Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Saw that too - but he is kinda past his prime. I wonder if the dolphins let davante parker walk. I'd be curious to add him.

Bills just signed some OG/C. Not sure how good he is. Assume he is depth. Just wonder if this is a little too expensive. Idk.

Bills signed C Spencer Long, formerly of the Jets, to a three-year, $13 million contract.
    Cut by the Jets just one week ago, Long did not have to wait long on the open market. His one-year stint in New York was a disaster, but Long was at least a serviceable interior lineman during his four seasons in Washington. Considering Buffalo's issues along the interior, Long will have a good shot to start this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Bills just signed some OG/C. Not sure how good he is. Assume he is depth. Just wonder if this is a little too expensive. Idk.

Bills signed C Spencer Long, formerly of the Jets, to a three-year, $13 million contract.
    Cut by the Jets just one week ago, Long did not have to wait long on the open market. His one-year stint in New York was a disaster, but Long was at least a serviceable interior lineman during his four seasons in Washington. Considering Buffalo's issues along the interior, Long will have a good shot to start this season.
    At least they realise the obvious and jumped on this guy as soon as he was available.

he was a former 3rd rd pick and was apparently OK on the redskins. So hopefully he is OK.

The details are in on the Spencer Long deal, seems team friendly:

The most important number - guaranteed money - is just the $1.2 million roster bonus due in a few weeks. Nothing beyond that can be counted on. That also means there is no dead cap hit beyond 2019 if hes released.

Guarantees roster bonus: $1.2 million due 3/17
    Workout bonus: $100,000
    Base salary: $1.35 million
    Per-game roster bonus: $15,625 per game up to $250,000
    Per-game active bonus: $62,500 per game up to $1 million
    Incentives: Up to $800,000 for playing time and team reaching 7+ wins
    Dead cap (if cut): $1.3 million (after 3/17 and before Week 1)
    Salary cap number (including LTBE incentives and option bonus): $3.95 million

If Long is on the roster as a backup for the entire 2019 season, he will make his roster bonus, his workout bonus, and the per-game bonuses for a minimum grand total of $2.9 million. If hes a starter it will be $3.9 million plus whatever playing time incentives he reaches.

You guys realise edmonds just turned 21, but is still the youngest player in the league even after this most recent draft? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You guys realise edmonds just turned 21, but is still the youngest player in the league even after this most recent draft? Crazy.
    Nvm. Devin bush is 20. So he's the 2nd youngest in the league.

If there is a pass rush this season, allowing Edmunds to do what he wants on the field, he will be the same force that Houston had with Watts, Oakland/Chicago with Mack and so on. Edmunds will be one of those players that make a game changing play each and every game.

We just cant have what we had last season. Teams picking on him because he is trying to cover so much ground out there, and being the QB's had all the time in the world to throw, once he was out of position, they would throw at him. Flacco started it week 1, Rivers did the same thing. Then GB took advantage of it, then the Pats completely destroyed him with Brady. This will end with a freaking pass rush.

This Allen hype from both the national and local media is making me excited and nervous all at the same time. When was the last time there were serious expectations for a Bills QB?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    This Allen hype from both the national and local media is making me excited and nervous all at the same time. When was the last time there were serious expectations for a Bills QB?
    I too am concerned a bit. He had a lot of flash last season but we need some substance this year.

How much can a guy really improve in one off-season? The things he struggles with are things he's always struggled with/been trying to improve.

My only expectation is improve even if it's small. Less rookie mistakes on interceptions.

Everywhere you look, there are articles saying Allen looks "electrifying" so far in camp.

As far as how much can a guy improve, well, if rookie QB's like Maholmes, Watson, Mayfield can come in and ball right from the start, Allen should have no problems this season to do the same.

I am on the bandwagon. I have been blaming our line and WR's for 4 seasons now on our QB failures. This year, we have the line to give Allen the time to throw and we now have the WR's that will give Allen the opportunity to complete at least 2 huge long passes per game. Beasley, Brown and Foster all create separation and get open and our core wont all be bottled up each and every play like they were last season. The fact is, If Allen is as good as everyone says, he will connect on those plays when these WR's are open and we are poised for an exciting season.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Everywhere you look, there are articles saying Allen looks "electrifying" so far in camp.

As far as how much can a guy improve, well, if rookie QB's like Maholmes, Watson, Mayfield can come in and ball right from the start, Allen should have no problems this season to do the same.

I am on the bandwagon. I have been blaming our line and WR's for 4 seasons now on our QB failures. This year, we have the line to give Allen the time to throw and we now have the WR's that will give Allen the opportunity to complete at least 2 huge long passes per game. Beasley, Brown and Foster all create separation and get open and our core wont all be bottled up each and every play like they were last season. The fact is, If Allen is as good as everyone says, he will connect on those plays when these WR's are open and we are poised for an exciting season.
    That's the thing. QBs typically show what they're going to be with three seasons and year 1 to 2 is when the biggest step forward is expected. He doesn't have to be great in year 2, but a small improvement will be cause for concern.

I'm not ready to completely bet on him yet, but his flashes last year made me hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That's the thing. QBs typically show what they're going to be with three seasons and year 1 to 2 is when the biggest step forward is expected. He doesn't have to be great in year 2, but a small improvement will be cause for concern.

I'm not ready to completely bet on him yet, but his flashes last year made me hopeful.
    This is where I'm at.
    His first year was perfect other than the injuries. But he showed gamebreaking ability and flashed all the raw tools.

For year 2 to be a success we need to see some improvement. Assuming we see improvment, I'll be pleased. If he's the same guy then we're in trouble.

Overall, top ten drafted QB's ball. Sure there has been the Leaf and Russel Busts, but the norm has been, top 10 drafted QB's ball right from the start. All you have to do to see this is go to profootball focus and look at the QB leader boards throughout the past few years.

With the 6th pick in the draft, Allen should be a gamer right now. He's definitely shown that he has 2 out of the 3 skills to be a gamer. already proving he has got a great attitude and has the athleticism. He is lacking the most important part so far, which is throwing. That is why on his highlight reals, there are 5 running plays, per every throw shown. As I said, we have blamed the WR's and the line. For who we had on this team, this is the only valid argument for him not playing well. Being young, is not a valid argument when we have seen young QB's come in and play since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Overall, top ten drafted QB's ball. Sure there has been the Leaf and Russel Busts, but the norm has been, top 10 drafted QB's ball right from the start. All you have to do to see this is go to profootball focus and look at the QB leader boards throughout the past few years.

With the 6th pick in the draft, Allen should be a gamer right now. He's definitely shown that he has 2 out of the 3 skills to be a gamer. already proving he has got a great attitude and has the athleticism. He is lacking the most important part so far, which is throwing. That is why on his highlight reals, there are 5 running plays, per every throw shown. As I said, we have blamed the WR's and the line. For who we had on this team, this is the only valid argument for him not playing well. Being young, is not a valid argument when we have seen young QB's come in and play since day 1.
    I can't believe I'm agreeing with you this much lol.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast