Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season GDT

Well at least, in theory anyway this is Ken Holland we are talking about, with Jimmy sucking recently he will be a cheaper re-sign (they will be bringing him back).

Completely agree, he's the captain of the future and will be on the 1st line for the foreseeable future. However, I would rather see him on the ice more and take fewer penalties. It's great to see him be scrappy and play with that type of energy but there other other players who should be doing that. More time on the ice, more opportunities.

Just my opinion, could be wrong.

I know it was an embarrassing loss to the Canadians but I was glad we finally got to see the young guys up and playing some minutes. This game was more lost to communication and confidence than anything else, IMO. The young guys and everyone really, were playing with different guys. The communication between them all was horrible but can you blame them? AA was centering a line with two guys he has never played with to my knowledge. Bert threw some nice passes to no one because AA and Zadina aren't use to him and he was use to throwing passes where he knew Larkin and Gus would be. Speaking of AA, it looked like someone told him "your at center now so look for the passes" as he passed up some goal shots with passes instead. Hope that's not the case because he should just play his game and let it come natural. I don't think Blash is good for him at all. Seems to confuse him or not play his game. All the lines had their moments you could tell they weren't on the same page. Defensively, it was a mess again but at least Bowey (who actually didn't look bad at all to me) had an excuse as he practiced with Daley and then he was scratched to add Ericsson. That doesn't help anyone.

Overall, I think this game should be thrown out and not to worry to much about it due to the amount of overall changes. Let them all practice and get use to their line mates and see how it goes from here. I keep hearing everyone say they like how Blash has improved the young guys but I can't agree at all. I think the guy has lost this team. He seems to get one period a game out of them and then they go through the motions. They need someone else and I am so afraid Holland is going to sign him for too much and too long. Stevie can't get here soon enough in my opinion. The young talent needs the right guy leading them and Blashill isn't that guy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I know it was an embarrassing loss to the Canadians but I was glad we finally got to see the young guys up and playing some minutes. This game was more lost to communication and confidence than anything else, IMO. The young guys and everyone really, were playing with different guys. The communication between them all was horrible but can you blame them? AA was centering a line with two guys he has never played with to my knowledge. Bert threw some nice passes to no one because AA and Zadina aren't use to him and he was use to throwing passes where he knew Larkin and Gus would be. Speaking of AA, it looked like someone told him "your at center now so look for the passes" as he passed up some goal shots with passes instead. Hope that's not the case because he should just play his game and let it come natural. I don't think Blash is good for him at all. Seems to confuse him or not play his game. All the lines had their moments you could tell they weren't on the same page. Defensively, it was a mess again but at least Bowey (who actually didn't look bad at all to me) had an excuse as he practiced with Daley and then he was scratched to add Ericsson. That doesn't help anyone.

Overall, I think this game should be thrown out and not to worry to much about it due to the amount of overall changes. Let them all practice and get use to their line mates and see how it goes from here. I keep hearing everyone say they like how Blash has improved the young guys but I can't agree at all. I think the guy has lost this team. He seems to get one period a game out of them and then they go through the motions. They need someone else and I am so afraid Holland is going to sign him for too much and too long. Stevie can't get here soon enough in my opinion. The young talent needs the right guy leading them and Blashill isn't that guy, IMO.
    Where are you hearing that?

Every article with a Holland quote about him extending him and even posts on this site and others. I don't see it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Every article with a Holland quote about him extending him and even posts on this site and others. I don't see it at all.
    Ahh I was thinking you meant people on PSD

Larkin scored again last night. That's neat and pretty much all I want from here going forward. We need some work to catch up to the Senators for the lead in the #loseforhughes race.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Larkin scored again last night. That's neat and pretty much all I want from here going forward. We need some work to catch up to the Senators for the lead in the #loseforhughes race.
    and OTT lost last night so all around a good night!

This team is really sad without Larkin (2 Panthers goals vs. 3 Wings shots total through one period). Which is good, now we really have a chance to overtake Ottawa for the #1 (potentially anyway) pick.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This team is really sad without Larkin (2 Panthers goals vs. 3 Wings shots total through one period). Which is good, now we really have a chance to overtake Ottawa for the #1 (potentially anyway) pick.
    I keep simming the lottery and almost every time we drop to 5th

Holy **** Abdelkader scored a goal. Also, god damn it Tampa this should be an easy win for you.

Trailed 3-0 and Tampa still found a way to win 5-4. Excellent loss boys, let's keep the tank going!

so I just complained about the Pistons losing in the other subforum so it's only fitting I complain about the Wings winning in this subforum lol

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789