Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think they're working on being more dynamic right now. I think it was CJ who talked about how Nurse wanted him to be more than just a spot up shooter.

Not gonna lie, the new offence/defence looks pretty complicated. The offence has so much misdirections. It's almost like they pulled it out of a NFL playbook. Apparently they used to have hundreds of plays but Nurse wants to cut it down to 9 so we're not predictable.

Even though we have a bunch of wings, there's a lot of redundancy. OG is basically the glue that holds everything together IMO. CJ stepping in to fill OG's role is far from ideal. In fact, I don't think anyone else on the team can fill his role and be the glue guy (I don't think they have any plans to play Wright as a small 4). Kawhi can, but he's far too important to be a glue guy.
    Someone leaked their playbook from Casey's era. There is also video to go along with it.

I'm with you on OG.

CJ really elevates the bench. He isn't much of a defender but his off ball movement creates a lot more spacing than someone like Norm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 10-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Sticking to my guns. Green will dissapoint and become the odd man out. Looking forward to running my prediction in everyone's face through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Someone leaked their playbook from Casey's era. There is also video to go along with it.

I'm with you on OG.

CJ really elevates the bench. He isn't much of a defender but his off ball movement creates a lot more spacing than someone like Norm.

It wasn't leaked. The guy who posted it basically compiled everything he posted during Casey's tenure. IIRC he puts together game tape for some university bball team or I think Team Canada. Nurse cut it down himself because he thinks it makes us a cookie cutter team. We saw it constantly where the team didn't know what to do when the play broke down.

I think that's sort of what makes his new system seem complex. Before you could see how a play was developing and instantly recognize it was one of their horns patterns, some variation of a pin down, drag etc.

People saying they had hundreds of plays are being generous. There's maybe a handful of plays and the rest are variations based on what the defence gives them.

I think Nurse wanted CJ to take on more of a passing role. I think he's challenging everybody to move outside of their comfort zone. Eventually I think Nurse needs to rein them in because they all look mad uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Sticking to my guns. Green will dissapoint and become the odd man out. Looking forward to running my prediction in everyone's face through the season.
    I actually think the he will suprise. He was injured last year also.. but if you look at years prior when healthy he is one of the more effiecient sg's out there.

I think they're working on being more dynamic right now. I think it was CJ who talked about how Nurse wanted him to be more than just a spot up shooter.

Not gonna lie, the new offence/defence looks pretty complicated. The offence has so much misdirections. It's almost like they pulled it out of a NFL playbook. Apparently they used to have hundreds of plays but Nurse wants to cut it down to 9 so we're not predictable.

Even though we have a bunch of wings, there's a lot of redundancy. OG is basically the glue that holds everything together IMO. CJ stepping in to fill OG's role is far from ideal. In fact, I don't think anyone else on the team can fill his role and be the glue guy (I don't think they have any plans to play Wright as a small 4). Kawhi can, but he's far too important to be a glue guy.
    I think Green and Siakam will be glue guys as well. they are both capable

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think Green and Siakam will be glue guys as well. they are both capable
    I think the way we want to play the game it seems like we need a glue guy at the wing that is capable of playing the 4. CJ and Green can't really do that and they're both fairly one dimensional on offence. Our depth at the 4/5 is pretty weak, so Pascal can't even play minutes on the wing even if he wants to. Powell is the ideal guy, but he still has trouble finishing on the left and his shot is pretty janky.

I think that's why our double PG line up is our most dynamic lineup offensively. Outside of Lowry and Kawhi, FVV is probably our most well rounded offensive player. But that's not something you can run all the time. Without OG, our wing play is pretty static.

It wasn't leaked. The guy who posted it basically compiled everything he posted during Casey's tenure. IIRC he puts together game tape for some university bball team or I think Team Canada. Nurse cut it down himself because he thinks it makes us a cookie cutter team. We saw it constantly where the team didn't know what to do when the play broke down.

I think that's sort of what makes his new system seem complex. Before you could see how a play was developing and instantly recognize it was one of their horns patterns, some variation of a pin down, drag etc.

People saying they had hundreds of plays are being generous. There's maybe a handful of plays and the rest are variations based on what the defence gives them.

I think Nurse wanted CJ to take on more of a passing role. I think he's challenging everybody to move outside of their comfort zone. Eventually I think Nurse needs to rein them in because they all look mad uncomfortable.
    What gives you the impression of this dynamic offense? Just wondering. Ironically, there seems to be a lot more talk about the defense since Nurse has been hired.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

With Irving saying he wants to re-up with the Celtics, Butler going to Miami, AD rumored to go to the Lakers, the Clippers don't seem to be a luring destination.

KD could change things.

What gives you the impression of this dynamic offense? Just wondering. Ironically, there seems to be a lot more talk about the defense since Nurse has been hired.

We used to run plays right from the start when everybody gets to their spot. But Nurse has added a lot of stuff to obfuscate and hide the intended play. It helps them keep spacing. For example, when they were running plays through JV, they added a lot of motion off ball to hide the action. Before, everybody would literally stand around and wait for JV to set up. This naturally creates counters too because if JV is denied positioning, it's not a broken play. The off ball motion creates opportunities for them to adapt.

Nurse is playing around a lot with a hybrid zone. It has been hit or miss IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I mentioned it a few times last year, Toronto made an awful lot of sense for the exact same reason Kawhi did. I mean how much better a team can you get without a superstar than the one we had?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

With Irving saying he wants to re-up with the Celtics, Butler going to Miami, AD rumored to go to the Lakers, the Clippers don't seem to be a luring destination.

KD could change things.

That's poetic way of looking at it . Or you know... AD sees Irving and that brilliant core with the Celtics and they trade for him got Horford and Brown and end up with a Irving/Hayward/Tatum?A.Davis core.

It would be nice if Kawhi stays for sure, always going to be tough sledding against a huge, historic market with a tons of young desirable assets though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That's poetic way of looking at it . Or you know... AD sees Irving and that brilliant core with the Celtics and they trade for him got Horford and Brown and end up with a Irving/Hayward/Tatum?A.Davis core.

It would be nice if Kawhi stays for sure, always going to be tough sledding against a huge, historic market with a tons of young desirable assets though.
    No doubt. Although I'm willing to bet that he goes to LA.

Not trying to get ahead of myself because it's only preseason but Masai should give Deng Adel the max.

We used to run plays right from the start when everybody gets to their spot. But Nurse has added a lot of stuff to obfuscate and hide the intended play. It helps them keep spacing. For example, when they were running plays through JV, they added a lot of motion off ball to hide the action. Before, everybody would literally stand around and wait for JV to set up. This naturally creates counters too because if JV is denied positioning, it's not a broken play. The off ball motion creates opportunities for them to adapt.

Nurse is playing around a lot with a hybrid zone. It has been hit or miss IMO.
    Didn't we see that last year as well?

Seriously though, there is nothing to take away from that game lol. Hopefully Powell is okay.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast