Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1440
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    No, not for the Mets.
    He is no longer a Mets Minor League Prospect which is what this thread is for. Would fit better with the “Around Baseball” Thread.

Why has Matt Blackham not been given a chance? Seriously. Go take a look at his minor league stats : his IP to Hits and Strikeouts to Walks. They are tremendous, yet he gets no consideration. He's kind of like a pitching prospects version of Jeff McNeil.

Maybe he doesn't have the 98 mph fastball, but all he does is get people out and yet we keep giving looks to Gagnon, Flexen, Oswalt, Rhame, Sewald & Zamora. I don't get it. They should have given him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by matlack72 View Post
    Why has Matt Blackham not been given a chance? Seriously. Go take a look at his minor league stats : his IP to Hits and Strikeouts to Walks. They are tremendous, yet he gets no consideration. He's kind of like a pitching prospects version of Jeff McNeil.

Maybe he doesn't have the 98 mph fastball, but all he does is get people out and yet we keep giving looks to Gagnon, Flexen, Oswalt, Rhame, Sewald & Zamora. I don't get it. They should have given him a chance.
    He's not on the 40-man roster.
    He's not a lefty.
    He has command issues. BB/K is not good.
    Other mediocre pitchers are still ahead of him on the depth chart.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He's not on the 40-man roster.
    He's not a lefty.
    He has command issues. BB/K is not good.
    Other mediocre pitchers are still ahead of him on the depth chart.
    Hi Dugmet. I agree his command needs to get better, but you better check the total 2019 BB/K rate again. I'll take 70k's to 28 Walks in 55 innings. Not bad at all!

IP - 55, BB - 28, SO - 70

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets DFA'd handhold for Donnie Hart

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

http://metsminors.net/david-peterson...s-of-the-year/

How in the world can Peterson and Vientos be named as the Met's prospects of the year by anyone.

Oh that's right there is literally no one else in the system to pick. I guess I can live with Vientos but Peterson was atrocious this year as a 24 year old in AA.

If I had to pick I'd go with Alvarez and Szapucki despite the small number of IP.

It's shocking how little talent their was this year in full season ball.
    Last edited by Northeastfshman; 09-20-2019 at 12:31 PM.

AFL through 2 games

Mazeika, C: 3-5, 2B
    Gimenez, SS: 1-3, 2B
    Sanchez, C: 0-1

Pitchers
    Gilliam: 2 IP 0 ER
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

2019 NY Mets Minor League and Prospect Thread

AFL

David Peterson

3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.

LHP David Peterson sharp in his first inning of ⁦MLB az Fall League

Mets really need Peterson to have a strong next season and make it to the majors and be solid.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

Mets Minors 2019 awards

3B Mark Vientos - Hitter of the Year
    LHP Kevin Smith - Pitcher Of Year
    SS Andres Gimenez - Best Defender
    UT Sam Haggerty - Best Baserunner
    OF Freddy Valdez - DSL Hitter of Year
    RHP Ronny Rincones - DSL Pitcher Of Year

David Davalillo - Coach Of Year

Didn't see you posted that.

Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast