Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You guys see the starting lineup the warriors are using (to death)?

Draymond is their C with igoudala and durant at forward.

Have to think nurse would just run gasol out there and dare green to take 3's all game/abuse him down low.
    Thatís not a new line up. Theyíve played Green at the 5 plenty prior to getting Cousins.. Infact I think Green at the 5 may have started the small ball era.

Also Cousins only played 30 games in total. Itís not like they arenít use to playing with out him. If anything fitting him in was a bigger challenge. The good thing is the Raptors have the ability to go small or big to match up.

Cousins missing the end of another season is giving him the injury prone label. He wasnít able to help the pelicans either last year in the playoffs. I think Cousins has a couple more years to bounce around the league and ultimately will be out of the league entirely soon. Heís not a player that helps anyone win in anyway. The Kings probably wish they traded him sooner. He did nothing for the pelicans and essentially did nothing for the Warriors either. Itís the beginning of the end for Boobi
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-02-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I don't know, I'm not a fan of completely revamping our offense just because Tobias Harris is guarding Gasol. Is Gasol-Harris a much better matchup for us than Leonard-Whoever? I think we still have better options, and I'd rather focus on figuring out how to get Siakam productive with Embiid on him than trying to exploit that mismatch... If we had Gasol from 5 years ago, then maybe. But this will just get him tired, meaning not as good on defense, and taking him away from the "point center" position where he can make good passes and read the defense.
    Having him facilitate in the post once in a while isn't totally revamping the offense. That's not what I meant at all. Gasol has the ability to score or facilitate against a smaller, inferior defender. You either believe it or not. If you do, you can make the 76ers 2nd guess their decision of how they guard Gasol. If you don't, you can run other things, but have to accept it will make it harder for other players. I don't think the tank is empty. I accept I may be wrong. I'd like to also believe in future series (if we get past this one), I wouldn't want other teams thinking that putting a smaller defender on Gasol is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Having him facilitate in the post once in a while isn't totally revamping the offense. That's not what I meant at all. Gasol has the ability to score or facilitate against a smaller, inferior defender. You either believe it or not. If you do, you can make the 76ers 2nd guess their decision of how they guard Gasol. If you don't, you can run other things, but have to accept it will make it harder for other players. I don't think the tank is empty. I accept I may be wrong. I'd like to also believe in future series (if we get past this one), I wouldn't want other teams thinking that putting a smaller defender on Gasol is an option.
    Ok, fair enough. However, doing something in the post once in a while is not going to make the Sixers reconsider their strategy if things are otherwise working. He'd have to be dominating Harris on just about every possession to have the desired impact (i.e. have Sixers and other teams regret putting a small defender on Gasol), and that's what I meant by completely changing our offense.

Throw it in a couple of times, and get a couple of baskets -- sure, but I don't think that has much of an impact on the game either way.

Although, it seemed like even that wasn't a possibility last night. I think he got one basket out of it, and even that looked very awkward.

Couldn't find the off topic thread and didn't know where to put it. Thought some of you guys might find this amusing.

Myck Kabongo, remember him? Is playing for the Guelph Nighthawks of the Elite Canadian Basketball League (or whatever it's called).

Don't remember him.

He was All American and could have been a 1st rounder but shat the bed.

I think there was quite a few of us that wanted the Raps to take a shot on him.

We need an off-season thread.

Harford opting out to become an unrestricted FA.
    It's a beautiful thing watching that team with all of those assets fall apart like this.

Nurse is better than Stevens.

Just saw that too ChongInc. Boston is falling apart.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ek-deal-boston

All-Star center Al Horford will decline his $30.1 million option for the 2019-20 season and is prepared to enter free agency seeking a three- or four-year deal outside of Boston, after the gulf between he and the Celtics became too great for them to close on a new deal, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Thatís a lot money heís turning down. I doubt he touches $30 in AAV for the new deal.

I don't think Ainge wanted him back - as good as Horford is he's not in their timeline anymore.

Boston's major downfall is not turning their picks and young players into anything material that would propel them to a title contention.

Mind you they got extremely unlucky with what happened to Hayward.

Brown and Tatum still might pan out and so perhaps Celtic fans can look forward to watching them develop unencumbered by lockerroom drama. However, at the moment, they have the worst frontcourt in the NBA absent Al H.

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I don't think Ainge wanted him back - as good as Horford is he's not in their timeline anymore.

Boston's major downfall is not turning their picks and young players into anything material that would propel them to a title contention.

Mind you they got extremely unlucky with what happened to Hayward.

Brown and Tatum still might pan out and so perhaps Celtic fans can look forward to watching them develop unencumbered by lockerroom drama. However, at the moment, they have the worst frontcourt in the NBA absent Al H.
    With both Horford and Irving leaving, Celtics might be a player to offer a max contract now to join Tatum/Brown/Hayward. I wonder what they end up doing with that space. The situations with Horford/Irving/Rozier/Morris leave a ton to be lost still.

Ainge had a stroke a while back. ***** falling apart with him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    With both Horford and Irving leaving, Celtics might be a player to offer a max contract now to join Tatum/Brown/Hayward. I wonder what they end up doing with that space. The situations with Horford/Irving/Rozier/Morris leave a ton to be lost still.
    I think they'll have something like $27 mil under the cap to use.

I don't think the plan is to tank - Celtics wouldn't be able to sell that to their fans after all the diligent planning so maybe they sign Vucevic? Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I think they'll have something like $27 mil under the cap to use.

I don't think the plan is to tank - Celtics wouldn't be able to sell that to their fans after all the diligent planning so maybe they sign Vucevic? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Seems like a reasonable guess given they like to play 5 out and are losing Horford.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast