Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    However, Tatis and Mejia would be excellent gets for Thor.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would be a shame to see Lewin leave if that's indeed the case. He does a great job with the Mets but I know he's a highly sought after guy in radio so I wouldn't be surprised if the opportunity came his way for bigger and brighter things.
    MLB sources said WFAN boss Mark Chernoff, with approval from the Mets, wanted to make the change. A replacement has yet to be found. Entercom owns FAN and WCBS-AM. Chernoff is overseeing the WCBS Mets booth as well as FAN’s Yankees operation.

Sources said Wayne Randazzo, who did a fine job hosting the Mets radio pre- and post-game shows (he also did some fill-in play-by-play) will not move into Lewin’s slot. Whether he will return to the pre- and post-game shows is still questionable.
    Read he wants the Padres booth job.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Metsblog banging the daily drum of trading Syndergaard. Since they are the yellow journalism counterparts to the Mets FO, it is beginning to seem like his days as a Met may be numbered.
    To be fair, there’s not much to report on during this time of year so folks keep themselves busy with speculation. I don’t mind it, it gives us something to talk about.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/heres-w...e-it/300903758

To farther your point though, the article above is hypotheticals galore but still interesting.

If the article is TLR The Astros, Braves, Yankees, Angels, and Cubs are listed as teams who can trade impactful MLB ready position players for Syndergaard. The mention Correa and Springer for the Astros, Acuña from the Braves, Andujar+ from the Yankees, Andrelton Simmons from the Angels, and Bryant from the Cubs.

I would certainly be interested in getting Correa or Springer. I would pull the trigger instantly on Acuña - even though we’d likely have to add more. No thanks on Andujar unless we’re getting a guy like Sheffield too. I would certainly be interested in getting Simmons if we can also get average player from their team. I would be interested in Bryant but there’s 0% chance we would be able to re-sign him.

correa I think is untouchable. I dont think I'd deal with angels as Simmons alone isn't enough and don't see they giving much more

Or we can just keep all 3 pitchers, add a guy like Ramos, solidify the pen, add better infield depth and go for it.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Or we can just keep all 3 pitchers, add a guy like Ramos, solidify the pen, add better infield depth and go for it.
    Where’s your inner DRTRADE? You need to live a little, drive in the fast lane.

This right here, Noah is gonna make like 6 mil in arb show me a pitcher we can get for that price and has cy young potential? Keep this staff together add a C Ramos or Grandal, get some depth a guy like Marwin Gonzalez makes so much sense. He is a player who can play so many spots and with guys like Conforto, Nimmo and Bruce who are our bigger bats going down we would have a guy who could fill in at any of these spots. Add a closer and a BP arm and imo we are contender material so why get rid of players when we aren't far off? Injuries have been the killer of this team, don't tear it down build it up we are not lacking talent just luck. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINFAN69 View Post
    This right here, Noah is gonna make like 6 mil in arb show me a pitcher we can get for that price and has cy young potential? Keep this staff together add a C Ramos or Grandal, get some depth a guy like Marwin Gonzalez makes so much sense. He is a player who can play so many spots and with guys like Conforto, Nimmo and Bruce who are our bigger bats going down we would have a guy who could fill in at any of these spots. Add a closer and a BP arm and imo we are contender material so why get rid of players when we aren't far off? Injuries have been the killer of this team, don't tear it down build it up we are not lacking talent just luck. jmo
    Marwin Gonzalez makes no sense whatsoever. 2017 was a career year. He was back to his career norm with the bat and his glove in the IF is terrible. Nuts to his versatility.

2017 OPS+: 146
    2018 OPS+: 103 (100 is the MLB average).

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Read he wants the Padres booth job.
    Lewin is a west-coast guy. His family lives in the SD area I believe.

Lewin is taking a newly created position on Padres radio in which he will primarily be the pre- and postgame host, according to sources. Lewin has family roots in San Diego and was the longtime voice of the Chargers before they moved to Los Angeles.

Lewin’s new Padres role is similar to what Wayne Randazzo had on WOR-710 AM with the Mets. Randazzo, the pre- and postgame host on the Mets’ WOR games, would fill in on play-by-play when the main guys were off.

Entercom executive Mark Chernoff, who also runs WFAN, is in charge of the hiring and is going about it in methodical fashion, according to sources. Chernoff first verbally agreed to terms with Rose before finalizing Lewin’s situation. The station Lewin is leaving for, San Diego’s 97.3 FM, is also owned by Entercom, which allowed Chernoff to have a hand in helping Lewin land with the Padres.

“Earlier this week, I removed myself from consideration as part of the Mets radio team,” Lewin told The Post on Saturday. “Instead I will be accepting an offer away from New York, with details coming as soon as the contracts get signed.”
    Los Angeles Chargers? I had no idea they moved. LOL. God I hate football.

But Omah is in the howse!
    Make it happen Omah!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    However, Tatis and Mejia would be excellent gets for Thor.
    Add in one of their best pitching prospects and I'm sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Jenrry Mejia released
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/nZ1JROA_d.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/nZ1JROA_d.jpg</a>

End of an ERA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Jenrry Mejia released
    Damn-it!
    He was the future Ace of our staff.
    And his moves were Michael Jacksonesqe.

Last edited by Claymation; Today at 04:40 PM.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930