Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    The emergence of Siakam really has to skew things our way a bit, too, as well as Green's desire to stick around. With Green, Leonard, and Siakam as the core, and Lowry probably still good enough for another year or two, you can easily argue that this will be one of the top teams in the near future. Without those two, it's just Leonard and a bunch of aging players, and that wasn't going to be an easy sell.
    I agree... but I think that’s why it makes sense for kawhi to stay on a 1+1 deal with a player option.

Lowry will expire next year... Gasol will def opt in for 25 mill and expire next year... Siakam I believe expires next year to.

So it lines up perfectly. Leonard stays on a 1+1 contract... they all compete together next year. Then as Gasol and Lowry expire we focus on retaining Siakam and if Leonard decides to stay at that point we can build around the two of them with all that money coming off the books from Lowry and Gasol.

And there’s a lotta chatter out there about Beal coming in the summer. How and for what I don’t know. That definitely makes things more intriguing. Still have to give something up and match salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    And there’s a lotta chatter out there about Beal coming in the summer. How and for what I don’t know. That definitely makes things more intriguing. Still have to give something up and match salaries.
    Beal & Siakam could be intriguing enough for kawhi to stay long term

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i will always remember that press conference a day or two after he traded DeRozan. you and i both were on here talking about it. the man looked hurt, like a guy who got torn to pieces from every direction for doing what he knew was right. i think we even talked then about the possibility he might not be around much longer.
    Yeah, i remember that; he definitely looked hurt. Masai is all about building relationships and I think it's reflected throughout the organization, including the locker room. Everyone feels like they are part of a family. I think that's why it took him so long to finally making a core changing move. It's a lot harder to part with someone you consider a friend and he looked at Casey and DeMar as friends. I just hope he is here for a long time.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I make a narrative that has a 50% chance of happening. And if it doesn’t happen well I did say 50% lol

I think both LA teams are completely desperate and will literally go through their option A,B,C etc until they end up with who they end up with and they both have New York to compete with now.

I actually think guys rather go to the Lakers then the clippers or knicks, At least with the Lakers you have a chance with lebron. The clippers are selling the fact that they have cap space? So do the Knicks... todays NBA guys want to compete and they want to compete now. They’re not gonna sign until you have that other star in place. That’s why I say Lakers are in a better spot then the other two.

I really think if we Pass the 2nd round and make a strong series out of the ecf’s kawhi will stay on 1+1... I don’t see him signing long term because Lowry and Gasol are just to old but a shorter contract makes a ton of sense imo.
    The word is that they think they will get both KD and Kawhi. Brian Windhorst reported not too long ago that Kawhi likes Toronto but just wants to be on the west coast. He just doesn't articulate his feelings that well.

It is what it is, we just have to wait and see what happens. Until then, let's just enjoy the ride.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I make a narrative that has a 50% chance of happening. And if it doesn’t happen well I did say 50% lol

I think both LA teams are completely desperate and will literally go through their option A,B,C etc until they end up with who they end up with and they both have New York to compete with now.

I actually think guys rather go to the Lakers then the clippers or knicks, At least with the Lakers you have a chance with lebron. The clippers are selling the fact that they have cap space? So do the Knicks... todays NBA guys want to compete and they want to compete now. They’re not gonna sign until you have that other star in place. That’s why I say Lakers are in a better spot then the other two.

I really think if we Pass the 2nd round and make a strong series out of the ecf’s kawhi will stay on 1+1... I don’t see him signing long term because Lowry and Gasol are just to old but a shorter contract makes a ton of sense imo.
    A lot of people like KD don't want to play with Lebron because they think the attention he brings and the environment he creates is toxic.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would go to NYK. Their entire organization is a mess. I would rather go to Brooklyn if I wanted to live in NY. It's kind of funny how LAL/LAC parallel NYK/BRK.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    A lot of people like KD don't want to play with Lebron because they think the attention he brings and the environment he creates is toxic.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would go to NYK. Their entire organization is a mess. I would rather go to Brooklyn if I wanted to live in NY. It's kind of funny how LAL/LAC parallel NYK/BRK.
    I personally think Durant is just as toxic... but my gut tells me that kawhi will stay on a short term contract and leave in a year or two.

However the clippers are putting up a great fight against the warriors and that has to be attractive to free agents

I personally think Durant is just as toxic... but my gut tells me that kawhi will stay on a short term contract and leave in a year or two.

However the clippers are putting up a great fight against the warriors and that has to be attractive to free agents
    I didn't mean it that way. I meant that Lebron's star power is so great he transcends the sport. So everywhere he goes there's just this toxic environment. It's hard to build a good strong culture around that. CLE used to get hundreds of requests for media passes every game, now they only get 5. Plus, Lakers' owners love the controversy and Lebron cares more about his legacy than his team.

A lot of players don't like being in that kind of environment. Lebron's great and all but this upcoming free agency class have had their own personal success. I don't think playing with Lebron has as much lustre as it once did.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-25-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I didn't mean it that way. I meant that Lebron's star power is so great he transcends the sport. So everywhere he goes there's just this toxic environment. It's hard to build a good strong culture around that. CLE used to get hundreds of requests for media passes every game, now they only get 5. Plus, Lakers' owners love the controversy and Lebron cares more about his legacy than his team.

A lot of players don't like being in that kind of environment. Lebron's great and all but this upcoming free agency class have had their own personal success. I don't think playing with Lebron has as much lustre as it once did.
    Rich Paul was at the game yesterday chatting it up with Leonard

You guys see the starting lineup the warriors are using (to death)?

Draymond is their C with igoudala and durant at forward.

Have to think nurse would just run gasol out there and dare green to take 3's all game/abuse him down low.

Warriors have a massive hole in their lineup with cousins out.

Gasol's days of abusing anyone are long gone.

The only bright spot in Warriors matchup is that their bench sucks almost as much as ours.

The only bright spot in Warriors matchup is that their bench sucks almost as much as ours.
    He's going to have to show something in the post if 76ers keep leaving Tobias Harris on him

At the very least we shouldnt get out-rebounded.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He's going to have to show something in the post if 76ers keep leaving Tobias Harris on him
    I don't know, I'm not a fan of completely revamping our offense just because Tobias Harris is guarding Gasol. Is Gasol-Harris a much better matchup for us than Leonard-Whoever? I think we still have better options, and I'd rather focus on figuring out how to get Siakam productive with Embiid on him than trying to exploit that mismatch... If we had Gasol from 5 years ago, then maybe. But this will just get him tired, meaning not as good on defense, and taking him away from the "point center" position where he can make good passes and read the defense.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast