Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Have we hit a ball hard yet? I think 2 balls have left the infield.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

**** it steal Inciarte. We need to manufacture a run somehow.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

2 lucky hits back to back. Neither was hit very hard. Desperately need to get a run here.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

And a poor attempt by Suzuki to end the mini rally. Great. Not a fun game to watch at all, we are really being dominated

Just inept offensively tonight against Ryu. I also wish we would have batted Inciarte second instead of Camargo. Then Camargo fifth instead of Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Stream it on reddit
    yeah there are those options, it just pisses me off that this is Post Season baseball and I have to stream it.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    yeah there are those options, it just pisses me off that this is Post Season baseball and I have to stream it.
    Yeah it is annoying.

Well at least our bullpen has looked good tonight.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Well, I have to admit, I turned the tv off after the 6th, I knew we wouldn't come back and it wasn't even a fun game. Some head-scratching moves in the game, Snitker let Folty hit and then took him out in the bottom of the inning, mmm this is a playoffs series, you have 27 outs and you are down 4 runs already and you simply gave an out away? Damn, that's a regular season move.

Acuņa got on base to leadoff an inning and was thrown out on a double play on a strikeout by Camargo, down 4 runs is not a good move, Snitker already said he missed a sign, that can't happen in playoff game.

Braves are young and inexperienced, nobody expects to win this series agaisnt probably the best team in the National League but I expect an entertaining game and at least put up a fight. Didn't see that last night, I'm going to a sportsbar to see the game tonight at least I have some drinks if the game is boring again. Lol

I was fine with letting Folty hit, it was the 2nd inning and no one was on base. We have 5 on the bench and gotta keep one for a catcher. Only leaves 4 pinch hitters, gotta wait till you have guys on like he did later with two on and pulled Newk who was pitching well.

We are playing with house money but I had hopped we would at least make it competitive. I knew the night would not go well when 2 out of 3 of the MLBN guys picked us to win. Got to win tonight if we want any chance of winning this series.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well at least our bullpen has looked good tonight.
    Oh yes, Newcomb and Fried looked really nice, maybe we should forget about using startes deep in games and now that Folty pitched just two innings try a pitching committee? Heck, use Sanchez, Teheran and Touki to get through 7 innings tonight, and Gausman, Folty and Newcomb on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I was fine with letting Folty hit, it was the 2nd inning and no one was on base. We have 5 on the bench and gotta keep one for a catcher. Only leaves 4 pinch hitters, gotta wait till you have guys on like he did later with two on and pulled Newk who was pitching well.

We are playing with house money but I had hopped we would at least make it competitive. I knew the night would not go well when 2 out of 3 of the MLBN guys picked us to win. Got to win tonight if we want any chance of winning this series.
    I can't say I agree with this, in the end we kept Duda, Flaherty and Rivera on the bench, you can't give an out away like that, you need to try to get on base everytime you can worry later about a pinch hitter you need, you can do a double switch later in the game to move the pitching spot, there are other ways, heck, you might not need any more pinch hitters, which is what happened.

They didn't get used because we didn't hit, not like we sent up a pitcher after that. Didn't even make it though the order 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    They didn't get used because we didn't hit, not like we sent up a pitcher after that. Didn't even make it though the order 4 times.
    Exactly, that's my point, what if Duda/Flaherty takes Folty spot and start a rally? We still have more pieces on the bench for later in the game, you can't give an out away in the postseason.

Let's talk about some strategy, after game one the Braves now know what they're into, I don't think we can win this series if we play like the Dodgers, we need to create a way to win. We have a plethora of good starters, but none of them are great (maybe Folty when he's on, but we all saw what happened last night), so I don't trust any of them to go three times through this LAD offense. Everybody see how teams are experimenting with who starts a game, "bullpening" etc. We need to come up with a strategy while still early in the series.

We have:

Folty
    Sanchez
    Gausman
    Newcomb
    Teheran
    Fried
    Touki

That's 7 pitchers capable of throwing multiple innings, why not used them for two innings at a time? it actually worked last night (besides Folty obviously) use 3-4 of them every game for two innings and save the 7-8-9 for Minter/Viz/Venter/Sobotka, I think it will keep the Dodgers hitters off balance and our arms fresh. In the end, if we go the next games with a gameplan of hoping that our starter go 6-7 and pitch well, in the end we're going to be disappointed, it might work in a game, but not a full series against this team.

Or I'm I overreacting a bit? Lol
    Last edited by beldugo; 10-05-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast