Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Way to pretend like the issues in that thread were due to more than one person and that that one person hadn't already fully deserved another set of infractions and a ban based on what they've posted in said thread since coming back from a little baby ban of a few days.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ...there's no talking sense in to mods after they've decided to infract/ban and you'll find no consistency in what they decide is punishable. Not only that but once you're on their radar, good luck ever getting the benefit of the doubt. Best you can do is avoid posters that you know have it out for you....and even that isn't always enough.
    I'll stick around because Ewing and others spoke up for me. but I wasn't impressed by the feedback here from the admin. Nothing was clarified and the only explanation was underwhelming. At best, perhaps a few people did some self-reflection and kept it to themselves. I'm at 20 points - I think you get perma-banned at 25. So, they'll get rid of me soon enough if they want - especially in the Mets forum where I am down 3 votes automatically.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-27-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I'll stick around because Ewing and others spoke up for me. but I wasn't impressed by the feedback here from the admin. Nothing was clarified and the only explanation was underwhelming. At best, perhaps a few people did some self-reflection and kept it to themselves. I'm at 20 points - I think you get perma-banned at 25. So, they'll get rid of me soon enough if they want - especially in the Mets forum where I am down 3 votes automatically.
    Thanks Dugmet. We appreciate you

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I like Dug.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I've gotten infractions for calling people fans of the Milwaukee Brewers, there over sensitive and obsessed with the feelings of small fan bases.

And then I stayed banned long after my ban was up because the site was ****ing up and they weren't helping me. I still don't know what caused it or how it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I've gotten infractions for calling people fans of the Milwaukee Brewers, there over sensitive and obsessed with the feelings of small fan bases.

And then I stayed banned long after my ban was up because the site was ****ing up and they weren't helping me. I still don't know what caused it or how it was fixed.
    That second part is false. When you originally told Rush that your ban wasn't lifting, he reported it and I took time out of my job to make sure nothing was wrong. Nothing indicated to me that you were still banned that evening when you decided to contact me. I further talked with you doing another busy day at my job to try and figure it out again. That is when I emailed my site contact to try and figure it out on their end.

I got a response when they were back in the office Monday morning, which I relayed to you as soon as I got it- again, taking time from my work day to do so- and informed you that there was an issue with Google Chrome browsers, and to try another one. You were using Chrome on your tablet, and told me you would try it from your work computer. After that, I never heard back from you (a thank you would've been nice, but I digress) and you were back to posting on your normal account.

It is also very frowned upon for me to use the internet at work for personal business, so I went out on a limb for you multiple times to try and get this resolved. I've also run my own forums, and owned my own forums, for over a decade, and I've never once encountered the situation you had, so I was legitimately stumped while trying to figure things out.

I never responded to you because I had continued to respond with Rush, since he was the one who got back to me the quickest.
    I still don't know what happened or how it was fixed.

Don't lie.

You came to me with the issue and I tried to undo the ban multiple ways, but they did not work. That is when I brought it to TT's attention who is more forum technically savvy and fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Don't lie.

You came to me with the issue and I tried to undo the ban multiple ways, but they did not work. That is when I brought it to TT's attention who is more forum technically savvy and fixed it.
    I personally emailed him through the site, I don't know when you did it, but I did it myself, and he didn't fix it. We still don't know what went wrong, let a lone how it got solved.

I personally emailed him through the site, I don't know when you did it, but I did it myself, and he didn't fix it. We still don't know what went wrong, let a lone how it got solved.
    I told you what went wrong- Chrome browser with SSL certificates. It wasn't your fault, and it wasn't the site's fault.

Ok. But don't act like we didn't try to solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Ok. But don't act like we didn't try to solve this issue.
    You did try to solve the issue, you didn't though, we don't know what caused it, or how it was fixed, it could have been what I suggested to you, but it could always happen again later to someone else.

You did try to solve the issue, you didn't though, we don't know what caused it, or how it was fixed, it could have been what I suggested to you, but it could always happen again later to someone else.
    I told you what caused the issue, and I never heard back from you via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I told you what caused the issue, and I never heard back from you via PM.
    No, you didn't, I just went back and looked at the messages we sent, you suggested using another browser. That wasn't you telling me what was wrong, that was you making a guess, and it didn't work.
    That's why I didn't get back to you.

No, you didn't, I just went back and looked at the messages we sent, you suggested using another browser. That wasn't you telling me what was wrong, that was you making a guess, and it didn't work.
    That's why I didn't get back to you.
    That was actually the answer that I got from the folks who run the site, there was an issue with Chrome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast