Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2018/19 Trade Ideas Thread

Post all of your trade ideas for this season. Do we finally pull the trigger on a D man this year?

Many of my predictions have been pretty close over the past couple years re: this team...at least with the end-results. If can guarantee you with everything in me that if they do not acquire a true #1 or 2 Dman, then they will be a 110-112 point regular season team...but lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the P.O.'s.

You can copy and save this into a future file, and paste in the May P.O. thread.

Getting out of the first round would still be a successful season to me. I don't think they'll trade for a D but I think lilj plays himself onto the team by the end of the season and they have some solid, young, high potential pairings. I think zaitsev has a bounce back season.
    Reilly/zaitsev
    Lilj/sandin
    Dermott/?
    Hainsey.

I would try to pry Dougie Hamilton from Carolina because they arenít going anywhere and could be overpaid with a huge hockey deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I would try to pry Dougie Hamilton from Carolina because they arenít going anywhere and could be overpaid with a huge hockey deal.
    They gave up Hanifin and Lindholm to get him, he's not going anywhere. TvR or Faulk might be available but at that price I'd rather see what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    They gave up Hanifin and Lindholm to get him, he's not going anywhere. TvR or Faulk might be available but at that price I'd rather see what we have.
    GM just got the interim tag taken off. Hamilton already has reputation in the league for overstaying his welcome. Carolina doesn't have enough good forwards. I can see him gone by the deadline. A hockey deal could happen between both these teams, especially since the Marlies and pipeline are so deep.

It's better than trying to get Duncan Keith on a retained salary deal from a struggling Chicago team if Crawford doesn't come back and they look the same like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    GM just got the interim tag taken off. Hamilton already has reputation in the league for overstaying his welcome. Carolina doesn't have enough good forwards. I can see him gone by the deadline. A hockey deal could happen between both these teams, especially since the Marlies and pipeline are so deep.

It's better than trying to get Duncan Keith on a retained salary deal from a struggling Chicago team if Crawford doesn't come back and they look the same like last year.
    Not arguing your take. Just wondering what we give up in each deal.

I don't post here often. I'm a huge hockey fan, less of a Leafs fan over the years (yet so excited over the past couple years). Just gonna throw this out there. I know Montreal and Toronto shouldn't be allowed to make trades...

Shea Weber for Jake Gardiner and William Nylander

The combined contracts for the two will surpass what Weber makes easily. Rather than taking two players in the 6-8 million world on a team that can't afford it, maybe a veteran defensive D with a huge shot for 8 million (for longer term than anyone would like) and someone like Andreas Johnsson/Jeremy Bracco for a much lower cost that allows you to resign Marner and Matthews without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't post here often. I'm a huge hockey fan, less of a Leafs fan over the years (yet so excited over the past couple years). Just gonna throw this out there. I know Montreal and Toronto shouldn't be allowed to make trades...

Shea Weber for Jake Gardiner and William Nylander

The combined contracts for the two will surpass what Weber makes easily. Rather than taking two players in the 6-8 million world on a team that can't afford it, maybe a veteran defensive D with a huge shot for 8 million (for longer term than anyone would like) and someone like Andreas Johnsson/Jeremy Bracco for a much lower cost that allows you to resign Marner and Matthews without issue.

Never in a million years shea is 33 years old. Forget it.

If Iím going to trade an established young star pedigree at the age of 21 I sure as hell better have Alex Pietrangelo or drew Doughty coming back. I can swallow 27/28 years of age hitting there prime. Not 33

Tired of turning down Weber trade proposals but legit I would never ever EVER take that burden off of Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Never in a million years shea is 33 years old. Forget it.

If Iím going to trade an established young star pedigree at the age of 21 I sure as hell better have Alex Pietrangelo or drew Doughty coming back. I can swallow 27/28 years of age hitting there prime. Not 33
    Oh dear, you'd never get Doughty or Pietrangelo for Nylander. Maybe I think less of Nylander than people here, but big time defensemen are still much harder to acquire than young 60 point wingers.

Well the offer was Gardiner + Nylander. To get one of those good guys you would need to add picks and maybe a spec but the real hard part is that the team would have to want to move them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well the offer was Gardiner + Nylander. To get one of those good guys you would need to add picks and maybe a spec but the real hard part is that the team would have to want to move them.
    Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Gardiner? I personally wouldn't be interested in bringing him back at his existing cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Gardiner? I personally wouldn't be interested in bringing him back at his existing cap hit.
    I think he's worth the 4-4.5. I think he's a piece of a really good defense. I wouldn't give him more then that though. And only 4 years. He has all the skills to be a top D but he is missing something between the ears. I wouldn't trust that he will stay motivated or take a next step so I would keep the term short.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think he's worth the 4-4.5. I think he's a piece of a really good defense. I wouldn't give him more then that though. And only 4 years. He has all the skills to be a top D but he is missing something between the ears. I wouldn't trust that he will stay motivated or take a next step so I would keep the term short.
    It is probably his value, I'm not comfortable with the idea of paying him his value. He leaves a lot to be desired defensively. Eventually we'll have guys like Liljegren, Dermott, Sandin able to replace some of what he gives. If we are to spend on depth defensemen, I'd prefer to see veteran guys that are stronger defensively (ie. the Hainsey signing was a good example of that).

If we are likely to have 30+ million tied up in Marner/Tavares/Matthews depth players need to be cheaper. Thankfully Rielly's deal is a steal for the next 4 years.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 10-12-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast