Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1282
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I'm with you. I'm all for these moves they are making only if they truly go all in.

Not going for Machado or Harper hurts, but at the same time there are others ways to put together a strong lineup. Adding Pollock and Realmuto helps a lot IMO. I just don't know what it will cost to get them. If they can manage to add those two bats without it harming the current MLB roster, then it puts us in a good place to contend. Of course they need to add another reliever which I expect they will.

But yeah, I'd like to see them go for the big fish. We don't have much in terms of payroll comitted beyond 2020 even with the Cano contract, so I'd like to see them make a big time signing and back load a deal. I don't see why they can't do it and fit it into the budget. We need a superstar in the everyday lineup.

If the plan is to wait until next year and sign Arenado, I'm all for it. But again, I have my doubts because we know this goes against Fred Wilpon's history. There have been two times I've seen the Mets make that type of move... Piazza and Beltran. We need a signing like that. A true superstar. Can we win without one? It's possible given our rotation. But I thought Brodie was all about eliminating the IF's.
    Iím with you bro if we add machado or Harper to this lineup itís a game changer . Imagine signing machado and then trading Rosario and dom Smith for realmuto . We would easily have the best lineup in baseball. And one of the best rotations in baseball. And if they sign miller maybe the best 8 and 9 inning guys in baseball .

Nimmo
    Realmuto
    Cano
    Machado
    Conforto
    Cespedes
    McNeil
    Alonso

Thatís a killer lineup but to good to be true .

Quote Originally Posted by DeMatoWyzGuy View Post
    Iím with you bro if we add machado or Harper to this lineup itís a game changer . Imagine signing machado and then trading Rosario and dom Smith for realmuto . We would easily have the best lineup in baseball. And one of the best rotations in baseball. And if they sign miller maybe the best 8 and 9 inning guys in baseball .

Nimmo
    Realmuto
    Cano
    Machado
    Conforto
    Cespedes
    McNeil
    Alonso

Trying to have a lineup where every player's last name ends in an o.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I want no part of Britton btw. I trust him the least out of all the relievers out there. Much rather go after Miller or Robertson.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I want no part of Britton btw. I trust him the least out of all the relievers out there. Much rather go after Miller or Robertson.
    I agree I would much rather have miller .

I still hope we can sign 2 more studs if possible . Get greedy and sign miller for your lefty and honestly I like ottavino over Robertson but I wouldnít mind either.

Lol almost the whole lineup last name ending in o lol Iíll take it though .
    Last edited by DeMatoWyzGuy; 12-06-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Iíd take Britton in a heartbeat. He still throws gas and keeps the ball on the ground and in the park. Since 2014: 1.82 ERA/2.78 FIP/2.62 xFIP...you want no part of that? Iím not even saying heís still that good and heís obviously regressed, but at the right price he would be a great addition.

But yes, I too would prefer to go after Robertson and Miller before checking in on Britton.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    So you think Wheeler can be the best NL pitcher next year in a full season, not just best on a team that includes deGrom and Syndergaard, but also better than Kershaw, Scherzer, Nola... All of them... Zack. Wheeler. I have a real hard time believing that, regardless of how he finished last season. I think he can be very good, but CY I think is overrating him a bit.
    Yes, as I stated in the response you quoted, I believe Wheeler can contend for the Cy Young. You clearly don't. That's what makes off season predictions interesting.

It is definitely possible for Wheeler. In the second half he maintained similar SO/9 but dropped his BB by A LOT. That made a huge difference because less free passes means less chances of big innings. His BAA was also much lower and OBP and SLG dropped too. The lack of BB makes me think that he stopped getting into bad counts, which played a huge role in his success.

That is definitely repeatable with his stuff and newfound command.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iíd take Britton in a heartbeat. He still throws gas and keeps the ball on the ground and in the park. Since 2014: 1.82 ERA/2.78 FIP/2.62 xFIP...you want no part of that? Iím not even saying heís still that good and heís obviously regressed, but at the right price he would be a great addition.

But yes, I too would prefer to go after Robertson and Miller before checking in on Britton.
    For me Britton is our option #2 after we get one of Robertson or Miller. But that's me

machado
    realmuto
    miller

lets go. otherwise cano deal makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by DeMatoWyzGuy View Post

Nimmo
    Realmuto
    Cano
    Machado
    Conforto
    Cespedes
    McNeil
    Alonso

This is part of the reason why I wanted the Mets to give up Matz, Alonso, and maybe a less prospect or reliever for Paul Goldschmidt. He is definitely within our payroll and he would give us a huge pop boost. Then you are running this lineup and you will still have enough money for a reliever or two.

Nimmo RF
    Rosario SS
    Cano 2B
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Conforto LF
    McNeil - 3B
    Lagares - CF
    Maldando - C
    Pitcher

If the Mets go into next year with Martin maldanado as our starting catcher this offseason will be a failure . He might be the worst hitter in all of baseball . A career 220 hitter that doesnít walk and strikes out a ton . Basically an automatic out . Even if he was the best defensive catcher in the game I would still not want this guy .
    Last edited by DeMatoWyzGuy; 12-06-2018 at 02:47 PM.

if you had to choose 1. Nimmo or conforto . I would choose nimmo. Your thoughts ?

I'd choose Conforto. Even when struggling he has a good OBP. And he has much more pop.

Also seems Carrasco signed extension so possibility of getting him is likely gone

Don't Miller's injuries scare anybody? I feel like that's exactly the kind of guy we need to stay away from. He's one of Brodie's dreaded "ifs".

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Don't Miller's injuries scare anybody? I feel like that's exactly the kind of guy we need to stay away from. He's one of Brodie's dreaded "ifs".
    Hopefully our injury history changes. The Mets have had the worst luck on injuries.

Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast