Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Personally i am more worried about RT than i am RB or WR. Massie is likely gone baring hin taking a pay cut to stay.

I think RB can technically wait (while i do agree it woulf be nice to get one who can contribute.) But we have 2 2nd next year. We may be able to get a really solid guy with that.

WR...... I just have a good amount of faith in Robinson Gavriel and Miller (especially this kid) will step up more with a year in the system. A year with the QB. Ect.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

My 2019 Bears off season throw shite at the wall mock (FA & Draft). The majority of our primary starters on our O & D are under contract for 2019.
    Between our own FA's I sacrificed Amos and kept Callahan who is among the top 5 NB's in the NFL.
    Needs: 1. RT starter 2. Safety starter 3. Kicker starter 4. OLB Depth 5. Future RG CAP available prior to cuts/contract modifications 51 top contracts leaves 19.7M plus Glennon's 2018 salary offset (2.5M) credited back = 22.2M

Cuts/restructures/conversions
    1. Cut Dion Sims (Always injured and not worth 6M) - 6M
    2. Cut Cody Parkey (Huge blunder by Pace as his choke in the playoffs plus hitting the upright in key games made for an atrocious year (We have to eat 5.1M dead cap) - 1.1M
    3. Cut Sam Acho (OLB depth should not ne a problem this year with quite a few edge defenders hitting the market) - 2.1M
    4. Convert 4.5M of Kyle Long's 2019 salary into a signing bonus spread out over 2019-21. 3M 22.2 + 12.2M = 34.4M CAP

Free Agency (Other team's FA's) - This year there are no big name home runs but rather diamonds in the rough with good upside other than Gould.
    1. Robbie Gould K - 3 years 10M with 5M guaranteed. Gives us a rock solid kicker and erases the huge blunder that was Parkey. 2019 CAP hit = 2M 32.2M left
    2. Clayton Geathers SS - 3 years 7.5M with 5M guaranteed. A decent alternative to Adrian Amos who unfortunately may ask for 5.5-6M per year. Geathers was strong in run support even though he only graded out #46 on PFF. Ed Donatell will be able to work with him and get him better in the box & as a blitzer under Pagano's aggresive schemes. 2019 Cap hit = 2.5M 29.7M left
    3. George Fant RT/OT - 3 years 9M 4.5M guaranteed. A somewhat raw OT who has seen time at both LT & RT. He can really be molded into a good to excellent tackle by Heistand. He often lined up as a blocking TE and has 1 TD reception. At the least he will give Coward excellent competition and can serve as the swing tackle or as a blocking TE. 2019 Cap hit = 1.5M 28.2M left
    4. Shane Ray OLB - 1 year 3M 2M guaranteed. Ray is this year's roll of the dice at OLB. He has been a big disappointment in Denver but I think a change of scenery under Pagano does him a world of good. Cap hit 2M 26.2 M left.

Our own FA's
    1. Bryce Callahan CB/NB - 4 years 30M 15M guaranteed. Bryce had a stellar year and is critical to our D in the age of high flying O's. We will have almost 35M sunk into the secondary position group but Bryce is critical and more valueable than Amos.The Phins gave Bobby McCain a 4/27M contract as quite possibly the best NB in fhe NFL during 2017. 2019 CAP = 8M 18.2M left.
    2. Rashaad Coward OT - 2 years 1.5M 750K guaranteed. Coward had an entire year to do reps with the 2nd team ans learn under Heistand. I think he makes really good strides and will challenge Fant for starting RT. 2019 CAP 500K 17.7M left.
    3. Josh Bellamy - WR/ST - 2 Years 4M 2M guaranteed. Belamy has been stout on ST but last year had a decent run of games as the 4th WR on the depth chart. I think he has another good 2 years in the tank and will give Trub an occasional target on 10-20 yard tnrows and in the Redzone. 2019 1M Cap hit 16.7M left.
    4. Roy Robertson- Harris DT - 3 Years 4.5M 2.5M guaranteed. He is a decent rotational piece who applies pressure and can occasionally collapse the run game alongside Hicks & Goldman. 2019 1.5M Cap hit 15.2M left.
    5. Ryan Witzmann RG/SG - 2 years 2M 1M guaranteed. Witzmann did ok filling in for Long for 5-6 games and can also play LG in a pinch. 2019 Cap hit 1M 14.2M left.
    6. Patrick Scales LS - 2 years 1.5M 750K guaranteed. Scales is a steady force on ST for pumt and FG snaps. 2019 Cap hit 700K 13.5M left
    7. Isaiah Irving OLB - 2 years 1.5M 500K guaranteed. Irving along with Fitts will battle for the 4th & 5th depth spots. Irving has upside. 2019 500K Cap hit 12.7M left.

Draft 12.7M left. We need 2.5-3M for our 5 draft slots (3rd-5th & 7th rounds and our 1st & 6th to Oak and our 2nd to NE due to trades).
    1. 3rd round pick 88 as of 12 Jan 19. With our pick we select Erik McCoy Teaxas A&M, who is 6.4 & 315 lbs. McCoy is as talented and well rounded as any interior offensive linemen in this class. He can play power or zone systems and pass and run block at a high level. He should step right into the league and start for a team from day one. With Heistand to coach him he should be able to replace Long as early as 2020. Long can then switch to swing guard. McCoy has a 2nd round grade in some mocks and that will depend on the Senior Bowl & Combine reports. We beef up the right side and will address a backup center in round 5.
    2. 4th round pick 120 as of 12 Jan 19. Pace has done incredibly well in the middle rounds and we select Cameron Smith from USC as an ILB. He is 6.2 and weighs 254 lbs. Smith is a solid inside linebacker who is a good run defender. He has improved his pass-coverage skills, but he is a bit stiff and slow to cover for the NFL. Smith will need more development to become a pro three-down starter. In 2018, he has 81 tackles with 7.5 for a loss and four passes broken up. He can be coached up by Glen Pires to be a 2-3 down starter by 2020.
    3. 5th round pick 152 as of 12 Jan 19. We select Connor McGovern who is a C from Penn State. He is 6.5 and weighs 315 lbs. He gets into position and lines up trap blocks well with his understanding of the play’s development and also fights well with excellent hand placement to go along with nice choppy feet. He is not overpowering by any means but he is very quick out of his stance and wins with leverage and speed on interior blocks. McGovern can anchor down but he can still be moved off his spot and needs to add more thickness to his frame to maximize his potential. Another project for Heistand.
    4. 7th round pick 216 we select JR Reed from Georgia who is a S (Hope he really slides to become a monster on ST). He is 6.1 and weighs 205 lbs. Plays with excellent controlled aggression. Sure tackler who throttles down and comes to balance, yet plays with active feet. Adjusts angles to the ball as needed. Good reads and fills against the run. Runs the alley with no hesitation. Strong identification of routes breaking in his zone and takes good angles to the football. Closing burst to the ball flashed several times in coverage. Patient in his footwork, reads receivers’ hips and reacts quickly. Sharp mental processor who is rarely caught out of position. Tough, physical and plays with an non-stop motor.

One WR I’d be interested in watching come 40 time will be TJ Vasher from Texas Tech. Listed at 6’6” I think he can be a mid round guy to keep an eye on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMaverick View Post
    One WR I’d be interested in watching come 40 time will be TJ Vasher from Texas Tech. Listed at 6’6” I think he can be a mid round guy to keep an eye on

Nate's nephew would be fun.

Number of good RB prospects that should be availible in the back end of the 3rd round.

I love Darell Henderson. He is a little smaller but has a solid 200 lb frame. And is so explosive. Seems to have some pass catching ability too.

Outside of him

Bryce Love
    Lamical Perine
    David Montgomery
    Treyveon Williams.

-Rem Koolhaas

I’d be extremely shocked if we used our first pick of the draft on a RB. They will ride out one more year of Howard and Cohen, maybe draft a guy later. I can actually see a scenario of Pace trading back some to gather more picks with the hopes to keep hitting on these late rounds picks that he has in the past few years.

IMO, again - that's all it is - Jordan Howard will be a Bear in 2019.
    His trade value is not high, so why give him away.
    He wasn't terrible when used, and most importantly he is in a contract year so he should be motivated.
    I'd still look for another back this off season, maybe it's his permanent replacement, maybe not. They can definitely do better than Mizzell and Cunningham.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I think alot depends on how our FA goes TBH. However i would not be surprised to see us draft one woth our first pick. Its not as if our first pick is in the first round here. Its a 3rd..... And a late one at that.

I get we have Howard and Cohen. But we can all admit Howard did not play like he should. And Cohen is not a between the tackles runner. I don't think it would be radical to think we prioritize getting a RB though. It provides depth. And an option should Howard not work our as hoped. Howard is in the last year of his deal and may be motivated. But why not have a fallback option either way.

I have said this B4 about howard. There are only 2 scenarios and neither i think has hin returning after next year. 1) he plays well and wants to get paid. (Money we cant afford) 2) he plays poorly and we need a replacement. So why not have that replacement waiting in the wings.

-Rem Koolhaas

I think alot depends on how our FA goes TBH. However i would not be surprised to see us draft one woth our first pick. Its not as if our first pick is in the first round here. Its a 3rd..... And a late one at that.

I get we have Howard and Cohen. But we can all admit Howard did not play like he should. And Cohen is not a between the tackles runner. I don't think it would be radical to think we prioritize getting a RB though. It provides depth. And an option should Howard not work our as hoped. Howard is in the last year of his deal and may be motivated. But why not have a fallback option either way.

I have said this B4 about howard. There are only 2 scenarios and neither i think has hin returning after next year. 1) he plays well and wants to get paid. (Money we cant afford) 2) he plays poorly and we need a replacement. So why not have that replacement waiting in the wings.

-Rem Koolhaas

Saw my first couple of mock drafts...does it seem to anyone else that the top end talent is lacking from this draft? I’m glad these weren’t the guys available last year at #8

I think priority going into the draft with our limited picks are K, CB, RT, Oline depth and RB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another name name to look out for at RB is Devin Singletary out of FAU. Will be 21 years old when he's drafted and had an ultra productive 2017 season with over 1,900 yards and 30+ TDs. Super elusive and very quick was 3rd in the nation in missed tackles according to PFF. 5'9" 200 so decent size and he's got above average speed.

After going back through and looking at all the RBs again I can say Singletary is my guy in this draft. Pace has gotten my two favorite players in the past two drafts with Trubisky then Miller so hopefully we can get Singletary this year.

Ryan Pace will definitely have to be creative in this years draft, based upon his history I feel pretty confident that he will.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    After going back through and looking at all the RBs again I can say Singletary is my guy in this draft. Pace has gotten my two favorite players in the past two drafts with Trubisky then Miller so hopefully we can get Singletary this year.
    I like him a lot. Montgomery from Iowa State too. I think they both have some explosiveness and the ability to break tackles that we need.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast