that quote anyway) that they would get it, just that they needed that in order to win the division. They needed 5 out of 13 outcomes, but they only got 4 out of 13.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Thatís not a prediction. The Cubs did need to have 5 of 13 go their way. He didnít say (in that quote anyway) that they would get it, just that they needed that in order to win the division. They needed 5 out of 13 outcomes, but they only got 4 out of 13.
    My goodness it is a prediction. Saying they need to do something in that instance in order to win the division is stating it as fact.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast