Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2018-2019 Rockford Icehogs/Blackhawks Prospects

Do your magic, i know i'm not the prospect guy.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Really excited to see how Adam Boqvist does with London. Also really excited for Beaudin, Mitchell, Krys, Sikura, Ejdsell, and Delia. Entwistle is a sleeper for me as well. I like his game.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Just hoping these Dmen start creeping up here into the NHL over the next two years. We really need talent there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good goalie prospects?

Not sure I am confident Crow will return to form for an extended period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Any good goalie prospects?

Not sure I am confident Crow will return to form for an extended period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Collin Delia could be decent and nearly backstopped Rockford to the Calder Cup, Nalimov in the KHL is interesting, Wouter Peeters is huge at 6'4, 220, Alexis Gravel was a projected top-3 round pick and fell due to a poor season, Kevin Lankinen could be interesting even though he didn't look great in camp or in pre-season. No one screams future high end starter, but all are at least interesting. Gravel is the most interesting to me as he physically has all the tools to be at least a good starter in the NHL. He played well in the playoffs despite a poor showing in the regular season. I think we might have a steal there. He also has pretty good size at 6'3, 218. Nalimov is also pretty interesting as he's put up really good numbers in the KHL. Like Gravel, he's a former 6th round pick. Also good size at 6'4, 209. He's currently out with a broken hand that he injured just a few days ago. I think he comes over to North America next year and plays in Rockford.

I also haven't given up on Forsberg being a solid goaltender. He showed flashes last year, but needs to put it all together and be consistent.

I'm not overly worried about goalie from a long term perspective. If you look at the 16 teams that made the playoffs, 7 of them drafted their starting goalie (Rask was drafted by Toronto and traded to Boston for Andrew Raycroft): Tampa Bay, Washington, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Winnipeg, LA, and Anaheim. Of those 7 teams, only 1 goalie, Andrei Vasilevskiy, was taken in the 1st round. John Gibson was the only other goalie taken in the 1st 2 rounds. Matt Murray and Jonathan Quick were both 3rd round picks. Braden Holtby was a 4th round pick, Connor Hellebuyck was a 5th round pick, and Pekka Rinne was an 8th round pick back when the draft had 9 rounds. My point being that starting goalies can be had from a number of different ways. Over half the playoff teams traded for or signed their goalies. We might have our next starting goalie in our system already, or we might end up trading a draft pick to get our starting goalie. I have faith that goaltending will be addressed.

I also have this feeling that when the time comes that Corey's done or is only a back-up, that Bowman will go out and snipe a top goalie either through trade or free agency if we don't have one ready.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I also have this feeling that when the time comes that Corey's done or is only a back-up, that Bowman will go out and snipe a top goalie either through trade or free agency if we don't have one ready.
    I hope so, because i think this is going to be sooner rather than later

Click here to register!

I donít trust Stan to do anything correctly. I hope we find a suitable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I donít trust Stan to do anything correctly. I hope we find a suitable replacement.

I don't think that's fair. His eye for talent isn't bad. He's drafted well and had a few solid trades. He's also done a solid job during the Cup years of adding depth to help us win Stanley Cups. Where he struggles is with handing out contracts. I trust that if he's our GM when it comes time to replace Crawford, that he'll have either drafted, traded for, or signed a top goalie/top goalie prospect.

I don't think that's fair. His eye for talent isn't bad. He's drafted well and had a few solid trades. He's also done a solid job during the Cup years of adding depth to help us win Stanley Cups. Where he struggles is with handing out contracts. I trust that if he's our GM when it comes time to replace Crawford, that he'll have either drafted, traded for, or signed a top goalie/top goalie prospect.
    He has made a few bad trades as well. Iím of the opinion that Hammer, Pamarin, and Danault should still all be on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    He has made a few bad trades as well. Iím of the opinion that Hammer, Pamarin, and Danault should still all be on this team.

He has. But Panarin was most likely getting traded either way. We couldn't afford to sign him long term at the time so the idea was to get a LW back who's had success with Toews. Saad hasn't been very good since coming back but he also had an incredibly unlucky season last year. He's looked better lately and I think he's turning a corner. Toews has also turned around his game, although that's been without Saad on his line.

As for Hammer, the idea there was to get younger. Has it worked out thus far? No, but it's only been one season. Murphy is cost controlled at a cheaper salary, is younger, and has potential to be a solid top-4 defenseman for us. When he gets healthy, we'll see if he can live up to that potential. I'm willing to give Murphy a chance to prove that this wasn't a bad trade.

I have no argument against the Danault trade. That was truly a terrible trade. Weise didn't fit in well here, and Fleischmann was decent but didn't end up re-signing. Giving up a 2nd in this past draft and Danault for that is truly terrible. If we had Danault as our 3C and had taken say Akil Thomas or Ryan McLeod with that 2nd round pick, we'd be looking much better both in the present and in the long term. I get that we were trying to win back-to-back Cups, but this one is frustrating to say the least. Easily Bowman's worst trade.

After a pretty disappointing season getting the 3rd overall pick and having 15M+ in Free agency is nice. Having something to look forward to is always a positive.
    Any guys high on the draft list at #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    After a pretty disappointing season getting the 3rd overall pick and having 15M+ in Free agency is nice. Having something to look forward to is always a positive.
    Any guys high on the draft list at #3?
    A name I keep hearing with our pick in the draft is C Dylan Cozens.

2016 World Series Champions!!!