Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Beckham has been rumored. He will cost more than AB though because he isn't demanding a trade. I like AB more though. Odell has the hands but brown has the break away speed.

Yea, there's really no great options in FA & they would really be banking on hitting on a WR or two during the draft. No matter what, they def need to at least draft a couple WRs.

A trade for a proven, elite WR would be dope I just don't know if I could see that happening. They at least tried with Kelvin, although he sucked. So I will give management an effort for trying. I'd actually be OK with a trade for Keelan Cole on Jacksonville, a lower cost option. If the price tag is too high for these other ones, I'm ok with going after some other lower cost option that may have a high ceiling.

but don't get me wrong - I want a bonafide #1

Checking out this - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...wide-receiver/

It does look for 2020 AJ Green is an UFA, so perhaps Cincy moves on from him knowing they won't franchise him as he is getting older. Tyreke and Michael Thomas are also UFAs but they will at least get franchised. Some of these elite WRs are almost like franchise QBs and won't get moved. So when there is a chance, you gotta bounce on them.

A #1 WR might be more rare than a franchise QB.

I kinda agree. Not sure we have the ammo/appetite for AB or Odell if they are avail. Def have to enquire at least.

If not, gotta look for mid tier trade options and load up on draft WRs.

This FA class is uninspiring, and I don't see Golden Tate wanting to come here. He is more of a 2yr deal kinda guy too.

That said, if FA WRs stink maybe they spend more on OL with the cap space.

a good OL makes everyone else look better

Good call by our friend sabers who branded Edmunds a bust half way through his rookie season and after a particularly bad game. The kid finished strong. Hes going to be even better next year.

Yeah and Edmunds will still be younger than most of the guys getting drafted this year. He can already do a little bit of everything.

I would sign Golden Tate to a 2 year deal. I don't think Allen is getting enough respect league wide for his rookie season because the talent around him was sooooo bad he didn't put up great stats. I'm worried FA WR's wont realize how good he is. Anything that happened on offense was basically Allen by himself. Our best WR couldn't get on the field in college lol. We might have 2 NFL OL but one was a rookie and the other a sophomore (teller, Dawkins).

Loading up in the OL may actually be best for winning. It would help our in game and let Allen do what he wants to do. I think I would be open to that. Everyone on the team would perform better with a better OL.

I'd give up a 2nd for bown or Odell. It's hard to get a grasp on what guys are worth on the trade market. Some guys are traded for are picks that you think would be worth more and some guys are traded for multiple 1sts. No idea what brown will be traded for.

anyone have a few tidbits on our new O Line coach? Should this be considering promising?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...ive-line-coach

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    anyone have a few tidbits on our new O Line coach? Should this be considering promising?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...ive-line-coach
    Players seem to like it...

He was the assistant OL coach for Indy this past year and their OL took a huge step forward.

At the end of the day, it's about the talent that's put out there on the field. He's not going to miraculously make this group good.

Spending on OL seems to be the way to go in FA and then draft BPA.

I think they may be out of luck when it comes to WRs this offseason, unless you want someone like Funchess or Tyrell Williams or if a 2nd/3rd round pick surprises.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345