Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Welcome back GP, I see you couldn't wait to take a shot at me..
    Nothing against you and you sound like a nice person, so take no offense. However, I scoff at the notion that Anderson might shift to Center for several reasons. including:

1.) Anderson's defense has improved markedly regardless of what the defensive stats might show. Those who have watched most games this season have seen him make stellar plays that would ordinarily be base hits for infielders with lesser range and a lesser arm (than the canon that TA has).
    2.) Read the reports from Chris Getz about Luis Roberts. His defense is stellar. His power was impacted by a wrist injury but otherwise, he looks like he could be up here in 2020 and perhaps even earlier if that wrist heals up and he starts hitting for power, which seems likely given his strength and size.
    3.) Madrigal should be the Sox second basemen by 2020, maybe sooner. That means Moncada has to move to third or perhaps be traded, as coconut suggested as a possibility.

Now I have changed my thinking about getting Machado. I would much prefer Bryce Harper if JR decides that a big expenditure like that would pay off over time. Neither player probably ends up here but it is fun to think about the "what-ifs."
    Last edited by garypeters; 10-07-2018 at 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling

I would take Machado over Harper ...........Harper is another over hyped Boras client who will not be worth the money and will not produce to match his pay. I want Machado and preferably at 3rd base, which I think if we give the most money and years he should not have an issue playing 3rd base. Machado, Anderson,and Moncada that's not bad......

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Nothing against you and you sound like a nice person, so take no offense. However, I scoff at the notion that Anderson might shift to Center for several reasons. including:

1.) Anderson's defense has improved markedly regardless of what the defensive stats might show. Those who have watched most games this season have seen him make stellar plays that would ordinarily be base hits for infielders with lesser range and a lesser arm (than the canon that TA has).
    2.) Read the reports from Chris Getz about Luis Roberts. His defense is stellar. His power was impacted by a wrist injury but otherwise, he looks like he could be up here in 2020 and perhaps even earlier if that wrist heals up and he starts hitting for power, which seems likely given his strength and size.
    3.) Madrigal should be the Sox second basemen by 2020, maybe sooner. That means Moncada has to move to third or perhaps be traded, as coconut suggested as a possibility.

Now I have changed my thinking about getting Machado. I would much prefer Bryce Harper if JR decides that a big expenditure like that would pay off over time. Neither player probably ends up here but it is fun to think about the "what-ifs."
    OK, but IF the White Sox sign Machado (a long shot) what do you do with Anderson?

I was kidding about taking a shot, we are all fair game in here. I know about Luis Robert, remember you wanted to call him up in May?

Anyway, scoff all you want - but if he (Machado) comes he wants to play SS, that leaves TA7 without a position, unless???
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Bainsy (or whoever else wants to respond):

* If * the Sox decide to pursue Machado as a free agent, do you think they would outbid a team like the Cubs ? I don't.
    Epstein may decide that he and the Cubs have had enough with Russell and that the Cubs really need a spark in their line-up. If that is the case, Epstein gets his man. Ricketts is flush with Ameritrade day trader money and will want to make a big splash in order to assuage the disappointment of cub fans after this years epic choke.

* If * the Sox decide to pursue Machado as a free agent, do you think they would outbid a team like the Cubs ? I don't.
    Epstein may decide that he and the Cubs have had enough with Russell and that the Cubs really need a spark in their line-up. If that is the case, Epstein gets his man. Ricketts is flush with Ameritrade day trader money and will want to make a big splash in order to assuage the disappointment of cub fans after this years epic choke.
    Why is everyone assuming Machado won't resign with the Dodgers, the team that traded for him, got him in the playoffs, and is in the NLCS?

I doubt the Dodgers wouldn't put a significant offer in for him. Not like they are a small market

[QUOTE=garypeters;32590587]Bainsy (or whoever else wants to respond):

Epstein may decide that he and the Cubs have had enough with Russell and that the Cubs really need a spark in their line-up. If that is the case, Epstein gets his man. Ricketts is flush with Ameritrade day trader money and will want to make a big splash in order to assuage the disappointment of cub fans after this years epic choke.[/QUO

The Cubs will not be pursuing Machado....If anything they will go after Harper ,whom I do not want. But the cubs need pitching above anything else,so that's where i'd bet they spend FA money and trades.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Why is everyone assuming Machado won't resign with the Dodgers, the team that traded for him, got him in the playoffs, and is in the NLCS?

I doubt the Dodgers wouldn't put a significant offer in for him. Not like they are a small market
    Because its not a need for them next year....And if Kershaw opts out, you can bet they will spend big to resign him. Also the luxury tax hurts teams,doesn't matter how much money they have. All teams including the Yankees are trying to stay under the tax...

Ok, so you don't have an answer - no worries man. Odds are we won't have to worry about this scenario and Tim Anderson remains the SS for the foreseeable future. If I'm Machado, LA is probably where I stay - assuming the $$$ are there, The real debate with the White Sox infield (I think) is going to come down between Moncada and Madrigal, 2020 for that one.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Bainsy:

I was thinking that Ricketts will be on Machado for several reasons.They want to get rid of Addison Russell. Zobrist will soon be put out to pasture. Kris Bryant did not sign an extension.

Bainsy:

I was thinking that Ricketts will be on Machado for several reasons.They want to get rid of Addison Russell. Zobrist will soon be put out to pasture. Kris Bryant did not sign an extension.
    They have Baez at SS and Bryant is got a few years till FA....

The Cubs seem to love Harper, would not surprise me at all if he lands there, again - Machado probably stays in LA, but money talks, don't rule out the Yankees.

At 3B he makes sense for the White Sox, even if 2019 is a year early, just don't see that happening.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234