Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Gary Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers between Higgy and Sanchez defensively but in the past the teams ERA pitching to Sanchez was noticeably lower than when Romine was catching the same guys.

Have you looked at the farm system lately? Kiley Mcdaniels, probably the best system evaluator out there ranked us as the 5th best system and the best group of IFA talent which is where the majority of the best talent comes from. Here is part of his analysis on our system.

5. New York Yankees
    At this point last year, the Yankees were in the bottom 10 of our farm rankings at FanGraphs, based on the same methods I'm using here. We noted that the Yankees had a high variance system whose prospect list had about double the number of teenagers as any other list, so there was potential to rise quickly. Adding the only top-100 prospect in the 2019 international class (CF Jasson Dominguez) helped, but the next six ranked prospects were all upgraded a notch or two in the past year, joining reinforcements from a solid draft class and arguably the best international program in baseball. It's still a young system, so maybe only two players (RHP Deivi Garcia and RHP Clarke Schmidt) from the top 20 in the organization will get big league time in 2020, but there's more than enough talent here to either trade for reinforcements or to see continued appreciation in value to make up for two graduations in next year's ratings.

Our top pitching specs, if they continue to develop as most of us hope, will impact this team first as we're already seeing with Garcia and to a much lesser extent Schmidt this yr. Depending on how they develop we could have a handful of arms that could impact the rotation and the BP next yr, plus we have a couple of specs that have much higher ceilings than even Garcia or Schmidt. After them were still 20-30 pitching specs deep that could become slightly above average or better MLB pitchers.

We are absolutely stacked with young position players, especially up the middle. They have invested very,very heavily at the C position in the draft and IFA in the last 3yrs. We have some outfielder that could be as good or better than any OFer we have now. We also have quite a few elite talent middle infielders, also unless something goes wrong and the deal they have with Roderick Arias who is considered the best IFA SS in the last 10 plus yrs, most of his tools are way ahead of Wander Franco at the same age.

Between Dominguez and Arias they are considered generational talents by evaluators, scouts, Gm's , ect. How the kids will turnout is obviously a crap shoot but talent wise we have an absolute ton of elite specs
    Well realmuto may be available via free agencY . And I did give you a link that showed how questionable his defense is . And as of right now sanchez is not possibly worth an extension . You canít tell me that he should be the catcher for the next 6 years atleast . That is why I feel the yanks need to trade sanchez . I know they wonít and they will either let him walk for nothing like they did with cano or give him an extension they will regret .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How about the fact that he still has problems with passed balls ?

In 3 of the last 4 seasons sanchez has been in atleast the top 3 in most passed balls in all of baseball . He got much better last season but regressed badly this year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/l..._top_ten.shtml

And again there is the fact that higgy seems to be coleís catcher . Including for tonightís game and that is not because Sanchez needs a ď restĒ . And during Garciaís last start the Yankees announcers were wondering why Garcia was being a two pitch pitcher and not using his curve when his slider wasnít working, and Sanchez was catching that game .
    Genius, I said prove all aspects of his game are subpar. I said prove that he is an overall subpar defender.

You didn't. You showed passed balls as your stat

Sancez's arm is ranked top 5 and his pop time is ranked 7th.

This is why you lose so many arguments. If you had said Sanchez is a bad fielding catcher, I don't think anyone disagrees. But he's not a bad defensive catcher. And don't ry to prove that he is, you can't

So once again, you are wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

Well realmuto may be available via free agencY . And I did give you a link that showed how questionable his defense is . And as of right now sanchez is not possibly worth an extension . You canít tell me that he should be the catcher for the next 6 years atleast . That is why I feel the yanks need to trade sanchez . I know they wonít and they will either let him walk for nothing like they did with cano or give him an extension they will regret .
    YOiu gave a link that showed his fielding, not his defense.

Ignorance is bliss

I haven't seen the numbers between Higgy and Sanchez defensively but in the past the teams ERA pitching to Sanchez was noticeably lower than when Romine was catching the same guys.
    Yep.
    He posted one stat. Passed balls as his proof that Sanchez is a bad, all around defensive catcher.
    He isn't. He has a great arm. An accurate arm and a great pop time. Fielding is one aspect of defense, not the complete picture.

Ignorance is bliss

So I think we all agree, trade him for value if we can, split time with Higgy for now, acquire an other catcher if price is right, donít give him an extension, and if he regains the form of his first seasons trade him while his value is at its highest. I think we all agree. With that, I hope he improves for his own value and for that of the team,

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    So I think we all agree, trade him for value if we can, split time with Higgy for now, acquire an other catcher if price is right, donít give him an extension, and if he regains the form of his first seasons trade him while his value is at its highest. I think we all agree. With that, I hope he improves for his own value and for that of the team,
    Yes.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-23-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

^^ agree 100%

Have you looked at the farm system lately? Kiley Mcdaniels, probably the best system evaluator out there ranked us as the 5th best system and the best group of IFA talent which is where the majority of the best talent comes from. Here is part of his analysis on our system.

5. New York Yankees
    At this point last year, the Yankees were in the bottom 10 of our farm rankings at FanGraphs, based on the same methods I'm using here. We noted that the Yankees had a high variance system whose prospect list had about double the number of teenagers as any other list, so there was potential to rise quickly. Adding the only top-100 prospect in the 2019 international class (CF Jasson Dominguez) helped, but the next six ranked prospects were all upgraded a notch or two in the past year, joining reinforcements from a solid draft class and arguably the best international program in baseball. It's still a young system, so maybe only two players (RHP Deivi Garcia and RHP Clarke Schmidt) from the top 20 in the organization will get big league time in 2020, but there's more than enough talent here to either trade for reinforcements or to see continued appreciation in value to make up for two graduations in next year's ratings.

Our top pitching specs, if they continue to develop as most of us hope, will impact this team first as we're already seeing with Garcia and to a much lesser extent Schmidt this yr. Depending on how they develop we could have a handful of arms that could impact the rotation and the BP next yr, plus we have a couple of specs that have much higher ceilings than even Garcia or Schmidt. After them were still 20-30 pitching specs deep that could become slightly above average or better MLB pitchers.

We are absolutely stacked with young position players, especially up the middle. They have invested very,very heavily at the C position in the draft and IFA in the last 3yrs. We have some outfielder that could be as good or better than any OFer we have now. We also have quite a few elite talent middle infielders, also unless something goes wrong and the deal they have with Roderick Arias who is considered the best IFA SS in the last 10 plus yrs, most of his tools are way ahead of Wander Franco at the same age.

Between Dominguez and Arias they are considered generational talents by evaluators, scouts, Gm's , ect. How the kids will turnout is obviously a crap shoot but talent wise we have an absolute ton of elite specs
    Let's have a serious moment here. Those types of evaluations are good for bragging rights. They have no bearing on who teams will ask for in a big trade. The yankees have a ton of talent that don't post good numbers, or they are in very low A ball, or both. These are not the type of players that headline a big trade. Other teams ask for top 100 prospects, the vast majority of the time. This won't preclude them from asking for a lottery pick, but only as a throw in. Even with that said, teams are still not asking for Dominguez. The yankees need to load up on more accomplished trade bait, and ones that are closer to the majors. That's what helps prompt trades. Instead teams continue to ask for Torres, Frazier and now Deivi.

Sanchez with a throwing error that scored a run for the jays . And somehow I am to believe sanchez isnít a liability behind the plate ?

Sanchez with a throwing error that scored a run for the jays . And somehow I am to believe sanchez isnít a liability behind the plate ?
    when sanchez catches you can guarantee passed balls balls he does not block for wild pitches the pitcher shaking him off numerous times in a game etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    when sanchez catches you can guarantee passed balls balls he does not block for wild pitches the pitcher shaking him off numerous times in a game etc etc etc..
    Pretty much yeah .and yet again I am somehow to believe he is not a liability behind the plate lol

Sanchez another error on catcherís Interference lol
    Forget liability , he is a damned joke behind the plate now

Sanchez is hitting below .150 and made two stupid errors tonight . How much more of his subpar play and pathetic hitting will it take before enough is enough and at the very least bench him like they did Gardner?

Sanchez is hitting below .150 and made two stupid errors tonight . How much more of his subpar play and pathetic hitting will it take before enough is enough and at the very least bench him like they did Gardner?
    See, this is actually a good post. You aren't claiming fact. You are asking a legit question.

Sanchez is still not a subpar defender but he was certainly that yesterday, aside from the throw outs. His hitting sucked. He's 2 for his last 16.
    They won't bench him. he will sit a game but they won't bench him because if he gets hot, he will carry a team and that's what they will likely bank on, right or wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

0 for 4 last night,with 3 K's he also made 2 errors,he's hitting .143,,,in the word's of the great Bill Parcell's "you are what your record say's you are"

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast