Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Leafs reportedly looking at college free agent defenceman Joseph Duszak. Duszak is a 21 year old right shot. From Franklin Square, New York. 5'10 185 lbs. 16 goals, 31 assists for 47 points in 37 games for Mercyhurst College. Never seen him play before, never heard of him before.

Usually if a college player can put up over a ppg then they can become something in the nhl from what I've seen. A ppg player in college can be a decent nhl player like bozak, or 2ppg player you're looking at st.louis. This guy being a defensmen who put up 47 in 37 has me thinking big and I want him at any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Usually if a college player can put up over a ppg then they can become something in the nhl from what I've seen. A ppg player in college can be a decent nhl player like bozak, or 2ppg player you're looking at st.louis. This guy being a defensmen who put up 47 in 37 has me thinking big and I want him at any cost.
    I think it's wise to target the highest end of college FA's as well. But for every Bozak there's hundreds of guys that never pan out. Bozak is actually the best college FA signing in probably the past 20 years. It never hurts to take a shot if you've got the roster opening.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I think it's wise to target the highest end of college FA's as well. But for every Bozak there's hundreds of guys that never pan out. Bozak is actually the best college FA signing in probably the past 20 years. It never hurts to take a shot if you've got the roster opening.
    St. Louis dude. St. Louis.... Best college FA ever imo.

St. Louis dude. St. Louis.... Best college FA ever imo.
    That was actually 20 years ago on the nuts now that I looked lol. So Bozak is in the past 10 or 15. He was a good player not a Hall of Fame type like St. Louis. Curtis Joseph and Ed Belfour went undrafted too I believe.

Could probably find a ton of goalies that went undrafted.

Leafs officially sign D Joseph Duszak to a 2 year ELC. Contract won't kick in until next season. He signed an amateur tryout contract with the Marlies for the rest of this season and will report to the team this week.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs officially sign D Joseph Duszak to a 2 year ELC. Contract won't kick in until next season. He signed an amateur tryout contract with the Marlies for the rest of this season and will report to the team this week.
    2nd highest point total in the past 10 years in the NCAA for defensemen, 2nd highest PPG as well. Looks at the very least to be a fringe NHLer going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    2nd highest point total in the past 10 years in the NCAA for defensemen, 2nd highest PPG as well. Looks at the very least to be a fringe NHLer going forward.
    2 high scoring dmen in the Marlies to push lilj and sandin. Absolutely love it.

Who was the top scoring ncaa dman? Did he pan out?

2 high scoring dmen in the Marlies to push lilj and sandin. Absolutely love it.

Who was the top scoring ncaa dman? Did he pan out?
    Highest point total was Brendan Smith (NYR) in 09/10 and he has over 400 games in the NHL so I'd say yes.

Durzak had more points than Jake Gardiner, Nate Schmidt, Justin Schultz, and had more than Cale Makar this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123