Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who wins the Pacific?

How does the Pacific play out this season?

Sharks made the big splash with Karlsson and will have a full season out of Evander Kane plus Joe Thornton should be healthy (enough).

Kings brought in Kovalchuk. Who knows how that will play out. Plus will have a healthy Jeff Carter.

Flames made a lot of changes bringing in Neal and Lindholm plus have a healthy Mike Smith to start the season.

Vegas brought in Statsny and Pacioretty plus who really knows if they are as good as they were last year.

McDavid will be on a mission and they do have some good young wingers that could make that next step. Maybe Talbot has a bounceback season?

Ducks are always tough. I think Kesler will be back as healthy as possible. Not sure if Eaves is back too. Can't go wrong with their D and John Gibson between the pipes too.

Coyotes could make that next step. They have some good young players and sooner or later they should be competitive.

Canucks are brutal but still have some nice players up front in Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson.

How does the Pacific play out?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Definitely an intriguing division to watch but I see it playing out very similar to last season. Vegas will regress a tiny bit IMO but they should still be pretty damn good.

1. Sharks
    2. Golden Knights
    3. Ducks
    4. Kings
    5. Oilers
    6. Flames
    7. Coyotes
    8. Canucks

Sharks and Knights are the clear cut favorites for sure. The Kings are my darkhorses, it really depends on the health of Carter and what kind of impact Kovy has. The Ducks also have a very good roster, but will need to depend on getting hot at the right time to overtake the two teams above them.

Ducks lost Perry still don't have Eaves even though I don't believe he was that much of an impact forward, and Kesler is past his prime. VGK comes back down to reality. Flames and VGK will fight for that 3rd spot, I could see if their goaltending stays good them being the 3.

1) Sharks
    2) Kings
    3) VGK
    4) Flames
    5) Oilers
    6) Ducks
    7) Canucks
    8) Yotes.