Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Oh dear, you'd never get Doughty or Pietrangelo for Nylander. Maybe I think less of Nylander than people here, but big time defensemen are still much harder to acquire than young 60 point wingers.

Your under valuing him. This is a young 21 year old star for future years to come. This is the type of player you build around or with. Doughty is 28. Doughty is on record saying it would be special to play for the leafs. A sign and trade is very possible here if doughty gives that blessing. I agree we would have to throw something else into the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well the offer was Gardiner + Nylander. To get one of those good guys you would need to add picks and maybe a spec but the real hard part is that the team would have to want to move them.
    It wouldnít be Gardner.. I just think to make a run this year you need him as well. Gardnerís camp will want 5 plus in the off season

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Gardiner? I personally wouldn't be interested in bringing him back at his existing cap hit.
    I think he is a liabilty a the most crucial times of the game. No thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Your under valuing him. This is a young 21 year old star for future years to come. This is the type of player you build around or with. Doughty is 28. Doughty is on record saying it would be special to play for the leafs. A sign and trade is very possible here if doughty gives that blessing. I agree we would have to throw something else into the deal.
    Nylander is 23 and doughty already signed an extension.

Oh, I think you way overvalue him . He is a complimentary piece, most certainly not someone you build around. Also, see post above.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nylander is 23 and doughty already signed an extension.
    Sorry 23.. ok yes Iím well aware of the extension and once again that is why a sign and trade looks really doable here more so with la rebuilding and doughtys blessing. I wonít rule it out. The leafs have interest in him Iím sure of that.

Oh, I think you way overvalue him . He is a complimentary piece, most certainly not someone you build around. Also, see post above.
    The browser or this website keeps giving me problems. Am I the only one?

My typing slows down

Sorry 23.. ok yes Iím well aware of the extension and once again that is why a sign and trade looks really doable here more so with la rebuilding and doughtys blessing. I wonít rule it out. The leafs have interest in him Iím sure of that.
    Would I love to trade Nylander for doughty? Of course.

But it's not going to happen.

Only 21 ACTIVE players have had back-to-back 60 point seasons through their age 21 seasons. Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid,Stamkos, Kane, Kopitar, Laine, Kovalchuk, Tavares, Backstrom, Malkin, Thornton, Bergeron, Toews, Gaborik, Monahan, F.Forsberg, Ehlers, Pastrnak, MARNER, NYLANDER.

Maybe don't trade Nylander...

Was just thinking about how great it is that Montreal has 1/3 of the cap tied up in Weber and Price. Compared to the same amount likely going to Tavares/Matthews lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Only 21 ACTIVE players have had back-to-back 60 point seasons through their age 21 seasons. Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid,Stamkos, Kane, Kopitar, Laine, Kovalchuk, Tavares, Backstrom, Malkin, Thornton, Bergeron, Toews, Gaborik, Monahan, F.Forsberg, Ehlers, Pastrnak, MARNER, NYLANDER.

Maybe don't trade Nylander...
    I don't think we'd ever get enough back. He's not untouchable but the return would need to be heavy.

Nylander is, at-best, a 80 point one dimensional selfish player who wants NOTHING to do with any physical play. His value is no where near a stud #1 dman on his own.

At this point, with his constant injuries, I would seriously throw some feelers around re: Matthews. Do you really want to pay a guy 12-13 million/year to sit out 15-20 games per year because he can't take a hit?

It's have to be a can't miss deal, but I would definitely listen if I were Dubas...Matthews has the makings of Lupul syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    At this point, with his constant injuries, I would seriously throw some feelers around re: Matthews. Do you really want to pay a guy 12-13 million/year to sit out 15-20 games per year because he can't take a hit?

It's have to be a can't miss deal, but I would definitely listen if I were Dubas...Matthews has the makings of Lupul syndrome.
    I'm not at the point where I'd entertain trading Matthews. Last year I didn't worry about the injury bug. Kinda figured it was a one off. But now with the shoulder problems I'm concerned. I went through hell with my left shoulder until I had surgery and even now my shoulder will never be the same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast