Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018: Mike Stanton- Success?

So, whatís our thoughts on Mikes season?

He had a miserable start and seems to be limping home......with a super hot middle.

Is this regular season a success for him in the eyes of Yankee fans?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

looks like he's going to come up a little short of reasonable expectations

but he still led his play off team in long balls runs scored and rbi

so I'm good

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Great year for sure, but I expected more after the season he had last year playing in Miami and their massive park.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Usually when guys come to yanks there first year isnít anything crazy but usually a good year. Kinda like arod in 2004. Next year i see Stanton going 50 and 125

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Usually when guys come to yanks there first year isnít anything crazy but usually a good year. Kinda like arod in 2004. Next year i see Stanton going 50 and 125
    Good point. Arod was actually insane for us. First 7 years w Yankees, he had 30/100. 2007 was nuts. .314/54/156
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I think it was fine. Solid. I think he's got more to come.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I am actually surprised he did as well as he did this year. I was expecting a Sanchez-esque season from him, so I am pleasantly surprised by how he did. I still think it was sub par for the contract and the expectation but as far as realistic goals, I'd say he was pretty close.

I expect him to have very good seasons over the next few years.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

He had an ok year.

I certainly didnít expect 50+

I expected .285 44 118

I think 2019 will be much better and close to my numbers...

The problem is he has that contract and will get blamed for any failures the team has, which is not quite fair.

He is slowly turning into the ARod fans love to boo.....

He didn't have the 50hr yr we hoped but overall i think his first season has been a success all things considered.

He had to adjust to a new team, new league, new positions and probably the biggest adjustment he went from an extremely small market no pressure team to the biggest market highest pressure team in baseball.

He was our 2nd or 3rd best hitter from the end of April through August also lets not forget that he played a ton of those games at far less than a 100%. Playing through the injury for a extended period of time very likely affected his overall numbers. He did alot to keep the team winning in the 2nd half and helped carry this team after Judge got hurt. All in all i thought he had an very good first yr, showed alot of guts and leadership by choosing to play all those games in a row at less than a 100% and was an excellent addition to the team. As long as he can stay healthy i would be pretty surprised if he didn't have the huge yr we were hoping for next yr

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Great year for sure, but I expected more after the season he had last year playing in Miami and their massive park.

How was his year great?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He didn't have the 50hr yr we hoped but overall i think his first season has been a success all things considered.

He had to adjust to a new team, new league, new positions and probably the biggest adjustment he went from an extremely small market no pressure team to the biggest market highest pressure team in baseball.

He was our 2nd or 3rd best hitter from the end of April through August also lets not forget that he played a ton of those games at far less than a 100%. Playing through the injury for a extended period of time very likely affected his overall numbers. He did alot to keep the team winning in the 2nd half and helped carry this team after Judge got hurt. All in all i thought he had an very good first yr, showed alot of guts and leadership by choosing to play all those games in a row at less than a 100% and was an excellent addition to the team. As long as he can stay healthy i would be pretty surprised if he didn't have the huge yr we were hoping for next yr
    That is all great and wonderful but you know how he will be judged????

Oct baseball!

They need to get to the ALDS vs the Red Sox at the very minimum....

Then he can have a full series with the comparisons of him and JD with every game if they meet....

I still feel good about this teamís chances if they face Boston.....Hopefully Judge is somewhat reliable with his swing and Stanton can live up to the enormous pressure of Yankee baseball in Oct....not all good-great hitters can handle it, hopefully Stanton can....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How was his year great?
    How is it not? His overall numbers, while less than what I expected, are still extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    How is it not? His overall numbers, while less than what I expected, are still extremely good.

JD Martinez is having a great year.

Stanton is having an OK season. Slow start, great middle and so far in Sept he has done NADDA!
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Well we already have a Mr. October and a mister May and the stupid Mr November nickname. Perhaps, Stanton is Mr. March.

G performed this year as I expected. Guys who change leagues have some early trouble often because all the pitchers are new to them... not to mention they try to play up to expectations (and in NY, that's WAY up) so they try too hard to give the fans what they expect...

Next year, He'll know how NY is to play for and the pitchers won't all be new... Next year is when I would consider him to be dangerous. Add in Judge being back and Sanchez and now Aaron Boone won't be a rookie no more and that could make a big difference.. if this team was good this year.. next year may be exciting... Add in that Mookie Betts and JDMart will probably come back down to earth and you will probably see fortunes turn over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast