Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'd say that's more Toews style than Crosby.

I think Matthews is going to have e a crazy year.
    Noo the defensive comparrison would be bad for Tavares going forward and Tavares is a MUCH better offensive threat than Toews.

Over the last 4 seasons Crosby has 137 goals and Tavares has 136 vs Toews 97.

Tavares also has 306 points to Toews 234, 202 to 169 even strength with a much worse supporting cast than Toews had.

Where Crosby separates himself is his playmaking but with Marner on his RW and that powerplay unit. Tavares could have a monster year with the assists too.

Did guy hear Babs today? He's clearly not happy about the size of the team. And it's not exactly size that's concerning, but playing heavy and I think the Leafs lack that.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

The Leafs are laughing at center but they could use some grit at the wing. Marner and Nylander are finesse players, Johnsson is small, Ennis is small.

Marleau, Brown and Kapanen can play heavy. Leivo can play heavy as well but he is not a lock to be in the line up. Certainly didn't help himself last night.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Did guy hear Babs today? He's clearly not happy about the size of the team. And it's not exactly size that's concerning, but playing heavy and I think the Leafs lack that.

It'll come. Guys that are heavy on the puck: Nylander,Marner,Matthews,Nylander

Guys heavy without the puck: Hyman,Marleau,Kadri

Engvall, Marchment, Grundstrom are all physical in different ways and all should be competing for LW spots as early as next year depending on Marleau/Leivo/Ennis.

What I fear though is that Babcock will play the crap out of Brown and Ozhiganov this year even if they aren't good over more talented guys because he's trying to replace Komarov and Polak.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    It'll come. Guys that are heavy on the puck: Nylander,Marner,Matthews,Nylander

Guys heavy without the puck: Hyman,Marleau,Kadri

Engvall, Marchment, Grundstrom are all physical in different ways and all should be competing for LW spots as early as next year depending on Marleau/Leivo/Ennis.

What I fear though is that Babcock will play the crap out of Brown and Ozhiganov this year even if they aren't good over more talented guys because he's trying to replace Komarov and Polak.
    I'm disappointed that Grundstrom isn't on the team this season. It's not easy to have a great camp every year. Look at how Johnsson is looking this camp. If he wasn't guaranteed a spot, he would probably not be on the team based on his play.

Are we seeing a full line up tonight?

Leivos looked great, hopefully enough to earn playing time over Ennis. Finally got rewarded with 3 assists last night. If that line can bury a few and we get Nylander in (Matthews isnt getting as many looks with a LW playing the right side in Ennis) this lineup is ridiculous!

Leivos looked great, hopefully enough to earn playing time over Ennis. Finally got rewarded with 3 assists last night. If that line can bury a few and we get Nylander in (Matthews isnt getting as many looks with a LW playing the right side in Ennis) this lineup is ridiculous!
    He earned a spot from that game.

Leafs trim the roster to 26.

Forwards

Brown
    Ennis
    Gauthier
    Hyman
    Johnsson
    Kadri
    Kapanen
    Leivo
    Lindholm
    Marleau
    Marner
    Matthews
    Tavares

D Men

Carrick
    Dermott
    Gardiner
    Hainsey
    Holl
    Marincin
    Ozhiganov
    Rielly
    Zaitsev

Goalies

Andersen
    McElhinney
    Pickard
    Sparks

I think the Leafs are going to try and move Pickard and Sparks. They may carry 3 for a while, which isn't exactly ideal. Carrick likely shopped too.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs trim the roster to 26.

Forwards

Brown
    Ennis
    Gauthier
    Hyman
    Johnsson
    Kadri
    Kapanen
    Leivo
    Lindholm
    Marleau
    Marner
    Matthews
    Tavares

D Men

Carrick
    Dermott
    Gardiner
    Hainsey
    Holl
    Marincin
    Ozhiganov
    Rielly
    Zaitsev

Goalies

Andersen
    McElhinney
    Pickard
    Sparks

I think the Leafs are going to try and move Pickard and Sparks. They may carry 3 for a while, which isn't exactly ideal. Carrick likely shopped too.
    Wish we could move Hainsey so we could keep Zaitsev,Carrick,Ozhiganov and Holl all on the roster. Thats actually a very good right side despite missing a top pair guy.

When Nylander signs we have to decide between 14 forwards and 8 D it seems. I pick Goat over Marincin due to our lack of center depth and the Marlies already more than stacked on the left side.

Wish we could move Hainsey so we could keep Zaitsev,Carrick,Ozhiganov and Holl all on the roster. Thats actually a very good right side despite missing a top pair guy.

When Nylander signs we have to decide between 14 forwards and 8 D it seems. I pick Goat over Marincin due to our lack of center depth and the Marlies already more than stacked on the left side.
    I'd like to move Hainsey too. But Babcock is a guy who favours the vets. I think Dubas will eventually weed that out of the roster. There's a lot of tough decisions to be made. I have a feeling waiver exempt players get the raw end. Not saying I agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I'd like to move Hainsey too. But Babcock is a guy who favours the vets. I think Dubas will eventually weed that out of the roster. There's a lot of tough decisions to be made. I have a feeling waiver exempt players get the raw end. Not saying I agree with it.
    Babs has said that Dubas gets the final say.

There's enough of the old school GMs still around that would still probably pay a pretty penny for a guy like Hainsey over Carrick as well.

Canes turned Hainsey into TVR and a 7th in 2019.(Originally Kristo and a 2nd, Kristo gone now, 2nd for TVR + 7th in 2018, 7th flipped for 2019 pick).

Since then he has won a Cup, played on the top pair on a top 5 (very young) team and is a good guy in the room by all accounts. Chiarelli or Rutherford would probably have a go.

I would definitely be looking at sending hainsey to EDM. They're dumb and would likely give up too much

Carrick re-united with Polak lol hopefully they're smarter than we were with that duo. Not bad value for a guy that didn't play much last year but he's definitely more talented than that.

We love loading up in those conditional 7ths! Thommie Bergman isn't allowed to retire for a few years!

I liked Carrick. It sucks that it didn't work out here.

Interesting that they went with Sparks. He certainly didn't play well at camp.

I did not think it would get to this point with Nylander. Hopefully we hear something soon but it looks like he is going to miss game 1.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234