Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kind of a duster line up tonight. Johnsson, Lindholm and Kapanen the top line.

Trevor Moore getting a hell of a chance with JT and Marner tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Trevor Moore getting a hell of a chance with JT and Marner tonight.
    I like Moores game, Leivo better pot a couple tonight with Moore and Timashov drawing praise from Babcock today. Roster decisions coming.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
    Leivo-Kadri-Brown
    Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
    Gauthier-Ennis-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Rosen-Ozhiganov
    Dermott-Holl-Marincin-Carrick

Andersen
    Sparks
    McElhinney

-forwards seem pretty set once Nylander signs, Moore goes down, Hopefully Leivo plays over Ennis.

-I wish we could move Hainsey and Mac. Tough decisions to be made on D but Hainsey has looked his age so far this year and you just know Babcock will ride him hard without Polak here this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    I like Moores game, Leivo better pot a couple tonight with Moore and Timashov drawing praise from Babcock today. Roster decisions coming.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
    Leivo-Kadri-Brown
    Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
    Gauthier-Ennis-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Rosen-Ozhiganov
    Dermott-Holl-Marincin-Carrick

Andersen
    Sparks
    McElhinney

-forwards seem pretty set once Nylander signs, Moore goes down, Hopefully Leivo plays over Ennis.

-I wish we could move Hainsey and Mac. Tough decisions to be made on D but Hainsey has looked his age so far this year and you just know Babcock will ride him hard without Polak here this year.
    Moore is an energy bomb. I'm just so pumped to watch this PP.

Not so pumped about the PK outta the gate. Kapanen and Johnsson have to step up. It's expected of them. It's audition time.

The guy I really haven't liked is Lindholm... wish Aaltonen would have stuck around.

and Hainsey looks.... 40 and thats not good.

The defense really concerns me but that PP unit ia scary. I don't think Babs will stick with it but it's crazy that he has those options.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The defense really concerns me but that PP unit ia scary. I don't think Babs will stick with it but it's crazy that he has those options.

Rosen and Ozhiganov look bad too. as well as Hainsey.

Rielly-Carrick
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Dermott-Holl
    Hainsey

This is a *****fest.

Rosen and Ozhiganov look bad too. as well as Hainsey.

Rielly-Carrick
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Dermott-Holl
    Hainsey
    Ozhiganov looked good early. Both had too many turnovers.

The Leafs won on talent on tonight. No jump to their step and got out worked.

Marner was fantastic. I haven't seen much preseason action but Tavares has looked sloppy out there. Also looks slow but I know he's not much of a skater. I have no doubt that he is going to have a very good season, just thought I point it out. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself. It feels like he's over thinking a bit.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Ozhiganov looked good early. Both had too many turnovers.

The Leafs won on talent on tonight. No jump to their step and got out worked.

Marner was fantastic. I haven't seen much preseason action but Tavares has looked sloppy out there. Also looks slow but I know he's not much of a skater. I have no doubt that he is going to have a very good season, just thought I point it out. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself. It feels like he's over thinking a bit.

Tavares was wearing a non-contact jersey at practise, might be sick or hurting a bit. Probably nothing serious but probably not 100% tonight.

That could explain it. We know who Tavares is and I'm not worried at all about his play, just doesn't look himself right now.

In terms of team play, the stretch passes are killing me. The forwards need to do a better job supporting the defense but I've been saying this forever.

I really think they should give Engvall a serious look.

Capfriendly posted something i was dying to see today: https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...15053539545088

it has to do with signing Nylander. I was wondering what would happen if he held out and remembered that Trouba had held out until the final day, ultimately signing and i saw some funny business with his contract. Basically his AAV was not uniform. Year one was much higher than years 2+, and his AAV was not an accurate number to the question salary divided by years. Turns out the date the player signs impacts a players AAV in ways we aren't aware of.

In the capfriendly tweet, it notes that the best deal for us, cap-wise, would be Nylander signing a 5 year, $7.5M per year deal on December 1st. This would make his cap hit $10.3M for ONLY this year, the following 4 years would be $7M. Capfriendly maxes out at $7.5M but does explore a 6 and 7 year deal but the 5 year, $7.5M salary per year is the biggest cap saving for us.

Obviously we (and Dubas) don't want Nylander sitting out that long but this might be part of the Dubas' calculation. If the two sides can't agree to a deal then waiting becomes even more advantageous to the Leafs cap especially if we can get him signed to more than 2 years.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 09-27-2018 at 12:18 PM.

That could explain it. We know who Tavares is and I'm not worried at all about his play, just doesn't look himself right now.

In terms of team play, the stretch passes are killing me. The forwards need to do a better job supporting the defense but I've been saying this forever.

I really think they should give Engvall a serious look.

JT looked great in the other 2 games. Like Crosby, he's more of the "grinder" superstar. He'll make the occasional amazing solo play but for the most part he's a down low possession guy and a beast around the net.

JT looked great in the other 2 games. Like Crosby, he's more of the "grinder" superstar. He'll make the occasional amazing solo play but for the most part he's a down low possession guy and a beast around the net.
    I'd say that's more Toews style than Crosby.

I think Matthews is going to have e a crazy year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast