Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Week 2 Minnesota Vikings (1-0) vs Green Bay Packers (1-0)

Week Two
    @

Sunday, September 16th at 1:00PM EST/ 12:00PM CST
    TV: FOX

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Kirk Cousins, QB #8 - 244 Yards / 2 TD 0 INT / 55.6 CMP% / 95.1 QB Rating
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 286 Yards / 3 TD 0 INT / 66.7 CMP% / 130.7 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Latavius Murray, RB #25 - 42 Yards / 11 Carries/ 3.8 YPC / 0 TD
    Jamaal Williams, RB #30 - 47 Yards / 15 Carries/ 3.1 YPC/ 0 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Adam Thielen, WR #19 - 6 Catches / 102 Yards / 0 TD
    Randall Cobb, WR #18 - 9 Catches / 142 Yards / 1 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Kyle Rudolph, TE #82 - 1 Catches / 11 Yards / 1 TD
    Jimmy Graham, TE #80 - 2 Catches / 8 Yards / 0 TD

Defensive Line

~VS~

Sheldon Richardson, DE #96 - 6 Tackles / 0.5 Sacks
    Mike Daniels, DE #76 - 3 Tackles / 1 Sacks

Linebacker

~VS~

Ben Gedeon, LB #52 - 5 Tackles / 0 Sacks
    Nick Perry, OLB #53 - 5 Tackles / 1 Sacks / 1 FF

Defensive Back

~VS~

Harrison Smith, S #22 - 8 Tackles / 1 INT / 1 PDEF / 1 Sack
    Tramon Williams, CB #38 - 6 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF

Kicker

~VS~

Daniel Carlson, K #7 - 1 FGM / 1 FGA / 3 XPM / 3 XPA
    Mason Crosby, K #2 - 1 FGM / 1 FGA / 3 XPM / 3 XPA

Click For More Stats
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 09-10-2018 at 05:19 PM.

RIP Gene Wilder

Obviously, the Rodgers injury is a concern. I saw speculation of a MCL sprain that would limit his mobility for 2-4 weeks.

We need an offensive game plan with a lot of quick throws and working out of shotgun/pistol regardless of Rodgers injury status. Hopefully MM can figure that one out but it has been apparent for a while.

The fact the doctor told Rodgers that he couldnít do more damage to it by going back out there makes me worry quite a bit. I wouldnít be surprised if itís an acl.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    The fact the doctor told Rodgers that he couldnít do more damage to it by going back out there makes me worry quite a bit. I wouldnít be surprised if itís an acl.
    Cant they tell pretty quickly if the concern is an ACL or not? An MRI confirms it but theres a flexibilty test they do to see if the ACL is "doing its job" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Cant they tell pretty quickly if the concern is an ACL or not? An MRI confirms it but theres a flexibilty test they do to see if the ACL is "doing its job" so to speak.
    I am sure there is but it didn't seem like he had much flexibility in it when he came back in lol. And if something is torn then the doctor is right, you can't do much worse to it lol. I am probably overly worried but i still think its an injury that could keep him out some games or at the very least make him immobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    they can feel for it but, if there is a ton of swelling they can't always be sure.

If it's an ACL I will be really shocked that they let him go back out. I could see the MCL strain or something similar and them being like ok yeah its not going to do anymore structural damage. ACL on the other hand if its torn can do a ton more damage then you start hurting the meniscus and the other ligaments in the knee because they have to try and pick up the slack.

I went through it. I tore my ACL my junior year in high school and was misdiagnosed and played the whole season that way. When the surgeon finally diagnosed it and did the surgery my meniscus was all tore up and they said the only that saved the rest of my knee was with all the weight lifting I did before actually hurting my knee I had built my quad muscle up enough that it was picking up the slack and keeping me walking.

RIP Gene Wilder

For what itís worth, that former chargers team doctor that tweets all the time about injuries said thereís no worry about the acl with the way the leg bent. Mcl was most likely. Hard to say anything for certain but thatís what he said.

I love the short passing game, but I hope we consider incorporating some of the young guys in as a change of pace. Allison did well on that deep ball but doesnít terrify anyone. All of the young guys, but MVS in particular have the speed to get up field quickly. And if we are going to be successful on quick throws, having a guy who can get upfield quickly would be huge.

When Jones is back I would love to see Monty back in wr group. He can make plays in space and I actually might like him more than Cobb but Cobb played so freaking great.

So stupid if Rodgers goes back under center much the rest of the season. Thereís no reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    When Jones is back I would love to see Monty back in wr group. He can make plays in space and I actually might like him more than Cobb but Cobb played so freaking great.

So stupid if Rodgers goes back under center much the rest of the season. Thereís no reason for it
    Where's the logic that Ty is a better WR than Cobb..I see it so much. There's zero evidence of it

Nervous about this game. Even with a healthy Rodgers this was going to be a tough challenge. Not feeling good.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Where's the logic that Ty is a better WR than Cobb..I see it so much. There's zero evidence of it
    Agree. And we have enough monty style guys anyways. We have the short area guys. We need guys to stretch the field. Adams is near when running shorter routes because he creates so much room off the line, buy heís talented enough to do anything, include go deep. But Cobb and Allison both win more in short yardage situations.

We need guys to win downfield. I donít think monty adds to that. I think MVS, Davis and Moore have the potential to. Not sure EQ does, as I think heís more of a big slot type (reminds me a lot of Jordan Matthews to be honest). Itíll take time, but Iíd love for one of those guys to gain a little trust and pick up a few snaps. All it takes is 1 or 2 deep connections and it makes the defense think.

Well I said ďmight actually like him moreĒ

It was my opinion and could talk myself into it.... Cobb isnít consistent... Monty can take a hit better and I think run just as good routes within a step or two of Cobb either way. Hands are on par... size Iíd give edge to monty. Iím just saying I could be talked into it. So chill

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Well I said ďmight actually like him moreĒ

It was my opinion and could talk myself into it.... Cobb isnít consistent... Monty can take a hit better and I think run just as good routes within a step or two of Cobb either way. Hands are on par... size Iíd give edge to monty. Iím just saying I could be talked into it. So chill
    I tried to post earlier but it didn't go through. Anyways, I don't have that huge of a problem with the opinion. I'm just surprised how often I've seen it the last few months. I sure didn't expect it after that game.

I'm chill. Don't get bent all out of shape. It was my opinion too. Disagreeing with people isn't an attack. No reason to get so defensive...

based on what Rodgers said in the interview after the game i firmly believe the Packer coaching staff know exactly what injury Rodgers sustained and they are waiting until Wednesday to release news of it for at worst game scheme or at best because they can. i personally think it's a MCL strain or tear. Minny is going to be tough to beat even with a 100% Rodgers. i am leaning toward resting Rodgers this week if it's a strain. based on game play i think we need quick release slants, WR screens and medium in routes. the O line got exposed against Chicago. they cannot hold those forever blocks Rodgers loves and he is now gimpy. when Kizer was in he got swarmed several times. i am not optimistic about the rook WR squad we are saddle bagged with. if you want blind speed i think Janis is available. Rodgers never threw to him either but he had speed. what i saw this Sunday was a glorious come back game. it also gave me pause because the whole team was ill prepared. talent wise this team is average or slightly above. we got cocky and barely beat a team we were favored to beat by 7 points. some great half time adjustments were made. an area of past weakness. it's not all doom and gloom but i see mediocrity over exception right now.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 09-11-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast