Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Kelvin Benjamin has been released. Should surprise absolutely no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Kelvin Benjamin has been released. Should surprise absolutely no one.
    Another reason for optimizing!

We have a coach who can piece together a top 5 defense with spare parts, and a rookie qb flashing franchise qb potential.

This is the best situation this team has been in for 20 years.

The OL was much better today than I have seen in a couple seasons. Not perfect, but improved.

Does anyone else agree that this season has been way more exciting than last season's playoff season? I have so much optimisim about where this team is headed. Rookie franchise qb making things happen pretty much all by himself and a top defense widdled together with spare parts and a few draft picks.

Sabers will disagree but I have been really impressed with McDermott since he was signed. Some games are total flops going back to last season, but he really gets the most out of the limited talent on the roster.

Edmunds has been looking good lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Does anyone else agree that this season has been way more exciting than last season's playoff season? I have so much optimisim about where this team is headed. Rookie franchise qb making things happen pretty much all by himself and a top defense widdled together with spare parts and a few draft picks.

Sabers will disagree but I have been really impressed with McDermott since he was signed. Some games are total flops going back to last season, but he really gets the most out of the limited talent on the roster.

Edmunds has been looking good lately too.
    There's definitely something exciting about seeing a young team find its way, figuring out who's part of the future and who isn't. And with the cap room and the draft picks they have this offseason I can see this team being a wild-card contender next season and maybe capable of a deeper playoff run by the year after that.

I can't say that I share your enthusiasm for McDermott though. I'm not saying that they can't win with him. They can. And he's got a very good defensive mind. But the way he handled the QB situation can't be forgiven so easily as far as I'm concerned. Because Allen is showing leadership and maturity far greater than any of us expected, he's bailed McDermott out. Made him look better than he deserves given the decisions he's made. This thing really could have gone sideways quickly and we could have had another Jake Locker on our hands. Hopefully McDermott learns from his mistakes and uses them to become a better coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    There's definitely something exciting about seeing a young team find its way, figuring out who's part of the future and who isn't. And with the cap room and the draft picks they have this offseason I can see this team being a wild-card contender next season and maybe capable of a deeper playoff run by the year after that.

I can't say that I share your enthusiasm for McDermott though. I'm not saying that they can't win with him. They can. And he's got a very good defensive mind. But the way he handled the QB situation can't be forgiven so easily as far as I'm concerned. Because Allen is showing leadership and maturity far greater than any of us expected, he's bailed McDermott out. Made him look better than he deserves given the decisions he's made. This thing really could have gone sideways quickly and we could have had another Jake Locker on our hands. Hopefully McDermott learns from his mistakes and uses them to become a better coach.
    That's the thing with McDermott though. He is a first year HC and I don't believe he played football beyond high school. He is definitely learning on the job but I'd say he's doing a fine job. Ask the Browns if they wish they were patient with billichek.

The way he's handled these two rebuild years has been astonishing to me. There are coaches that would have gone winless this season and we saw many coaches fail to make the playoffs with much better rosters than we had last year.

I like him.

The GM has to own a lot of the roster deficiencies as well.

Matt Barkley has signed a two-year extension to stay in Buffalo.

Matt Barkley has signed a two-year extension to stay in Buffalo.
    Better be for the minimum.

Josh Allenís final 2018 performance:
    17 of 26, 319 total yards, 5 TDs

Josh Allenís final 2018 performance:
    17 of 26, 319 total yards, 5 TDs

Great way to end it. Definitely more hopeful than I was at the beginning.

Hopefully they surround him with some talent and then we can start to really see what we have, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Great way to end it. Definitely more hopeful than I was at the beginning.

Hopefully they surround him with some talent and then we can start to really see what we have, good or bad.
    Well you have to think we have something at least positive in Allen. He's definitely above replacement level already. If he can clean up the rookie mistakes then he's a force this season.

It looks to me like he hasn't been poisoned by the bad line either. He takes off when there is room to run and stands in the pocket to make the throws under pressure.

Not better at avoiding sacks than tyrod, but still easily the best running QB we've ever had because he knows when to run. Just needs to learn when to throw it away.

I agree we need some WR's and OL to see what his ceiling can be though.

I would personally call this season a success. We had a really good draft. Between Allen, Edmunds, teller and the CB's Levi and Travon... Those are the types of drafts that get a team back into contention if you string a few of the together.

I'd like to see a passrusher added to the defense opposite Hughes and I think we're all set on D.

Time to add to the offense. Every position except QB is a major priority need.

Well you have to think we have something at least positive in Allen. He's definitely above replacement level already. If he can clean up the rookie mistakes then he's a force this season.

It looks to me like he hasn't been poisoned by the bad line either. He takes off when there is room to run and stands in the pocket to make the throws under pressure.

Not better at avoiding sacks than tyrod, but still easily the best running QB we've ever had because he knows when to run. Just needs to learn when to throw it away.

I agree we need some WR's and OL to see what his ceiling can be though.
    Definitely a positive so far, but what he does next will be key. He also needs to get more accurate overall. We blame the WRs a lot (separation, drops, etc.), but some of it is on him as well. He has to become a good enough passer where the Bills don't have to rely on him having 100 yard rushing games to be successful on offense. Again, not all on him.

I would personally call this season a success. We had a really good draft. Between Allen, Edmunds, teller and the CB's Levi and Travon... Those are the types of drafts that get a team back into contention if you string a few of the together.

I'd like to see a passrusher added to the defense opposite Hughes and I think we're all set on D.

Time to add to the offense. Every position except QB is a major priority need.
    Allen, White, and Edmunds are potential franchise pillars. Aside from everything on the offense, another CB, LB, and pass rusher are all needed.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast