Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    Any chance the team eventually moves Jimenez to 1B? Everything I read is his arm and defense is a liability.
    That could be a possibility.

One of our prospects will become our 1B/Dh of the future. Jimenez,Burger,Collins all have been rumored to possibly end up there.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Dude this Machado ****is getting so outta hand. The different reports everyday or no one actually knowing whatís going on is starting to annoy most baseball fans. Decide where u wanna go already

Yeah, the anticipation the sox sign him is really dragging in. I donít really blame him though if he isnít signing a deal that is close to $200 million in which he feels isnít even in the ballpark. A team will eventually offer him something closer to $300 million.

Owners and GMs need to decide how much they are willing to spend and simply say this is my offer, you have 24 hours to decide, and then move on....I feel itís them dragging this out and not the players.

No I think itís the players at this point. You know Manny/Lozano and Bryce/Boras are pissed because they thought theyíd have more than 3-4 teams seriously going after their clients.

Machado
    White Sox- Seriously interested in bringing MM to Chicago. Reports of an offer in the $200-240M range.

Phillies- Seriously interested in MM and reports of an offer has been made. I havenít seen a speculated dollar amount.

Yankees- Seem to trying to lure MM to NY for a reduced price since he grew up a Yankee fan. With LaMahieu signing yesterday, seems like they are out.

Now Machadoís inner circle is trying the old ďmystery teamĒ approach at the last minute to squeeze every dollar out of the CHW and PHI.

Harper
    White Sox- Seem seriously interested, but are focused on Machado at the moment since BH seems to be weeks away from signing.

Phillies- Has a meeting with Harper today in LV. Very interested and have the money to do it.

Dodgers- Made the big move to clear money, but seem to have other plans for multiple pieces instead of one.

Nationals- Made a 10yr/$300M offer at the end of the season, BH said no and they took it away. I think this is the biggest competitor to the CHW and PHI.

Cubs- Donít seem to have money to get a RP let alone a possible record setting contract unless they moved Heyward and other money.

In the end these playersí markets havenít been nearly what everyone thought theyíd be which is dragging everything out as they try to get every dollar they can out of these teams.

All I know is Iím glad the White Sox are in on both guys at the moment and hope they land the big fish because it would be a turning point for this franchise. Get it done JR, KW and RH.

Since we donít know the offers, itís really hard to comment, but itís been now about 2-3 months. Just talking about Machado here, we all know 200-240 is NOT going to get the deal done. He has been waiting years to get to this point.

We are lucky to be in a position where teams like the Yankees, dodgers, cubs and Boston seem to be out of the picture, because all things considered, we would need to probably add $3-5 million more per year to sign him.

This is our year to strike with these teams out, and if we lose him because we only offered a $250 million deal, shame on us. This is the best market we can compete in, and in a few years we can see a new deal made between owners and players union that give more money to players, and this salary of $30 million for stars could be way surpassed.

We will never be in this position again. But maybe thatís potentially a good thing, as we can allocate the money elsewhere to multiple players.

Again, without knowing the actual contracts offered, itís hard to judge here, but based on the few things I have read, it seems like he is getting lowballed here because there are fewer teams involved.

Sorry, thatís not going to work. Just give him a fair deal of 7/240 or if he really want 10 years 10/320 with some opt outs, and give him a 48 hour deadline and move on. Thereís still Pollack out there that can help us for the next 4-5 years.

He will most likely sign a 1 year deal and do this again next year with more teams interested if he doesnít get an offer like the above.

Manny would be stupid to take a 1 year deal. Nolan Arenado is going to be on the market and that would put another player in the infield that will give teams a second option.

I think Manny is going to get somewhere in the $30-33M range AAV.

I put in my offseason plan on Sox Machine the Sox should offer Machado 8yrs/$248M ($31M AAV) w/ an opt out after 4 years. First 4 years worth $130M ($32.5M AAV).

Based on everything that has been rumored, he hasnít received a deal close to that, so why would he sign a deal right now??? The market being down has no impact on us besides not having to overpay in years that we typically would have.

The sox are letting a golden opportunity slip through their hands right now and we might never be in this position again. If we have already offered a deal like the above that you layed out, and he isnít signing, move on to Pollack and use the money in future years elsewhere.
    Last edited by shorvath721; 01-12-2019 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Iíd fully expect him to sign a 1 year deal if he doesnít get a deal of atleast your 8/248 mentioned. If he signs for less I would be extremely surprised.

You donít know that Arenado wonít sign an early extension, especially when Colorado has historically extended their star hitters in the past. Even if he doesnít, Machado is in the same spot he is this year as being a top 2 free agent, and hopefully more teams are involved, which seems likely.

If no Manny or Harper with cash on hand do we bring Chris Sale back for 2020?

Will be a FA the end of the season if the Red Sox don't reup or trade him.

I would absolutely bring back Sale. But I dont see the Red Sox letting go of him

So when do you guys think Machado and Harper make their decisions?

I can see Machado in the next 7-10 days and then Harper another 7-14 days after that. I do not see Boras letting Harper sign until they see what Machado gets. However, if it looks like nobody is going to step up in the Machado offers, that may induce Boras to move quicker, and possibly even before Machado.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast