Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    The Cardinals got better, the Braves got better, the Phillies got better......It might just be enough motivation for the Dodgers to overpay for Abreu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    The Cardinals got better, the Braves got better, the Phillies got better......It might just be enough motivation for the Dodgers to overpay for Abreu.
    What kind of package would Abreu net?

If the price is right Iím all for a trade with the Dodgers

Abreu is not going anywhere.

i dont think the Dodgers will give us much for 1 year of Abreu. We need him more than what we would get back.

Not to mention, trading him now will not increase our chances of landing Harper. If we miss on Harper/Machado then I'd be more open.

I think Abreu sticks around, at least until July. Talk is cheap, he's still the face of this team.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Abreu is not going anywhere.
    Why? You worried we can't lose a 100 games without him?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    i dont think the Dodgers will give us much for 1 year of Abreu. We need him more than what we would get back.

Not to mention, trading him now will not increase our chances of landing Harper. If we miss on Harper/Machado then I'd be more open.
    The Dodgers need a right handed bat big time.....One year will get you a pretty good package, and nothing stopping the dodgers from extending him...If Harper or Machado happen to sign here they will be the face of the franchise going forward not Abreu.

Why? You worried we can't lose a 100 games without him?
    Rick Hahn has said numerous amount of times that Abreu is more valuable to them then to anyone else. So the amount they would ask for in return the other team wouldn't go for.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Rick Hahn has said numerous amount of times that Abreu is more valuable to them then to anyone else. So the amount they would ask for in return the other team wouldn't go for.
    I know what he keeps saying.....But don't you think there's some gamesmanship going on here to drive the price up? At least I would hope so.........but to hold on to a 31 year old who has value in the middle of a rebuilt is totally senseless,when the window for competing opens in 2020 or 2021

And to your point if he is soooooo valuable to Hahn,why hasn't he signed an extension yet?

If they sign Harper and/or Machado would you want them to trade Abreu?

And to your point if he is soooooo valuable to Hahn,why hasn't he signed an extension yet?
    This is a good point, I am not sure what Rick's intentions are with signing Abreu long term. But I can see Abreu being here a few more years and being a stop gap to a minor league player coming up.

Abreu's fate is impossible to estimate, just roll with it.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I completely think Abreu has a much better chance of adding 3 years to his deal than him being traded. I think he starts a conversion to DH this year and then the other 2-4 years they add on heís the DH. If Iím Hahn, I go to him and say lets do 4 years (including this year) at $74M. Do something like Ď19- $20M, Ď20- $20M, Ď21- $17M, Ď22- $17M.

They have Collins and Sheets right now that are in AAA and AA that could be future 1B. Someone mention Vaughn as a possible draft pick and they could add someone in FA in the future years.

Now things could change if the Dodgers come in and offer two good major league pieces and a good prospect, but I donít think that will happen.

The Dodgers need a right handed bat big time.....One year will get you a pretty good package, and nothing stopping the dodgers from extending him...If Harper or Machado happen to sign here they will be the face of the franchise going forward not Abreu.
    Sure they do. But are they willing to give up anything worth us trading him?

1. You don't trade Abreu before you swing and miss on Harper/Machado. Trading Abreu makes our team worse. You don't want to do that while courting a huge FA.
    2. What do you consider a good package from the Dodgers? If they do indeed offer us a "good package" for sure you go for it. But I don't think they do when it's 1 year and Abreu had a down year last yr that include time missed.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast