Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Do the Oilers miss the playoffs....again?

Didn't really do much to bring in any help for McDavid because of atrocious cap management by Chia. That being said, McDavid is said to be focusing on scoring more this season, while any progression from Pulju, Yamamato could do wonders for the team's depth. Rattie has reportedly looked real good playing with McDavid and RNH on the top line as well.

The Pacific is pretty tough to judge. Do they make the playoffs or waste another year of McDavid?
    Discuss.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I absolutely believe they will miss the playoffs again.
    I don't think they will be much better than last season and they werent even very close.

They just don't have the depth needed. I was wrong about the Lucic and Sekera signings- I thought they would both be impact players for Edmonton, but they are definitely wasted cap space at this point. With the amount of money tied up in McDavid and Draisaitl (which could be argued as an overpay s well) they have to be hitting in the draft and with rebound signings/trades. I don't think they have the current front office that excels with that.

They need D and goaltending. I would argue trading Drai would be the smartest move they could make for a big current NHL package D or two...I just don't know who has that to give up.

I think they are a bubble team that probably misses.

Well it wasn't looking pretty, but since they fired McLennan and hired Hitchcock who has basically implemented the trap, the Oilers are 7-2-1 in their last 10. The Pacific is pretty bad this year, so I can definitely see them making the playoffs.

The Lost Boys of PSD

After beating the Coyotes to end a 6 game losing steak, the Oilers respond with a dismal performance and get spanked by the last place Kings. Basically do or die tonight. The Ducks have lost 7 straight and you have to imagine that another loss and Chiarelli will be loaded onto a catapult and fired far far away. It just can't get any worse.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I smell another #1 overall coming up for Edmonton
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Last night's game against Florida was a great illustration of the Oilers. Panthers leading in the 2nd, Oilers get one shot on a 5 on 3, McDavid scores at even strength immediately after with less than 20 seconds left in the period to tie the game. Less than five minutes to play in the 3rd, Panthers score off of two Oilers dmen to take the lead. McDavid scores with less than 10 seconds left to tie the game. McDavid with winning shot in shootout. McDavid is literally the Lebron James of the NHL.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Yeah he is. The team is god awful but he always shines