Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2018/19 Roster Moves/Injury Thread

For call ups, send downs and injury news.

Former 2nd rounder Korshkov injured in Russia. Shoulder injury. Could be out until late November or early December.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Former 2nd rounder Korshkov injured in Russia. Shoulder injury. Could be out until late November or early December.
    Dude has no luck with that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Dude has no luck with that stuff
    Yeah I know. Last year the same. It sucks to see him set back. He and Grundstrom are guys I'm banking on being big physical wingers in a year or two.

Pickard and McElhinney both claimed off waivers.

Pickard and McElhinney both claimed off waivers.
    Surprised to be honest, thought they would both have more value if they'd cleared due to the ability to send them up and down afterwards. Leafs were probably banking on that too.

Oh well, we kept the youngest guy. Kaskisuo was great for Chicago on his loan last year, he'll probably do well on a much better Marlies team.

Brace yourself. 4 weeks without Matthews.

I honestly don't see a resolution in site for the Nylander situation. What do you guys think the chances he sits out the year are?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I honestly don't see a resolution in site for the Nylander situation. What do you guys think the chances he sits out the year are?
    Would be stupid if the reason for holding out is money related. you cost yourself the extra 6-7M you wanted on the deal by missing out on a whole year. Sure he could make up some of that playing in Sweden or something, but is it really worth missing out on playing in the NHL over? I don't think so.

If the reason for holding out is something else then I'm sure we'll hear about it in the coming weeks.

I think Nylander's father is a big part of it although I have no facts to back that. Just speculation. His father changed teams 7 times and was a nightmare to negotiate with.

I think Nylander's father is a big part of it although I have no facts to back that. Just speculation. His father changed teams 7 times and was a nightmare to negotiate with.
    Didnt he also change agents 3 or 4 times as well? His dad is a huge factor.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Didnt he also change agents 3 or 4 times as well? His dad is a huge factor.
    Yup he did flip agents that often. Oddly enough I remember reading some scouting reports during Nylander's draft year where some scouts brought up the father factor.

I could be totally wrong but I think Nylander will go right up to December 1st to maximize a bridge deal. Can't see them working out a 6-8 year deal now.