Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,096 to 1,108 of 1108
    All too young to be of any help by next year, maybe in 2021 you will see Gimenez and guys like Mauricio, Baty, Vientos wont be up till likely 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team doesn't really need bats. Davis, Conforto, McNeil, Rosario, Alonso, Ramos, is a good top 6 (in no order). 3rd base and CF should be a priority in the offseason but I don't see them doing anything in the OF with Nimmo, Cespedes, and Dom Smith (if he's not traded) coming back.

If they had any balls, they would make a push for Rendon.

I would still consider Josh Donaldson on a 2 year deal too.

Yes, they have a young position player core, so they really dont need bats except at CF and maybe catcher.

At catcher they do have an intriguing option for the future in Mazeika. He is a LHH catcher with good bat, has hit .300 almost everywhere, this year he has shown some pop too. Now his defense is suspect, but seems to throw a good amount of runners out.

3rd base to me is not a priority with McNeil and Lowrie both in the books for next year. I know with Cano old and brittle now they will need to use either of those guys at second next year too. They can always bring in a guy like Herrera up to back them up too.

With JD and Smith being able to play the outfield and maybe Cespedes coming back they are covered in the corners, but they need a legit CF unless you go with Nimmo/Conforto there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes, they have a young position player core, so they really dont need bats except at CF and maybe catcher.

At catcher they do have an intriguing option for the future in Mazeika. He is a LHH catcher with good bat, has hit .300 almost everywhere, this year he has shown some pop too. Now his defense is suspect, but seems to throw a good amount of runners out.

3rd base to me is not a priority with McNeil and Lowrie both in the books for next year. I know with Cano old and brittle now they will need to use either of those guys at second next year too. They can always bring in a guy like Herrera up to back them up too.

With JD and Smith being able to play the outfield and maybe Cespedes coming back they are covered in the corners, but they need a legit CF unless you go with Nimmo/Conforto there again.

I would entertain Donaldson because I know the Mets, specifically the Wilpons, have no interest in Rendon.

I understand he's a risk but Cespedes comes off the books after next year so you can be free of both of those guys, not to mention Lowrie by 2021.

This team needs more depth in their lineup. Then you start thinking about who you are trading off because the Mets have a lot of square pegs in round holes. This roster has fluidity to it which is exactly why I see the Mets trading off ML pieces to fix some of that instead of adding talent in FA.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-17-2019 at 09:32 AM.

I would love Rendon, but knowing these cheap bastards they will not sign him or even be in the running. So I rather they invest in keeping Syndergaard and signing Conforto as well. Use that money for some of the homegrown guys.

Also they have a lot of third base prospects.

Wonder what it would take to get a Marte from Arizona?

Or Marte from the pirates?

I believe he ha 2 years left, solid defense in CF and a solid bat as well.

https://twitter.com/metsfarmreport/s...934031360?s=21

I m taking a stand and declaring Mets will be in on Rendon - not sure 5 guaranteed years will be sufficient though.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I m taking a stand and declaring Mets will be in on Rendon - not sure 5 guaranteed years will be sufficient though.
    I don't see it. Too many obligations long term. I wish they would because he's an excellent 3rd baseman and one of the more underrated players in the league but Mets be Metsing.

That's why if they can snag Donaldson for a couple of years I'm good with that. They need more length in their lineup as its becoming an offensive league.

Ill take Donaldson in a heartbeat. Hed replace Frazier. Mets dont have the balls to get Rendon.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't see it. Too many obligations long term. I wish they would because he's an excellent 3rd baseman and one of the more underrated players in the league but Mets be Metsing.
    crazy backloaded deal. y not?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Harol Gonzalez w a solid year, AA and AAA.

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/656083

No idea about his stuff.

Harol Gonzalez w a solid year, AA and AAA.

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/656083

No idea about his stuff.
    Kind of like Dillon Gee.

I know he sits now in the low 90s, used to be 88-90, but last couple of years it has ticked up. Also throws a good curve and has a slider and change up.

crazy backloaded deal. y not?
    Because Wilpons.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374