Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Not a particularly strong finish to the 2nd, but 5-1 lead nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Flyers are a better team than Vegas. Why I wasn't really all that worried.
    VGK is a damn good team...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    VGK is a damn good team...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    They aren't as strong as last year and they had several players have career years. That defense core is pretty bad. Especially with Schmidt being suspended.

That's right AMac. Get Elliott killed and take a penalty in the process.

Do the kids have to earn it or can AMac actually ever lose it? What does he have to do to lose it?

Well, that was ugly. Bad turnover from Ghost. Bad poke attempt from Vorobyev.

Best Hagg has ever looked as a Flyer. And not just because he scored. More games like that from Hagg where he's solid all around would be a huge boost.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Best Hagg has ever looked as a Flyer. And not just because he scored. More games like that from Hagg where he's solid all around would be a huge boost.
    If Hagg can hit his ceiling and actually become the Coburn the Flyers had, with a little more aggression (physically/offensively) it would be absolutely amazing.

Season opener personal notes (via eye test)

- Got dominated for 10 minutes, Elliott kept the team in the game. Great game for him coming off a serious surgery.

- provy with one of his worst performances through 40 mins

- Gudas played the good Gudas game

- couts and Simmonds are clearly not 100% yet. Still, passable games by both. And simmer potted two.

- Oscar looks like he belongs, still.

- Patrick flashed some speed. Real speed. Nice to be a full year from the hernias, and a full summer of training in. Breakout year incoming. Also flashed some grit.

- God TK can skate.

- vorobyev looked like he belonged. Needs to work on forchecking NHL dmen as an F2/3

- 4th line was good. Yes. All of them.

- did lehtera do more blow before the game? He didnt look like the same guy skating in quick sand.

- G continues to show why he's the best PP QB in the league.

- 2-0 in Vegas. Wonder if anyone else can say they've won two regular season games there.

That's all folks.

1-0-0.
    Last edited by txravis12; 10-05-2018 at 01:28 AM.

My game analysis - get AMac off the team this instant and get Myers here for Christís sake ... he looks like comic relief out there

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    My game analysis - get AMac off the team this instant and get Myers here for Christís sake ... he looks like comic relief out there
    myers wouldn't look as good but id rather see a rookie make those mistakes than a "vet". My god he is terrible. He gets worse with every shift lol. One of my friends who doesnt even watch hockey was cringing every time he was out there lol

Great start to the season. I think this team is going to be really good. Hopefully Myers makes strides really quick and Amac is a healthy scratch. And hopefully Lehtera gets busted for selling coke. Weal, NAK, Vecchione anybody else gives us 4 of the deepest lines in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    myers wouldn't look as good but id rather see a rookie make those mistakes than a "vet". My god he is terrible. He gets worse with every shift lol. One of my friends who doesnt even watch hockey was cringing every time he was out there lol
    My thoughts exactly. And I think Myers would look pretty damn good out there. At least no one would be on our front porch/6í5Ē 220 that skates like the wind and a righty. Also, he can ice skate. Amac sucks at ice skating.

Lehtera looked good last night. Laughton still played. And, sorry tx ... I donít care if weal plays or not. He is not marginal but if he isnít going to get 3rd line minutes, which he isnít, then he is not of great use given his non-defensive prowess.

This lineup impressed me last night. Particular JVR and Voro

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Lehtera looked good last night. Laughton still played. And, sorry tx ... I donít care if weal plays or not. He is not marginal but if he isnít going to get 3rd line minutes, which he isnít, then he is not of great use given his non-defensive prowess.

This lineup impressed me last night. Particular JVR and Voro
    ya honestly if lehtera plays a solid 10 minutes id rather have him than weal. As long as lehtera is flanked by two speedy and responsible wingers the 4th line should be fine.

Liked sanheim's game yesterday as well.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast