Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    Yeah, the Bills have a competitive disadvantage because they and Cleveland are basically the NFL's least desirable teams in terms of locale, current roster and historical performance. They also find themselves in a very unfortunate Catch-22. The smart play is to trade Shady and perhaps another valuable vet or two (Benjamin? Hughes?) and build for the future. However, that not only makes them less desirable to free agents in the short term but also has the potential to demoralize and alienate the good players they already have on the roster who would hopefully be in the Bills long-term plans.

It's sadly telling that a "Bills Optimism Thread" has now made me want to curl up into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep...
    We all feel your pain. This will ultimately come down to how good Josh Allen ends up being though. The optimism should be a top-5 pick, then trading that to a team that wants a QB, and then drafting guys early to make life easier for him.

The mahomes/Allen comparison relates to the other conversation we are having about being a destination team (or not).

In Allen I see someone who is a humble, loyal, cold weather guy. In mahomes I see the exact opposite. For buffalo specifically, I see Allen as a much better fit once his rookie deal expires.

I think there are a lot of reasons to be excited about Allen. He's made some plays out there in his short spurts that only a handful of QBs are able to make. Speaking of him specifically and not the team around him, there is a lot to be optimistic about. The difference between him and Peterman is obvious. Peterman is just out there throwing the ball around and running for his life while Allen is out there looking to make plays.
    Say what you will about the quality of competition he's been up against, the guy has never played with a talented teammate in his life lol. Sure he is going up against 3rd stringers but allen's entire starting supporting staff is backups at best outside of McCoy and maybe Benjamin depending on what team he's on. We're the starters for the bills even on when Allen was playing?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    This is completely false lol.

John Brown was the first WR to sign with the Ravens on March 13th. Crabtree wasn't even released by the Raiders yet.

Crabtree signed on March 16th.

Snead signed on April 20th.

The draft wasn't even until April 26th.

Please check your facts before throwing things out there.

Other than that, I agree that Buffalo has never really been a free agent destination.
    If he was the first receiver taken, then John Murphy was wrong, because on the radio, he said Brown was the last option available to us at WR on the market. He then played John Browns Podcast where he told everyone he could have made a lot more with Buffalo.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-12-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    If he was the first receiver taken, then John Murphy was wrong, because on the radio, he said Brown was the last option available to us at WR on the market. He then played John Browns Podcast where he told everyone he could have made a lot more with Buffalo.
    Then he was wrong...either that or you're mistaking him for a different WR.

Regardless, Google is your friend. It helps avoid putting out wrong information.

Week 2 was better than week 1? *Shrugs*

The defense played really well.

You have to hand it to them... The defensive drafting has been stellar.
    Tyron Johnson is quietly one of the best quarter CB's in the league in his rookie year. White is already one of the best in the league and Milano in the 5th round was a steal. Poyer and Hyde became stars here. If Edmunds picks it up next year (a year where he will still be younger than most of the rookies), then we are only a #2 corner and some defensive depth from being SOLID on that side of the ball. Add in a serious pass rush threat and we should have a top defense.

That all being said, the offense needs to be able to make plays of the defense will be tired every game.

While we can't jump for joy at beating the Jets, last Sunday provided a few things to be optimistic about.

1) Nathan Peterman is gone. Good riddance.

2) Wyatt Teller had a hell of a game. He looks hungry out there. If he can build on this then the left side of the O-line has the potential to be a strength going forward. Having to fill 2 or 3 holes in the O-line via the draft and free agency is better than having to fill 3 or 4. Small victories...

3) Barkley looked competent. I'm not going to pretend that we struck gold because it's one game in an otherwise disappointing career but he held his own out there. He had a command of that offense that we hadn't seen previously this season.

4) Zay Jones looked good. Foster and McKenzie both impressed. I was glad to see the offensive scheme get away from Kelvin Benjamin. He's a disinterested waste of a uniform at this point. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing them cut him just to send a message.

I'm not sure how I feel about McDerrmott's decision to start Allen after the bye week. I'm still of the opinion that he should be watching and learning instead of getting the snot pounded out of him each week. That said, this isn't like Rodgers learning behind Favre or Mahomes learning behind Alex Smith. I'm not sure how much Allen can learn behind a guy who was watching the NFL on his couch a few weeks ago. I just don't want to see Allen get hurt or have his confidence destroyed.

Allen sounds like hes back. hopefully he was inspired by barkley's start.

If he gets hit a lot or has a **** game then i want allen to sit out the rest of the season.

The offense of so dramatically different when Allen is at QB. That TD pass! Wow!

Foster has been such a breath of fresh air.

Jalen Ramsey going up to Allen after the game. lol

Another great game by Allen. He had a couple rookie mistakes with the INT's but they don't discourage me. He just needs to learn to identify different coverage tricks coaches use in the NFL.

Allen sure looks a lot like a white cam out there. They had the same issues with accuracy coming out too, but look at cams throwing percentage this season - gives me hope.

Allen did all he could to lead us to a win. We need to get him some recieving get threats but this kid can play and can lead a weak offense to wins.

It's fair to be optimistic about Allen following the last two games.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast