Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Also have no idea why Snitker went with Brach over Teheran earlier. It's confusing to me
    Julio will be with the Braves next year and probably be a 15-game winner since it's his "contract year" (yay us). Brach is okay, but isn't the garbage I would've expected in the spot that Teheran would've inherited.

We can get all uptight about the moves and who Snitker added to the roster, but the two facts remain: (1) we are all armchair coaches and (2) he knows their situations better than us. Let it be... LA was overpowering with way more postseason experience and we will be just that in 2-3 years. Tonight was also proof that we should've given it all for Machado (and let Camargo be our ultimate utility guy).

I might be alone here but I thought Snit managed this series pretty well. Most of the moves he made pitching wise worked out. He tried to shake up the lineup 3 times moving Albies and Inciarte into the 2 hole. We had chances to win the game tonight but we just didn't execute. Bases loaded early with 1 out and we don't score. 8th inning we had another chance to score and Duda just misses a home run. Plus the Dodgers are rolling out Freese, Dozier, Puig, and Taylor off the bench while the Braves were stuck using Flaherty as a pinch hitter. We did our best to compete with them but they just had too much fire power. I'm proud of how these guys competed. After how terrible the first 2 games were I was excited to see how they came back and fought. Game 3 was really exciting and tonight we fought but just didn't have enough to compete. We'll be back. Huge offseason is ahead of this time. In a few months this team could look a lot more dangerous.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I might be alone here but I thought Snit managed this series pretty well. Most of the moves he made pitching wise worked out. He tried to shake up the lineup 3 times moving Albies and Inciarte into the 2 hole. We had chances to win the game tonight but we just didn't execute. Bases loaded early with 1 out and we don't score. 8th inning we had another chance to score and Duda just misses a home run. Plus the Dodgers are rolling out Freese, Dozier, Puig, and Taylor off the bench while the Braves were stuck using Flaherty as a pinch hitter. We did our best to compete with them but they just had too much fire power. I'm proud of how these guys competed. After how terrible the first 2 games were I was excited to see how they came back and fought. Game 3 was really exciting and tonight we fought but just didn't have enough to compete. We'll be back. Huge offseason is ahead of this time. In a few months this team could look a lot more dangerous.
    I agree, I like how he managed the first three games, yesterday not so much, he went with Venters for more than 1 inning, which was a bit surprising, not using Teheran after Brach was a mistake, the game was right there, just a one run game and he went with Sobotka instead of trying to get two innings out of Teheran.

I have to wonder how much that's a shot to Snitker or the front office. Snitker is an old school manager so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't use a veteran with postseason experience unless the front office advise him to not use him in a close game, that's pure speculation from my part but sabermetrics play a big part of the game and it might be the biggest reason for not using Teheran.

In the end Teheran went with a big **** you and went 1.2 scoreless innings, this should be the last we see from Julio as a Brave so it was nice to see him pitch well.

Can't really be angry with this lost, is was a really fun and unexpected season.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I agree, I like how he managed the first three games, yesterday not so much, he went with Venters for more than 1 inning, which was a bit surprising, not using Teheran after Brach was a mistake, the game was right there, just a one run game and he went with Sobotka instead of trying to get two innings out of Teheran.

I have to wonder how much that's a shot to Snitker or the front office. Snitker is an old school manager so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't use a veteran with postseason experience unless the front office advise him to not use him in a close game, that's pure speculation from my part but sabermetrics play a big part of the game and it might be the biggest reason for not using Teheran.

In the end Teheran went with a big **** you and went 1.2 scoreless innings, this should be the last we see from Julio as a Brave so it was nice to see him pitch well.

Can't really be angry with this lost, is was a really fun and unexpected season.
    I think the only reason Snit didn't go with Julio is trust. He's never pitched out of the bullpen, has struggled at home, and has bad numbers in his career against the Dodgers. Julio did look good when he came in, though.

I agree that this should be the last we see of him. We could use the extra cash and we need to free up a spot for a pitcher like Touki or Fried to have a spot in the rotation next year.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I think the only reason Snit didn't go with Julio is trust. He's never pitched out of the bullpen, has struggled at home, and has bad numbers in his career against the Dodgers. Julio did look good when he came in, though.

I agree that this should be the last we see of him. We could use the extra cash and we need to free up a spot for a pitcher like Touki or Fried to have a spot in the rotation next year.
    Another crucial part about yesterday's game was when Culberson came to the plate with two runners in scoring position and popped out to third, if he comes through Folty wouldn't come out of the game. Man so many things could have been different if that happens.

Another crucial part about yesterday's game was when Culberson came to the plate with two runners in scoring position and popped out to third, if he comes through Folty wouldn't come out of the game. Man so many things could have been different if that happens.
    Yup we definitely had our chances. 2 on in the 1st inning, 2 on in the 3rd inning, bases loaded in the 5th, and then 2 on in the 8th. We could have gone up early and put pressure on the Dodgers.

Filling out our lineup should be a priority this winter. Adding Realmuto can make a huge difference. Albies and Camargo will also need to make some adjustments if they want to take a step forward.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Yup we definitely had our chances. 2 on in the 1st inning, 2 on in the 3rd inning, bases loaded in the 5th, and then 2 on in the 8th. We could have gone up early and put pressure on the Dodgers.

Filling out our lineup should be a priority this winter. Adding Realmuto can make a huge difference. Albies and Camargo will also need to make some adjustments if they want to take a step forward.
    Agree, the lineup really looked weak in comparison to the Dodgers. Earlier today the guys from mlbtraderumors wrote an article about catchers who are free agent or trade candidates, some interesting names out there, Wilson Ramos, Francisco Cervelli, Salvador Perez, Yasmani Grandal and Realmuto.

The only player of that list who excel at both offense and defense is Realmuto so he obviously cost a lot, Ramos is a FA and won't command a big contract, he's a big bat but has some injuries concern and is not exactly young, he might be interesting in a 2 year deal and having Flowers already under contract is huge if we need to give Ramos some time off. Ramos is also a bit above average controlling the running game, which was a huge problem this season.

Agree, the lineup really looked weak in comparison to the Dodgers. Earlier today the guys from mlbtraderumors wrote an article about catchers who are free agent or trade candidates, some interesting names out there, Wilson Ramos, Francisco Cervelli, Salvador Perez, Yasmani Grandal and Realmuto.

The only player of that list who excel at both offense and defense is Realmuto so he obviously cost a lot, Ramos is a FA and won't command a big contract, he's a big bat but has some injuries concern and is not exactly young, he might be interesting in a 2 year deal and having Flowers already under contract is huge if we need to give Ramos some time off. Ramos is also a bit above average controlling the running game, which was a huge problem this season.
    Salvador Perez is intriguing. I could be wrong but hes a plus defender, right? His OBP stinks but hes hit 20+ homers 4 straight years. Hes signed for 3 more years too.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Salvador Perez is intriguing. I could be wrong but hes a plus defender, right? His OBP stinks but hes hit 20+ homers 4 straight years. Hes signed for 3 more years too.
    OBP stinks isn't the correct term, he has walked 17 times total in each of the past two seasons with a career high 22 walks in 2016.

He is a 4x Gold Glover at C though. His past three seasons in terms of catching stolen base runners was 48%, 27% and 48%.

He was the 2nd, 19th and 1st in the last three seasons via fangraphs defensive rankings.

He is owed 39.6M over the next three seasons. Defensive stats wise Martin Maldonado is just as good just a worse bat.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789