Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    ***Prospect Update***

Updates on notable prospects in the Leafs system and an update on all 2018 draft picks.

2014 Draft

F Pierre Engvall 7th round 188th overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 47GP 13G, 8A, 21pts

2015 Draft

F Jeremy Bracco 2nd round 61st overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 50GP 14G, 35A, 49pts

F Dmytro Timashov 5th round 125th overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 48GP 5G, 26A, 31pts

2016 Draft

F Yegor Korshkov 2nd round 31st overall
    Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (KHL) 17GP 3G, 2A, 5pts

G Joseph Woll 3rd round 62nd overall
    Boston College (H-East) 26GP 2.39GAA, 0.919SV%, 9-14-3 record

D J.D. Greenway 3rd round 72nd overall
    Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 40GP 5G, 20A, 25pts

F Adam Brooks 4th round 92nd overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 38GP 10G, 10A, 20pts

D Keaton Middleton 4th round 101st overall
    San Jose (AHL) 43GP, 5G, 7A, 12pts

2017 Draft

D Timothy Liljegren 1st round 17th overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 20GP 2G, 6A, 8pts

D Eemelie Rasanen 2nd round 59th overall
    Jokerit-Helsinki (KHL) 9GP 1G, 0A, 1pt
    Kiekko-Vanta(Mestis) 5GP 0G, 1A, 1pt

G Ian Scott 4th round 110th overall
    Prince Albert Raiders (WHL) 39GP 1.91GAA, .932SV%, 31-6-2 record

2018 Draft

D Rasmus Sandin 1st round 29th overall
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 22GP 5G, 6A, 11pts

F Semyon Der-Arguchintsev 3rd round 76th overall
    Peterborough Petes (OHL) 48 GP 6G, 30A, 36pts

F Riley Stotts 3rd round 83rd overall
    Calgary Hitmen (WHL) 49GP 18G, 27A, 45pts

D Mac Hollowell 4th round 118th overall
    Soo Greyhounds (OHL) 51GP 21G, 44A, 65pts

D Filip Kral 5th round 149th overall
    Spokane Chiefs (WHL) 34GP 6G, 17A, 23pts

F Pontus Holmberg 6th round 156th overall
    Vaxjo-HC (SweHL) 36GP 3G, 4A, 7pts

G Zachary Bouthillier 7th round 209th overall
    Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL) 22GP 3.36GAA, .889SV%, 9-7-1 record
    St. John Seadogs (QMJHL) 11GP 4.87GAA, .879SV%, 3-5-0 record

F Semyon Kizimov 7th round 211th overall
    Ladia Togliatti (MHL) 45GP 4G, 10A, 14pts

Undrafted

F Trevor Moore
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 41GP 21G, 13A, 34pts

F Mason Marchment
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 40GP 11G, 12A, 23pts

D Calle Rosen
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 48GP 6G, 33A, 39pts

Andreas Borgman
    Toronto Marlies (AHL) 38GP 4G, 11A, 15pts
    I havent even read it yet, but just seeing this excites me lol.

Didn't realise bracco was having a break out season. He could play on one of the wings soon.

What a gem Trevor Moore is. Beauty find.

Rosen and borgman might actually be an upgrade from gardiner and zaitsev soon.

What's the scouting report on hollowell?

Really excited for the lilj + sandin pairing in a couple years.

Had high hopes for Der-Arguchintsev but wasn't he the youngest in the draft? He could still break out next season.

Adam Brooks could be another brown if he improves next season.

Pleased with the goaltending depth still.

It's so hard to tell with these khl guys... hoping korshkov can pull a jonnson when he comes over. He was a weird pick.

We should have 2 spots opening up on the d next season right?

Gardiner and hainsey?

Assuming they promote from within, who do you think gets those spots?

Morgan-muzzin
    Zaitsev-dermott
    Oz-rosen?

I'm assuming lilj and sandin get top line minutes in the A next season.

Rielly- ?
    Muzzin- Dermott
    Rosen- ?/Zaitsev

Gardiner is good as gone because of the cap. I think Dubas tries hard to trade Zaitsev. Might have to attach a prospect or pick just to move him. I'm fine with Rosen on the 3rd pair. They need to find a capable top 4, preferably top 2 D with a right shot. Wont be easy. I wouldn't even bother putting Liljegren or Sandin up next year unless they just play too well not to. I think it's best they play heavy minutes in the AHL next year. Hopefully healthy all year too.

Der-Arguchintsev is the definition of a boom or bust pick. (I know most picks are.) He's incredibly skilled. He's a long ways away.

Hallowell is either 1st or 2nd in scoring for D in the OHL. I get some OHL games on my sports package but I've only seen him play 2 or 3 times. He's a pretty good player but he's one of the older players in that league so gotta take that into consideration. JaysLeafs98 probably knows more about him than I do.

Bracco could be a cheap player they use to play in the top 9 if they end up having to trade a guy. Or as a good chip in a trade. I just would really hate to lose Kapanen or Johnsson. They're such solid players.

Rielly- ?
    Muzzin- Dermott
    Rosen- ?/Zaitsev

Gardiner is good as gone because of the cap. I think Dubas tries hard to trade Zaitsev. Might have to attach a prospect or pick just to move him. I'm fine with Rosen on the 3rd pair. They need to find a capable top 4, preferably top 2 D with a right shot. Wont be easy. I wouldn't even bother putting Liljegren or Sandin up next year unless they just play too well not to. I think it's best they play heavy minutes in the AHL next year. Hopefully healthy all year too.

Der-Arguchintsev is the definition of a boom or bust pick. (I know most picks are.) He's incredibly skilled. He's a long ways away.

Hallowell is either 1st or 2nd in scoring for D in the OHL. I get some OHL games on my sports package but I've only seen him play 2 or 3 times. He's a pretty good player but he's one of the older players in that league so gotta take that into consideration. JaysLeafs98 probably knows more about him than I do.

Bracco could be a cheap player they use to play in the top 9 if they end up having to trade a guy. Or as a good chip in a trade. I just would really hate to lose Kapanen or Johnsson. They're such solid players.
    Hollowell is having a great year and he's taking a Ray Bourque approach to shooting. He's on pace to top 80 points and I think only 7 d-men have done that since 2000. It's a crapshoot though because Ellis is the only one that's truly a star. He destroyed worlds in junior.

We'll have to wait and see how he does with the Marlies before making a judgement call on him.

On SDA, he was the youngest player in last years draft, and he doesn't turn 19 until September 15th. Next year is the year he'll be expected to break out and dominate.
    Last edited by JaysLeafs98; 02-17-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We should have 2 spots opening up on the d next season right?

Gardiner and hainsey?

Assuming they promote from within, who do you think gets those spots?

Morgan-muzzin
    Zaitsev-dermott
    Oz-rosen?

I'm assuming lilj and sandin get top line minutes in the A next season.
    Hoping we move Zaitsev, so I'd expect this as a base:

Rielly-?
    Muzzin-?
    Dermott-Holl/Rosen
    Holl/Rosen

Hopefully we can upgrade both spots on the right side and then Sandin/Liljegren push at some point next year.

Bracco third in the AHL with 54 points. First in assists. (39)

Leafs sign D Mac Hollowell to a 3 year entry level contract. 20 year old drafted in the 4th round(118th) in 2018. Leafs the OHL in scoring by a defenceman. 72 points for the Soo Greyhounds.

Leafs sign D Mac Hollowell to a 3 year entry level contract. 20 year old drafted in the 4th round(118th) in 2018. Leafs the OHL in scoring by a defenceman. 72 points for the Soo Greyhounds.
    Will this roll over to a 3 year contract starting next season? Or did we burn a year here?

Will this roll over to a 3 year contract starting next season? Or did we burn a year here?
    Looks like it starts next year according to cap friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Looks like it starts next year according to cap friendly.
    The elc's are getting more and more confusing to me. For example - I think we still have 3 years on the elc for lilj after this season for some reason. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If keeping a guy in the A buys us an extra year of elc then that is a huge win for this franchise's philosophy.

The elc's are getting more and more confusing to me. For example - I think we still have 3 years on the elc for lilj after this season for some reason. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If keeping a guy in the A buys us an extra year of elc then that is a huge win for this franchise's philosophy.
    It's only for underaged players where it carries over to the next season.

Guys that play in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL have to return to their junior teams, but guys that have contracts with teams in Europe can play in the AHL at 18.

Once they're 20 or play more than 9 games in an NHL season, that ELC kicks in. Until then the contract slides each year. This is a huge benefit to us since that makes Liljegren and Sandin expansion draft protected as long as we don't call them up this year.

You also get 5 years of cost control on these players as well which helps offset the big 3 with the only real crunch coming next year.

Leafs are close to signing 2016 2nd round pick (31st overall) F Yegor Korshkov to an ELC. He's an interesting prospect.

Leafs are close to signing 2016 2nd round pick (31st overall) F Yegor Korshkov to an ELC. He's an interesting prospect.
    Finally! I've been so curious about this guy ever since he was drafted. Doesn't look like he's done very much in Russia. Hopefully he still has some ceiling left.

Finally! I've been so curious about this guy ever since he was drafted. Doesn't look like he's done very much in Russia. Hopefully he still has some ceiling left.
    I wouldn't read too much into a young players production over seas. Typically young players don't see great ice time or opportunity because it's given to older players rightfully or wrongfully. He projects to be a top 9 forward with physical attributes. Key word "projects".

Don't look now but former Leaf prospect Carl Grundstrom has 2 goals in his first two 2 NHL games with LA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast