Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    I honestly do not expect the Sox to land either. If they do, that would be great, but I still believe the odds are better that they sign elsewhere. Personally, Iíd prefer Harper. I find Machado hard to root for and I just get a gut feeling he may not age well.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the White Sox pursuit of Harper might be spearheaded by Jerry Reinsdorf who may be directly in contact with Boras on a no BS basis.
    If that is the case, let me put it this way, I would not bet against JR. Hahn and KW? If they are in charge of this it probably doesn't get done.

I 100% want both guys. Iíll be ecstatic with one of them. My preference is Harper but Iíd be just as happy with Machado.

I will be 100% bummed if they donít get one of them. If youíre saying you wouldnít be bummed then you are lying to yourself.

This is the first time in a long time the Sox have stuck their noses in on prime free agents and have a legit shot.

Here are three things that are in their favor.

1. The AL Central sucks and Cleveland may not be done moving big pieces.

2. The Sox have a shitload of money to spend.

3. It seems that teams like the Cubs, Red Sox and a few other big time teams arenít involved in either. I donít know truly if the Yankees are going after Machado and have said point blank they arenít in on Harper. The Dodgers have to move money around to go after Harper and the Phillies are in the same spot as the White Sox.

Get it done JR, KW and Hahn.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I 100% want both guys. Iíll be ecstatic with one of them. My preference is Harper but Iíd be just as happy with Machado.

I will be 100% bummed if they donít get one of them. If youíre saying you wouldnít be bummed then you are lying to yourself.

This is the first time in a long time the Sox have stuck their noses in on prime free agents and have a legit shot.

Here are three things that are in their favor.

1. The AL Central sucks and Cleveland may not be done moving big pieces.

2. The Sox have a shitload of money to spend.

3. It seems that teams like the Cubs, Red Sox and a few other big time teams arenít involved in either. I donít know truly if the Yankees are going after Machado and have said point blank they arenít in on Harper. The Dodgers have to move money around to go after Harper and the Phillies are in the same spot as the White Sox.

Get it done JR, KW and Hahn.
    the whitesox lost 100 games in the worst division in baseball why would any big time star want go to a horrible team.. that has no chance of making the playoffs for years?

I will say this, when watching the Natural yesterday on MLB network, I was extremely mad when I saw the breaking news say that we acquired Alonso. I was so excited for the breaking news to be either Machado or Harper. That split second of getting my hopes up made it hard to sleep last night!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the whitesox lost 100 games in the worst division in baseball why would any big time star want go to a horrible team.. that has no chance of making the playoffs for years?
    For years?

I think we have a shot as early as 2020 and that's if we dont bring in any FAs to improve the club.

This roster wouldnt be great this early but the AL C is terrible now that the indians are shredding payroll....

1st: Abreu if resigned. If not probably Collins or Alonso if kept
    2nd: Madrigal
    SS: Anderson
    3rd: Moncada
    C: Selby/Collins
    OF: Jimenez/Robert and one of our other prospects that out plays the rest
    DH: Palka or Alonso if kept

SP:

Rodon
    Kopech (at some point)
    Cease
    Lopez
    Gio

Very young and most wont be studs right out the gate but to say we cannot make the playoffs in the AL C is not a given.

You obviously donít know what youíre talking about. But hey continue to be an uneducated fan. Itís OK.

Johnny NY, go back your own teams forum...troll

Have fun being the Red Sox ***** in that division.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920