Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kopech tears UCL. Out for 2019 :(

UGH.

Not only does he miss a year of development but we literally lose a year of control for absolutely nothing.

If you are a glass half full person.... at least it was unlikely we would have competed in 19.

This, along with Hansen losing his **** and the Dunning injury, is really bumming me out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...B:topheadlines

I feel for Kopech ....waited most of his life to reach his dream and now its delayed . He will be back in 2020 good as new! TJ surgery has come a long way and i believe he will come back throwing the ball with the same velocity and movement.

I don't think this team was going to compete for the playoffs anyway next year....But they need to do something and be competitive more years like the last few can not happen going forward. They will need to spend money this off season and sprinkle in some more youngsters to go along with the FA. 2019 has to be a jumping point season....meaning above .500.

Jimenez,Collins and Cease have to be in the Majors next season, to name a few....

Good thing we called him up for nothing, to pitch in a lost season. Oh well, maybe he'll be more willing to sign an early extension now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Might as well bring up Eloy now, maybe he can blow out a knee or something.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Anyway, I was kidding - mostly. There are always risks involved, probably he would have torn it next spring anyway. This does really suck, 2018 has been a step backward, pitching wise for this rebuild. I'll be glad when it's over. Hope the kid is a fast healer.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Jimenez,Collins and Cease have to be in the Majors next season, to name a few....
    I still have my fingers crossed for Zack, the other two I would say are shoe ins, Eloy in mid April and Cease probably around July.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Good thing we called him up for nothing, to pitch in a lost season. Oh well, maybe he'll be more willing to sign an early extension now.
    He should have made the club out of ST....What the **** does him getting hurt have to do with anything but a freak injury?

Quick on the trigger again I see ... Ah you go Bainsy, you go...

//HINT// Read ahead before you over react next time LOL LOL LOL LOL
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

As for the serious part of your post, No he should not have made the team out of spring training. He wasn't ready and that was pretty obvious if you followed him through the season. I'll grant you that he could/should have come up a little earlier than he did, but not in April.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    As for the serious part of your post, No he should not have made the team out of spring training. He wasn't ready and that was pretty obvious if you followed him through the season. I'll grant you that he could/should have come up a little earlier than he did, but not in April.
    He threw the ball pretty well in ST....And his stuff was the most electric out of all of them in ST.....Do you remember Joe Madden's comment's after he pitched against the Cubs in ST?

I don't pay attention to anything Joe Maddon says, he is way overrated to me. Just one of many reasons I'm not a Cubs fan.

I'll keep looking for a month by month breakdown of his stats, but he was up and down. In a season that they knew was going to be a losing one, there was absolutely no reason not to get him more seasoning in the minor leagues.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting