Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    The facts are that the White Sox have been bad for a long time. Kenny Williams was a complete idiot in my opinion. Things are changing, Rick Hahn seems to have a plan and the farm system is strong. Whether or not this rebuild works out or not, time will tell. The Orioles are bad, with a bad owner. Not sure about their prospects, I don't follow them. Machado could do a lot worse that signing with the Sox. He could own the city, at least half of it anyway if/when the Sox start to win. In New York he's just another hired gun. He is hesitating because he wants the most $$$.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Johnny NY, when’s the last time NY has been relevant and won in the playoffs? Get lost

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if the white sox were any good machado would have signed weeks ago why is he hesitating...
    So then why hasn't he signed with your Yankees already then Little Johnny? They must really suck too. Nice Stanton contract the Yankee D-bags got there, LMFAO!! Keep looking up to the Red Sox YET ANOTHER YEAR with the highest payroll in baseball. You my friend just like the Steinbrenners are a Clownshow.

reality check the whitesox lost 100 games last year.. you don't lose that many games unless you are truly a horrendous team..this idea that because the white sox have a good farm system they are all of a sudden going to challenge the indians and possibly make the playoffs is sheer fantasy...
    Please stop.

Then research how the better shot to hang with the Red Sox now Astros from your Bronx Zoo overpaid, no pitching team. Hint, they lost 100 games 3 years in their rebuild that started with Springer. White Sox are in the same mode idiot as these guys are telling you.

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES fans, annoying. But one click below Packers fans here.

reality check the whitesox lost 100 games last year.. you don't lose that many games unless you are truly a horrendous team..this idea that because the white sox have a good farm system they are all of a sudden going to challenge the indians and possibly make the playoffs is sheer fantasy...
    You do realize that the Cubs and Astros both had years with losing 100 games right? And then they won the World Series. I know you aren’t very smart, but teams rebuild from the ground up and that’s what the Sox are in the middle of. They are just starting their trajectory upwards.

Yes maybe 2019 isn’t a true contending year, but 2020 definitely can be and should be. Machado will be 27 and in just the 2nd year of his deal if he signs.

Take your trolling somewhere else.

No offense to anyone that responded to the NY guy, but I wouldn’t expect that he wanted anything less then the response he got! Let’s just say he’s narcissistic!
    Last edited by ChiSox; 02-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

No offense but please refrain from posting political opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox View Post
    No offense to anyone that responded to the NY guy, but I wouldn’t expect that he wanted anything less then the response he got! Let’s just say he’s narcissistic!
    Chi Sox, I completely agreed with your post.

Thank you! I wasn’t trying to make anything political! Just stating the facts!
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

*Héctor Gómez of Z Digital*reports that the club proposed an eight-year, $250 million offer to Machado, a full $75 million above the*previously (and*erroneously) reported seven-year, $175 million deal that was said to be in play. Naturally, neither Machado’s agent nor the White Sox have confirmed the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Chi Sox, I completely agreed with your post.
    After the dude edited his political comment, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    *Héctor Gómez of Z Digital*reports that the club proposed an eight-year, $250 million offer to Machado, a full $75 million above the*previously (and*erroneously) reported seven-year, $175 million deal that was said to be in play. Naturally, neither Machado’s agent nor the White Sox have confirmed the report.
    Based on this report, we are really starting to approach the 10/300 he was originally looking for. With opt outs on either side, there really is not much difference at this point. Assuming the Gomez claim is correct, of course.

FWIW, latest odds are swaying heavily towards Yankees to sign Machado. Although their only reported offer is for $220 mil which is lower than the Gomez reported Sox offer of $250 mil. Obviously nothing official but I don’t like our odds in a bidding war with NYY.

Seems like the offers are getting high enough that this might wrap up one way or the other in the near future. Maybe even this week.

I don’t feel he’s gonna sign here. Never felt he was going to. I knew Sox would make a run but they’re like the Bulls, never sign any big time guys or no one wants to play here. Sox are a joke to most people so we have zero leverage. Just pony up the money and have a shot at starting to win now and maybe attract other guys down the road if u can sign Manny. Gotta start somewhere.

I agree. A bidding war is bad on 2 fronts. First you are competing with a team that has virtually unlimited resources, second, you probably have to bid more to get them to sign here. Question is, how much more is worth it?

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast