Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    0-2 and they came out fighting with something to prove. It was a great win but weíre ****ed next week.

This offense is nice but weíre not designed to get into a shootout with Brees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah really hope Apple and ov are back finally

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wheeler had a phenomenal game IMO. He went against one of the best players in the NFL and he actually held his own for the most part. We all knew Watt would get his but he didn't get it every single possession. Big difference between him and Flowers, who just seemed to give it to Lawrence last week every time out there.
    Love the optimism, but saying wheeler had a phenomenal game is pushing it. He had a really solid first half, but he also gave up 3 sacks in the second. Still good that heís in the lineup and at least he didnít commit any (I think) penalties so Iím satisfied, but he still needs to improve to make sure heís our starting tackle again next year.

Btw, if you wanna talk about phenomenal games of our oline then give solder credit though. Pretty much negated Clowney all game

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    0-2 and they came out fighting with something to prove. It was a great win but weíre ****ed next week.

This offense is nice but weíre not designed to get into a shootout with Brees.

Why? I mean, I know most recent impressions usually weigh heavily on people's mind in this league, but Fitzpatrick basically destroyed them, while Cleveland made it as close of a game as possible with Tyrod starting, so I don't buy this notion that they're somehow completely out of our reach.

Plus we're not playing on their turf, so this doesn't have to turn into a shootout.

I say great win, even though I only caught glimpses of the game, and it proves that we're not last year's team and could still pose a threat. I'm riding this positive vibe heading into next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Love the optimism, but saying wheeler had a phenomenal game is pushing it. He had a really solid first half, but he also gave up 3 sacks in the second. Still good that heís in the lineup and at least he didnít commit any (I think) penalties so Iím satisfied, but he still needs to improve to make sure heís our starting tackle again next year.

Btw, if you wanna talk about phenomenal games of our oline then give solder credit though. Pretty much negated Clowney all game
    Wheeler had a hard task and he held up for the most part. Yes Watt had 3 sacks and a lot of big tackles, but compared to what Lawrence did to us last week.... I'd consider this as phenomenal.

We all saw how good Barkley looked when the O-line actually got some push and opened up a few running lanes. And then watching him catch that go route on the final drive was like watching a wide receiver go to work.

Barkley can be a really special player and has absolutely lived up to the hype. I don't regret not taking a QB. By no means does that mean that we don't need to draft a QB now. It's obviously going to be a huge priority regardless of what type of season Eli has. But, if we can sure up the right side of the O-line, whoever our next franchise QB is will have some great weapons to work with. At least the left side of the line looks pretty good. I'm happy with the stability Solder has provided and Hernandez looks like a keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Regardless of how you want to judge Wheeler, I think we can all agree that he did light years better than how Flowers probably would have done. Wheeler had a few nice blocks in the run game (Barkley's TD run and some other runs to that side) and he had some good moments as a pass blocker. He did get beat physically a few times against Watt, but that's expected. Also perhaps most importantly, no ill timed penalties from him.

He looks better than Flowers in just about every way and that's all I care about.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 09-24-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

The Saints are tough, but the good news is that we're home. Brees is human outside the dome and their pass defense has been brutal this year. Maybe we have a chance if we can protect Eli again.

I have no idea how we are going to cover Kamara.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Why? I mean, I know most recent impressions usually weigh heavily on people's mind in this league, but Fitzpatrick basically destroyed them, while Cleveland made it as close of a game as possible with Tyrod starting, so I don't buy this notion that they're somehow completely out of our reach.

Plus we're not playing on their turf, so this doesn't have to turn into a shootout.

I say great win, even though I only caught glimpses of the game, and it proves that we're not last year's team and could still pose a threat. I'm riding this positive vibe heading into next week.
    The offense looks better, but the oline still had some very big issues when the D sent more than 4 rushers. That stands out on tape and the Saints will be fine to blitz on every play. And the Shurmur offense is still leaning pretty conservative and there's no secret that we need to control TOP and keep Brees off the field. I just think, as usual, it's a very tough matchup for us to keep up with.

That said, the grand equalizer with Brees is ALWAYS getting him outside on the road. Nice to not be in NO for this one. But our coverage on defense needs to be perfect this game. Brees is gonna read every blitz, so our DBs need to hold man coverage against some really tough WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I have no idea how we are going to cover Kamara.
    Hoping we just stick LC on him all game. He's gonna be up on the line blitzing or showing blitz the whole game anyway, so he may as well cover their best weapon.

Vernon injury is brutal. We really needed him to contain Watson last week and we REALLY need him on Brees and Kamara this week. Even if he were to play, doubtful, I gotta believe he's on a low snap count and at 70% with that hammy injury.

I wonder if the coaching staff will give Flowers some looks at RG in practice. Itís not like Omameh has impressed, and Flowers is probably best suited as a run blocking mauler.

Sometimes competition actually brings out the best in people. Curious to see what happens.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I wonder if the coaching staff will give Flowers some looks at RG in practice. Itís not like Omameh has impressed, and Flowers is probably best suited as a run blocking mauler.

Sometimes competition actually brings out the best in people. Curious to see what happens.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Dude clearly cannot handle edge rushers. But he's also a massive body who was getting bull rushed in the first 2 games. So I'm not sure he can handle DTs either. Plus, any DC is just gonna throw some stunts at him on every play and watch him get lost.

Omameh hasn't been an all pro, but he's playing smart and right now that matters more.

Love how Greco stepped up.

And BTW let's not get too comfy with Wheeler just yet. Solid game, but let's be sure he's consistent for a few weeks.

Omameh was the highest graded OL-man this past game. He looked trashy the first two games but he has been average his entire career. All this team needs from him is average. He looked good against the Texans solid front.

Playing next to flowers could not have been easy for him. New system, new lineman to his right and left. I'm willing to give him more games.

Flowers belongs on the bench. But honestly, he doesn't even belong on the team. He's trash.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Omameh was the highest graded OL-man this past game. He looked trashy the first two games but he has been average his entire career. All this team needs from him is average. He looked good against the Texans solid front.

Playing next to flowers could not have been easy for him. New system, new lineman to his right and left. I'm willing to give him more games.

Flowers belongs on the bench. But honestly, he doesn't even belong on the team. He's trash.
    I thought firemen were supposed to put out fires, not start them

I'm curious to see Flower's workout regimen. All the complaints about him not bending must mean he skips out on leg days.

He should start being workout buddies with Barkley. 500 lbs Squats 5 days a week should do the trick.
    IF not, his abdomen would need some serious attention then
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah cuz thereís no way to grab a QB next year that can be the franchise guy. Only top 10 picks become franchise guys. Thatís it if you arenít top 10 your ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I thought firemen were supposed to put out fires, not start them

I'm curious to see Flower's workout regimen. All the complaints about him not bending must mean he skips out on leg days.

He should start being workout buddies with Barkley. 500 lbs Squats 5 days a week should do the trick.
    IF not, his abdomen would need some serious attention then
    He skips out on giving a **** classes. Guy just doesn't seem to want to improve. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He skips out on giving a **** classes. Guy just doesn't seem to want to improve. IMO.
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah cuz thereís no way to grab a QB next year that can be the franchise guy. Only top 10 picks become franchise guys. Thatís it if you arenít top 10 your ****ed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast