10. You may not vote on this poll
  • bears win

9 90.00%
  • seahawks win

1 10.00%

0 0%
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    And what does it say about Tribusky if he couldn't even start as a soph at UNC?
    Why didn't Mitch Trubisky play earlier? For UNC, there was a 'simple' explanation.

One of the central questions surrounding Mitch Trubisky during the draft process — and since the Bears picked him second overall Thursday night — has been: Why didn’t he win the starting job at North Carolina earlier?

Tar Heels quarterbacks coach Keith Heckendorf said that question's answer is “simple.”

Marquise Williams, who started over Trubisky in 2014 and 2015, wasn’t much of a pro prospect and failed to stick on an NFL roster after going undrafted last year. But consider this timeline:

2013: Trubisky arrives on campus, and the plan is to redshirt him. North Carolina begins the season 1-5 before fifth-year senior quarterback Bryn Renner suffers a season-ending injury. The decision is made to preserve Trubisky’s redshirt and start Williams, who leads North Carolina to five consecutive wins and a victory over Cincinnati in the Belk Bowl.

2014: Riding that second-half surge, Williams is solidly North Carolina’s quarterback. While the Tar Heels go 6-7, Williams does well in plenty of those losses (like throwing for 303 yards and rushing for 132 in a gouging of Notre Dame’s defense). Trubisky, in his first college action, completes 53.8 percent of his passes with five touchdowns and four interceptions.

2015: North Carolina goes 11-1 in the regular season, comes close to beating Clemson in the ACC title game and finishes with its highest win total since 1997. While Trubisky completed 85 percent of his passes and threw six touchdowns against no interceptions, Williams throws for 3,068 yards with 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, and rushes for 948 yards and 13 touchdowns.

“That success we had as a team with Marquise made it hard for us to pull him out of the lineup,” Heckendorf said. “And I think if (Williams’ success in 2013) hadn’t happened, there may be a completely different conversation. It was not for a lack of talent, it was not because he wasn’t capable, but it’s hard to take a guy who had the success — not only as the team winning but individually — as Marquise had and put him on the bench for an unproven commodity.”
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/ch...xplanation?amp
    Last edited by I don't care.; 09-20-2018 at 05:46 PM.

So how is it "comically" false. And what does it say about Tribusky if he couldn't even start as a soph at UNC?
    It is “comically false” to me because your claim was Mahomes one year was better than Trubisky’s three. Except the numbers don’t support that at all. I mean, did you even check those stats first or just make the claim??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we gave up a **** load of picks for a very raw player with really one season of post high school football.
    The price to move up actually wasn't bad:

Here's the “deal:”

ProFootballTalk.com tracked down the new draft-trade chart put together by Rich Hill at PatsPulpit.com, which is an excellent effort at collating information from NFL executives and examples of deals into a revised chart reflecting various market factors that have changed since Jimmy Johnson his in use with the Dallas Cowboys, including the tweaks based on the 2011 CBA implementation.

Rich’s conclusion to me: “The Bears get edge, but…” and here’s his math:

Bears get: No. 2 (717.17)

49ers get: No. 3 (514.33), No. 67 (74.59), No. 111 (28.22) and 2018 third round (38.02) = 655.16

That gives the Bears a delta of +62.01, which is the value equivalent to the 75th overall pick (third round).
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/ch...isky-trade?amp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Why do Mitches first two years matter. He didnt even play but like 1/2 of a game. If u want to compare years fine but compare full years. Its kinda like saying alex smith had more yards in 2007 then Rodgers in 2005-2007
    I was simply responding to the post. I didn’t make it about Mitch’s 3 years v Mahomes 1.

On top of that, the claim was false. I think those claims/posts should be corrected.

Mitch may turn out to be a bust. Nobody knows.

But after only 2 games in a new offense, you can't make a judgement call. He very well could turn out to be superstar QB for a decade.

We don't know....

MNF: Seahawks (0-1) @ Bears (0-1)

So how is it "comically" false. And what does it say about Tribusky if he couldn't even start as a soph at UNC?
    It says he wasn’t ready to start as a sophomore. Which has no bearing on his ability to start as a junior. Or on his ability to play now.

Also, do some research on Texas Tech’s air raid offensive system. It’s designed for Mahomes to throw a billion yards because that’s all they do is throw the ball. He’s an awesome player, but it’s easy to rack up passing yards when it’s handed to you on a silver platter.

Last edited by Cubby; 09-20-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post

But after only 2 games in a new offense, you can't make a judgement call. He very well could turn out to be superstar QB for a decade.

We don't know....
    I agree. I've been very hard on him but still have no clue what he'll be. I'll continue to be hard on him but there's still quite some time before I get worried about his future as a pro.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm pretty sure no matter which QB we drafted a bunch of guys in here would be bashing him.

Watson is injury prone, Mahomes came from a gimmick offense … should have drafted Trubisky
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I'm pretty sure no matter which QB we drafted a bunch of guys in here would be bashing him.

Watson is injury prone, Mahomes came from a gimmick offense … should have drafted Trubisky
    I still prefer Mahomes but we all know I have an unhealthy affinity for gunslingers lol

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I still prefer Mahomes but we all know I have an unhealthy affinity for gunslingers lol

And.... you’re a man right? Asking for a friend. [emoji4] just kidding blams.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post

We don't know....
    Exactly. Hence why I just ignore the fools who overreact like some are doing now.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748